SAU Community

R35 Gt-r V-spec Thread

GT51R

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That question usually starts a shit fight about that was a race-car, i.e. Nissan and their dodgy R33 GTR; or it wasn't a full-lap (ie. only from the toll entry/exit points) etc etc. Some are independent tests, magazines getting over excited, and so on.

Have a looksie at the wiki article: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nordschleife_fastest_lap_times and make up your own mind.

I just want to see it on TopGear with Stig behind the wheel.

the face of that Porsche is very intimidating, f**ken just happily smiling, i really hope Nissan bring out something serious and i dont think the rsr can be considered as a road car. :S

i wont be surprise if Porsche does come out on top with this war, the first ever r35gtr to be imported (Europe) was sent to Stuttgart to the porsche factory engineers for a thorough examination.

i love nissan head engineer statement though "why ask why our cars so are cheap, why not ask why our competitors cars are soo expensive"

Edited by philta

R35 spotted in emissions testing lab in Melbourne... I wonder why a GT-R would be getting emissions tested? :)

hehe yeah mate we already knew that from the R35 in Melbourne thread.

It will be the first GTR on the roads here shortly.

So who holds the current record ?

Pagani Zonda F Clubsport650 PS/1230 kg2007-09Semi-wet conditions.Thats the fastest full unmodified road car that I could find. I've got the article in an EVO mag lying around here somewhere. Pagani borrowed it from a customer so it wasnt a factory prepped car. He made them increase the ride height so it didnt scrape too badly, then they had to wait until the guys testing before them finished (it was almost dark) then tried to do 3 laps (practice/warm up, record, 2nd record attempt). They took the record on the first run, though the second was looking faster again (by about 4 seconds) but they called it due to failing light. Hope that helps

Pagani Zonda F Clubsport650 PS/1230 kg2007-09Semi-wet conditions.Thats the fastest full unmodified road car that I could find. I've got the article in an EVO mag lying around here somewhere. Pagani borrowed it from a customer so it wasnt a factory prepped car. He made them increase the ride height so it didnt scrape too badly, then they had to wait until the guys testing before them finished (it was almost dark) then tried to do 3 laps (practice/warm up, record, 2nd record attempt). They took the record on the first run, though the second was looking faster again (by about 4 seconds) but they called it due to failing light. Hope that helps

Thanks for the heads up.. pfft Zonda like Honda but with a Z lol

• 3 weeks later...

f*k...who cares...im sure there are people that have better things to do than check the forums everyday for updated information...that repost quote really gives me the shits....the guys just trying to share some info that some may or may not have seen...