SAU Community

Sydney #2 ~ Megalong Valley Cruise

Assasin

Thanks to all who came. Was a great cruise. I probably have one more cruise in the making.

Terry, no excuses next time brother!

Nice to meet more people. I'm glad everyone enjoyed the day. Definately makes you feel as though you did have a weekend, thats for sure.

Catch up with you all soon! =)

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi All,

I'd like to thank everyone involved in organising this cruise & everyone who turned up on the day, I had a great time smile.gif

Only problem (if you wanna call it that) is that I never figured out who was who from this forum, ah well!

I'm flat out getting ready to move but can't wait to check out all the pics and posts later...

I also took a few and will upload when I get time.

I see mention of the video - I'd love to see some - I spotted somebody videoing us leaving the tea rooms - that'd be quite something to see. (Not sure if anyone overtly hooned at this stage or not). Anyway, I can understand why it's not a good idea to put some of the video up for anyone to view... maybe there is another way we can do this?

I had a video cam set up in my car but I stuffed up the positioning a bit - plus it moved from all the vibration - so you get a good view of me driving but not much from out the windscreen ermm.gif

My car was fine on the day, except on the way back my seatbelt unbolted from the floor - too much vibration along the last leg near the tea rooms I guess!

Cheers

Have to add this....

Well Done James, and i guess the Mrs too for her part also, on yet another 'Cruise'.

It is good to get out of the 'Danger areas', and into the sticks for a cup of Tea and Scones.

It certainly was impressive in the turn-out, I still got to get the pics we took up on the Board.

I kinda lost a few of you guys, but noticed.... as i drove past, quite a gaggle of Nissans in a Maccas on the freeway. Anyways...I got caught with the rain, but then again being an ex-Pom, no change i suppose!!

We need a barby that is part of the club, so we can have a bite somewhere else. (maybe?)

OR, maybe even a club-house!!!(maybe just a Bar somewhere we all know someone may be on say the 3rd weds of every month. nothin special, just a place were we can get to easily etc.

Ideas, Ideas, Ideas.... silence fool.!!

Certainly enjoyed the drive though, well done all of us. Pics say it all I suppose.

More..??

What about the ANZAC day one, is this on the Cruise roster?

Edited by Richieb

Haha I didn't introduce myself to anyone... I was beaing sneaky! :whistling:

Thats why I dont like SAU cruises. No one introduces themselves. No one knows whats what and where to cruise to. Like the pizza cruise I went on with you guys.

Thats why I organise my own cruises. Cause everyone who comes is friendly, and everyone enjoys themselves.. Anyways, enough said, each to their own.

Next time you come along DRDOOF, introduce yourself mate. I saw you on the megalong valley cruise, but noticed you weren't interested in meeting any new people. So I left you to yourself.

At least I make a concerted effort to meet everyone, like I did at Olympic Park, I went to everyone and introduced myself.

Just a thought mate.

Guest Joeyz

There is no need for this guys. I did not even say hi to everyone on the day to be honest i said hi to you James at the end, and intoduced to maybe 4 other people that were there excluding the friends i already had meet. I was probably to busy taking photos all the time. Anyway I did have a great day and a good drive.

My 2cents

I have bluddy no idea who anyone is either... Now I think back I saw doofs car but still have no idea wtf he is, even tho I know he sports a serious system, should of had a DB contest with the yellow 34.. Nice system there too!

Thats why I dont like SAU cruises. No one introduces themselves. No one knows whats what and where to cruise to. Like the pizza cruise I went on with you guys.

Thats why I organise my own cruises. Cause everyone who comes is friendly, and everyone enjoys themselves.. Anyways, enough said, each to their own.

Next time you come along DRDOOF, introduce yourself mate. I saw you on the megalong valley cruise, but noticed you weren't interested in meeting any new people. So I left you to yourself.

At least I make a concerted effort to meet everyone, like I did at Olympic Park, I went to everyone and introduced myself.

Just a thought mate.

I pretty much know everyone on the SAU cruises already...

And You didn't meet me at Olympic park! I don't think I met anyone there... I'm surprised we weren't flooded with people when we hopped out of the NUR...

And the only reason I didn't come and introduce myself was cause i was hung over :whistling: No hard feelings or anything, it wasn't personal...

Thursday??

Where do I get the info then ?

Ummm events section? Same place you got the info for this cruise???

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/Sa...It-t211870.html

OR if you don't like that idea, come to the Thursday meets we hold weekly :whistling:

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/We...-2-t190095.html

I have bluddy no idea who anyone is either... Now I think back I saw doofs car but still have no idea wtf he is, even tho I know he sports a serious system, should of had a DB contest with the yellow 34.. Nice system there too!

MUAHAHAH! I was stealth in the NUR most of the day :whistling: That's another reason why I didn't bother introducing myself... no car, and cbf with an abundance of 'wheres your car' questions... even though I got them anyway :P

I introduced myself to everyone I think, problem is I always talk too much and most people were probably thinking, "man I wish this guy would fk off" :P

Everyone seemed fairly friendly and it was a good cruise, loved that silver R34, I want those rims! I see the Nur spec all the time as it belongs to my friend so I wasn't really gawking at it and thought the silver one was tidy as. Oh and thankyou to all the people that took photos, there seems to be a fair few photos of my stockish looking car in them for some reason, so I have some nice photos of it now. :rofl:

I introduced myself to everyone I think, problem is I always talk too much and most people were probably thinking, "man I wish this guy would fk off" :rofl:

Everyone seemed fairly friendly and it was a good cruise, loved that silver R34, I want those rims! I see the Nur spec all the time as it belongs to my friend so I wasn't really gawking at it and thought the silver one was tidy as. Oh and thankyou to all the people that took photos, there seems to be a fair few photos of my stockish looking car in them for some reason, so I have some nice photos of it now. :P

Hi Zilch!!!! :P

I pretty much know everyone on the SAU cruises already...

And You didn't meet me at Olympic park! I don't think I met anyone there... I'm surprised we weren't flooded with people when we hopped out of the NUR...

And the only reason I didn't come and introduce myself was cause i was hung over :cool: No hard feelings or anything, it wasn't personal...

Some of Us Discussed This Special Car that was meant to show up..

Hey when Zilch said there was a SPECIAL car coming i was thinking some juiced Up GT2 Porsche , Ferrari Or Lamborgini , the only reason why you werent flooded with people when You hoped out of The NUR Is because some people Dont regard it as a Super Car , I honestly loved it But i wouldnt think of it as something SPECIAL ... Dont take it the wrong way or anything ... The only R34 GTR I Would regard As something Special Would be without a doubt R34 GTR Z TUNE, and im sure alot of people would agree with me on that ..

Just my 2 Cents ....

P.S. Whole time i was trying to figure out WHO was Zilch , Black R33 With Gold Rims right ?

Edited by MRGTR911

Well I liked it, and I'm sure the owner does too :D

But yeah, I tend to get wood over nice skylines, more so then I would over a nice Porsche, Ferrari or Lamborghini... I don't think of it as a 'super car' as that boundary is being pushed further and further every year, but it is still nice to see a car of only 750 in the world come and join some like minded enthusiasts on a cruise... :D

PS: Yes! :cool:

Some of Us Discussed This Special Car that was meant to show up..

Hey when Zilch said there was a SPECIAL car coming i was thinking some juiced Up GT2 Porsche , Ferrari Or Lamborgini , the only reason why you werent flooded with people when You hoped out of The NUR Is because some people Dont regard it as a Super Car , I honestly loved it But i wouldnt think of it as something SPECIAL ... Dont take it the wrong way or anything ... The only R34 GTR I Would regard As something Special Would be without a doubt R34 GTR Z TUNE, and im sure alot of people would agree with me on that ..

Just my 2 Cents ....

P.S. Whole time i was trying to figure out WHO was Zilch , Black R33 With Gold Rims right ?

Yeah point taken, just thought with a skyline cruise people would get a real kick out of the Nur, less for people like yourself though, I mean you own 2 R34 GTRs man!!

And yes that was me, the one who wanted to "borrow" those awesome Nismo rims on your car, I only have the Koya Drifteks on mine :cool: As I said before, I really like your car, clean as and sounds great. A lot of nice cars there really, at one stage on the cruise I was unfortunate enough to have in front, beside and behind me, an R32 GTR.. While going up a hill all 3 gave it a little and damn near shook my head apart with the vibrations!

how many cars turned up fellas.

I didnt do a count, but I'm pretty sure there were easily 30 cars at a minimum.

There were at least 20 cars at the Eastern Creek truck stop alone, and I noticed many more at the tea rooms :cool:

... not to mention the unmarked cop car (white Commode)...

• Similar Content

• Latest Posts

• Does raising the back of the bonnet actually work? So much conflicting information.
    • It will, you're nearly there. Home straight and all that.
    • Here's the gore: The above photo was me literally at a paint shop thinking "ah, I can't get it painted like that" Below is the left side vs right side taken randomly with phone. This is after. I now have a GTR strut brace because the vents actually foul on the GTT strut brace. They also look like they very nearly foul on the GTR strut brace, but it's like 35-40mm lower so that isn't possible, lol. I will say this though, the vents let out a LOT of heat when the thing is idling. You could literally see the heat haze in a wall just flowing out of the vents when the car was parked, so the theory about it letting under bonnet temps out when stopped is sound. Though if I had my time again, I would have just cut these out (or just bought GTR bits and cut these out of a GTR bonnet). This photo *before* the whole lot was covered with Carbuilders insulation mat which probably didn't help. Would have looked similar to the below, but in the pattern of the above. I'm sure you understand. Or I could have just raised the back of the bonnet. TL;DR
    • I said this! After asking around and looking for second shops, I did find one. I have it there, paid a deposit. Went in to drop off a bracket to fix my reo bar which had a bracket cut off a decade ago to fit a blitz FMIC. (the brackets need to be replaced/put back on to stop the headlights sagging from the bonnet, which is a whole thing, a replacement reo is $1000+) But anyway yes. I saw it in a workshop with a bunch of other cars after it's been there a week. For bonus points, it's clearly been moved outside during the week as they make room in the shop. I know this because we've had rain, and rain on untreated newly shaped and raw metal has a predictable result. They said to give it 6-8 weeks but don't quote him on that. There's a fair amount to do and there's a lot of cars there, so my prediction is about 52 weeks. I'm sure it'll be fine.