SAU Community

R35 Gt-r V-spec Thread

GT51R

Hi,

I have heard rumours of a V Spec becoming the base model for Nissan Australia. Not a base, not a black or premium edition but a V Spec. Is there any truth to this?

Is there anyone with some real valid information rather than pure speculation?

Anyone got some substantial info?

http://www.vqmotoring.com/forum/showthread.php?t=63

This is what america believes to be the EVO spec which is lightened with carbon parts etc and only a 2 seater.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That is one of the more ridiculous rumours I've heard. Nissan have said the V-Spec will be a limited run, extremely low volume car so I wouldn't be suprised if Australia never see's an officially imported V-Spec.

We're talking about the same Nissan that refused to sell 2 seater 300ZX's in Australia because the believed no one would buy em right?

They've already priced themselves at the high end of the affordability scale (compared to other mass produced sports cars)... the added costs of a V Spec or Evo would price them right out of the ball park.

theres one in western australia now lols.. GG

No there are no V-Spec's anywhere except perhaps secretly tucked away in Japan somewhere.

20080117-sendai-specv-02.jpg

This is about as much as anyone knows about a V-Spec... It might look like this. Or it might not.

No there are no V-Spec's anywhere except perhaps secretly tucked away in Japan somewhere.

20080117-sendai-specv-02.jpg

This is about as much as anyone knows about a V-Spec... It might look like this. Or it might not.

Looks like wide guards are going to be popular in the years to come. I can't think of anyone wanting to roll around with offsets like that.

You all underestimate Nissan Australia, and any other Japanese Manufacturers that import cars into this country.

I can see the V-Spec being imported. Only it wont be a V-Spec, just a badge. Honda have given us poverty pack Type Rs for years when compared to Japanese versions. Subaru with STI. Nissan with S15s, the SSS Pulsars (local cars sucked, imprted had better interiors, seats, PW, bodykit etc) So wouldnt be surprised if Nissan had an Australian version of V-Spec, ie watered down :)

Haha...like all other v specs before it Nissan will build say 2000 units....but no need for stress, within 5yrs there will be twentytwelvekajillion used ones for sale and all genuine V specs :) !!! Honest

lol, 2000 units my bottom. I would say at least half of all R34 GTRs I have ever seen (and I've seen plenty go through auctions) were V-Spec, or V-Spec II or V-Spec II NUR etc. same goes for R33s, I would as many V-specs as non-vspecs.

theres one in western australia now lols.. GG
Haha...like all other v specs before it Nissan will build say 2000 units....but no need for stress, within 5yrs there will be twentytwelvekajillion used ones for sale and all genuine V specs :worship: !!! Honest

Jeeeezuuz, I was young once but never that T.H.I.C.K!

lol, 2000 units my bottom. I would say at least half of all R34 GTRs I have ever seen (and I've seen plenty go through auctions) were V-Spec, or V-Spec II or V-Spec II NUR etc. same goes for R33s, I would as many V-specs as non-vspecs.

Agreed mate. I was looking at the production numbers for the R34 not long ago and they made a fair few more V-Specs than non V-spec cars. Perhaps double as much as double.

Yes. Nissan produced far less non V-Spec R34 GTR's than the combined V-Spec, V-Spec II, M-Spec, Nur models.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All

Found this on Auto Express

"

Thought the Nissan GT-R was already too hot to handle? Think again! Not content with the standard car’s blistering performance, the Japanese firm is developing a mighty V-Spec flagship – and we have all the details.

While the standard GT-R produces 473bhp, the range-topper is tipped to deliver a huge 550bhp from its twin-turbo 3.8-litre V6. The 16 per cent power boost will be matched by a substantial 150kg weight reduction to make the V-Spec one of the most hardcore supercars on the planet.

And the modifications won’t stop with performance upgrades – the body will get an aerodynamic make-over, too. Our picture shows how efficient the standard car is at slicing through the air, and a wild bodykit complete with side skirts and splitter will give the V-Spec maximum downforce at high speeds. Inside, the cabin will be stripped out to help reduce weight, but the dash-mounted touchscreen will remain. In fact, by the time the model arrives, the features available in the hi-tech system will be even more advanced, giving greater control of the set-up on the move.

Nissan has two very specific targets for the thrilling newcomer. Firstly, its engineers are desperate to complete a lap at Germany’s Nürburgring in less than seven minutes and 25 seconds, to take the circuit record.

And they are also keen to topple Porsche’s 911 GT2 and GT3 from the top of performance trackday wish lists. But the extra pace won’t come cheap. The GT-R is set to cost around £55,000 when it goes on sale in the UK in March 2009, and the V-Spec will add £20,000-plus to that. It will join the range before the end of next year"

Holy moly :happy: thats quick. Just hope it lives up to what is tipped