SAU Community

Stagea Exhaust

chef_stagea

if your looking for an aftermarket option then you should try a well known exhaust place and they will be able to point you in the right direction mate....

ive heard s13 exhaust shoul bolt on you just have to relocate the mounts

You sure?? There seems to be alot more wheelbase on the stageas than a S13........

Maybe just buy a muffler and get it fitted up with custom pipework at Exhaust Tech or something

This has been mentioned a few times, but also make sure you get 2 mufflers to reduce cabin drone instead of 1 muff 1 hotdog or whatever.

Interested to see what you get as i'm in the same boat but don't wanna spend 1k+ for a jap one.

Edited by webng

mmmmm. where to start

ok.

Just Jap sell a bellmouth 3inch stainless steel turbo-to-cat pipe for $220 delivered roughly. get that.

get a high flow cat converter

for the rear, I believe a R33 4door cat-back system will fit BUT it will need around 30cm welded on in length.

you do NOT need 2 mufflers.

A nice 3" straight through muffler (i use a Kakimoto gtr-racing muffler) is fine, best just to get an exhaust shop to fit the front section, measure the back section and then custom bend the pipe section from cat converter to muffler, welding the muffler on for you.

easy.

• 2 weeks later...

i got a quote from everlast mufflers for a complete system, dump pipe, (bolted strait to the turbo) apparently theres some type that bolts onto the stock pipe :S. high flow cat. and the bak has 3 inch mandrell bent stainless steel with a cannon for $1600. he said he could do a 1200 one using cheaper metals and lower qaulity cat. and if i wanted i could mix and match... what do you guys think of this :S is it just me or is it fu*kn expensive?

well i have a split dump, highflow cat and 3.5" Greddy cat back system and i paid roughly the same price from memory......if your going for an aftermarket option then definatly worth spending the extra on a good quality metal pipes mate....its a good upgrade and highly recommend a good quality system...i have had it for a couple of years now and its given me no problems at all....apparently D&T and AAA exhausts are very good with prices and quality workmanship....AAA recently gave my mate a quote on using stainless steel from turbo back $1200

for the rear, I believe a R33 4door cat-back system will fit BUT it will need around 30cm welded on in length.

you do NOT need 2 mufflers.

I've got an R33 system (twin cannons) about to be fitted to my Stag. I'll take note of any changes/problems and give you guys an accurate account of how it fits.

BTW I'll be throwing on a muffler between the cat and cannons to quieten her down. :D

AAA recently gave my mate a quote on using stainless steel from turbo back $1200

Don't forget, there are different grades of stainless steel.

Some SS systems can still rust easily.

:D

i got a quote from everlast mufflers for a complete system, dump pipe, (bolted strait to the turbo) apparently theres some type that bolts onto the stock pipe :S. high flow cat. and the bak has 3 inch mandrell bent stainless steel with a cannon for $1600. he said he could do a 1200 one using cheaper metals and lower qaulity cat. and if i wanted i could mix and match... what do you guys think of this :S is it just me or is it fu*kn expensive?

Demand and supply.

Lots of people want exhaust work and are willing to pay what the shops ask.

go to exhuast technologies and speak to marky, he is good with prices and everyone knows his shop and product, highly rated and great quality, or D&T at salisbury and speak to gav, he is the person to talk to bout import exhuast systems.