SAU Community

Sydney #2 ~ Megalong Valley Cruise

Assasin

You guys mind if i tag along? i sond my Skyline but :laugh: i stll have a Nissan though.

I don't see why not? :D

Also - I just checked on Caltex's site and apparently the Caltex truck stop on the M4 sells Vortex 98:

(for those who might be interested!)

--------------------------------------------------

Detailed Information

Name: Caltex Star Mart EASTERN CREEK WESTBOUND

Address: M4 MOTORWAY WESTBOUND

EASTERN CREEK NSW 2766

Phone: 02 96721622

Fax: 02 96721846

Location Type:Service Station

Products:Unleaded Petrol, E10 Unleaded, Vortex 95, Vortex 98, Auto LPG, Diesel

----------------------------------------------------

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

lolz all servos SELL 98 octane petrol but the question is whether they HAVE any at the time or not lolz i got my grubby little hands on some BP ultimate 98 yesterday so im a happy lil camper

lolz all servos SELL 98 octane petrol but the question is whether they HAVE any at the time or not lolz i got my grubby little hands on some BP ultimate 98 yesterday so im a happy lil camper

No, not all servos sell 98 octane. Far from it.

hmmm ok then...... every servo i have been to sells it......... but i relatively only ever go to shell caltex and bp i dont risk goin anywhere near the small unnamed ones...... had too much trouble with the shit fuel from them joints in my old car

hmmm ok then...... every servo i have been to sells it......... but i relatively only ever go to shell caltex and bp i dont risk goin anywhere near the small unnamed ones...... had too much trouble with the shit fuel from them joints in my old car

Couldnt agree more, you never know the quality of their tanks etc. Some look decidedly dodgy.

Down around Wollongong many of the 'big' servos don't sell 98RON at all - even when it is available :\

It was only last week that I tried Vortex 98 as there was nothing else around 98-wise and my car seemed to like it as much as BP Ultimate.

I'll need to fuel up at that Caltex stop once I get there because I'll have already travelled 140 kays :blink:

Why am I still awake? lol...

The Met Bureau says at this stage:

Sunday

A few showers developing.

City: Min: 15 Max: 21

West: Min: 10 Max: 21

Think sunny weather... think sunny weather... :D:D:P

lolz well there ya go....thats probably y our opinions on "the big servos" differ........ the amount of time i drag my ass down to the gong in a year???? maybe once or twice lolz so not really in the know of things down the gong way lolz but yeah i feel ya on the dodginess of some of those smaller joints

Along the cruise their is 98 sold at

West-bound:

Eastern Creek Caltex

Glenbrook Caltex

City-bound:

Blaxland Mobil

Valley Heights BP

However it's only a 200km round trip from Eastern Creek twin servo's to Megalong Valley and back so if you need to fill up during the trip your best off visiting a mechanic instead.

Edit: I hope someone notified the Tea Rooms of all these cars attending as I mentioned earlier in the thread.

Edited by benm

Edit: I hope someone notified the Tea Rooms of all these cars attending as I mentioned earlier in the thread.

For the burnout comp in their car park?

Guest Joeyz

James

Sorry to bother you again, but can you take that canclled bit off beside my name cause i'll end up coming now.

It got the better of me :) .

:) Joey.

James

Sorry to bother you again, but can you take that canclled bit off beside my name cause i'll end up coming now.

It got the better of me :) .

:) Joey.

OH YAY!!!!!!!! :teehee:

C U tomorrow then!!!!!!!! WOOOOOOT!!

Oh yeah, you guys are going to love this, convinced 2 of my friends to come on this cruise, 1 is a gunmetal R32 GTR and the other.. is an absolutely beautiful car to add to the cruise and for you all to perv on. :devil:

Edited by Zilch*

Im in, 100% confirmed. Paint job is done! :devil:

Btw, does everyone realise that daylight savings is in effect as of 3am Sunday morning?

You have to turn your clocks back 1 hour..

Hope this doesnt end up effecting any meet-ups.

Guest Joeyz

James

The 2nd meet at Caltex Truckstop M4, was just wondering if you meant to meet around the back where all the trucks park, there ias a lot more room there.

Joey

hey guys just found out i am coming as well :thumbsup: unfortunatly my spraypainter who was going to spray my car doesn't have the time to work on my car for another month (what a hassle) so i got my car back today, i hope daylight savings dont do anything about the time we are meeting up, i just changed my time so yea i will be at the twin servos..... btw i am in a silver r33 gtst which my paint is not up to scratch :) but will do see you guys there

• Similar Content

• Latest Posts

• Does raising the back of the bonnet actually work? So much conflicting information.
    • It will, you're nearly there. Home straight and all that.
    • Here's the gore: The above photo was me literally at a paint shop thinking "ah, I can't get it painted like that" Below is the left side vs right side taken randomly with phone. This is after. I now have a GTR strut brace because the vents actually foul on the GTT strut brace. They also look like they very nearly foul on the GTR strut brace, but it's like 35-40mm lower so that isn't possible, lol. I will say this though, the vents let out a LOT of heat when the thing is idling. You could literally see the heat haze in a wall just flowing out of the vents when the car was parked, so the theory about it letting under bonnet temps out when stopped is sound. Though if I had my time again, I would have just cut these out (or just bought GTR bits and cut these out of a GTR bonnet). This photo *before* the whole lot was covered with Carbuilders insulation mat which probably didn't help. Would have looked similar to the below, but in the pattern of the above. I'm sure you understand. Or I could have just raised the back of the bonnet. TL;DR
    • I said this! After asking around and looking for second shops, I did find one. I have it there, paid a deposit. Went in to drop off a bracket to fix my reo bar which had a bracket cut off a decade ago to fit a blitz FMIC. (the brackets need to be replaced/put back on to stop the headlights sagging from the bonnet, which is a whole thing, a replacement reo is $1000+) But anyway yes. I saw it in a workshop with a bunch of other cars after it's been there a week. For bonus points, it's clearly been moved outside during the week as they make room in the shop. I know this because we've had rain, and rain on untreated newly shaped and raw metal has a predictable result. They said to give it 6-8 weeks but don't quote him on that. There's a fair amount to do and there's a lot of cars there, so my prediction is about 52 weeks. I'm sure it'll be fine.