SAU Community

How Many Kms Are Everyone Getting Out Of Their V35

what kind of driving do you do?

i do 95% city driving at the moment giving it a fair workout around my area and get 400-500 as a usual tank

take it out on the highway and watch that open up to >700 in a tank

City and little bit of highway driving

Isnt it about a 75litre tank?

I get 600ish highway driving.

400 seems excessive.

Yeh thats what i thought......

Full = Projected full tank? I would get about 580-600+ city driving all the time. No mods. Doesn't matter how hard I drive it. I have a GT-8.

We discussed it here:

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/V3...my-t174972.html

and here

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/V3...my-t174721.html

If you get 400KM only then start looking at servicing bits. AFM, Sparks, O2 sensors.

I've done a proper calculation a few times now.

method was fill up car, reset km's. At the next fill up note, how many k's passed and how many litres i put in to get me to full. results are

1) 441km - 53L = 599km's per tank

2) 442km - 51L = 624km's per tank

3) 444km - 54L = 592km's per tank

4) 410km - 50L = 590km's per tank

Based on the above, if the tank size is 72L (pretty sure) I'm getting approx 600km's per tank. (e.g 441/53*72)

If the tank size is more, I get more k's. And thats bumper to bumper Sydney traffic 5 days a week, 1.5hrs each way each day.

Don't look at when the light goes on to fill up or when your needle hits a quarter etc, as these cars and 350z's are notorious for the fuel guage showing crap.

Try the above, gives you a real idea of how many k's you're getting.

good thinking bobby..

now that you mention it, i always fill up at about 1/8 full, and have never realyl taken into account what fuel was left + reserve and how that could contribute to the kms given on a tank

now if only i could be bothered recording / calculating...

good thinking bobby..

now that you mention it, i always fill up at about 1/8 full, and have never realyl taken into account what fuel was left + reserve and how that could contribute to the kms given on a tank

now if only i could be bothered recording / calculating...

:-)

just note it in a message on your phone.

I'm not normally that anal about these things, but my auto coupe had the Nav system which showed fuel consumption etc, and the manual I have now doesn't. The guage on the manual was telling a very different story to what the auto trip computer was showing so I wanted to check for myself. Also if my guage ever fails I know how far i can go :-)

Both the coupe and sedan have an 80L tank capacity.

I took my first long highway drive today filled up my tank, reset the odo..according to the fuel computer...managed an average of 9.2km per L. At the end of the trip it told me I had 490kms left and I had done approximately 260kms...so thats approximately 750kms! :D

1) 441km - 53L = 599km's per tank

2) 442km - 51L = 624km's per tank

3) 444km - 54L = 592km's per tank

4) 410km - 50L = 590km's per tank

My mileage is about similar to yours with the Z33.

Both the coupe and sedan have an 80L tank capacity.

I took my first long highway drive today filled up my tank, reset the odo..according to the fuel computer...managed an average of 9.2km per L. At the end of the trip it told me I had 490kms left and I had done approximately 260kms...so thats approximately 750kms! :D

LOL goes to show how much you know dude. No one here has managed to fit 80l into their car... ive driven on the light for 80kms and still only managed 72l in - and that was with fuel pissing out the filler.

And you cant say 490 + the estimate - do a real world test :P

I was getting about 520-580 in my coupe and now im down to 450 with a supercharger :(

JK

LOL goes to show how much you know dude. No one here has managed to fit 80l into their car... ive driven on the light for 80kms and still only managed 72l in - and that was with fuel pissing out the filler.

And you cant say 490 + the estimate - do a real world test :D

I was getting about 520-580 in my coupe and now im down to 450 with a supercharger :P

JK

Every single spec sheet I've ever seen for the V35 specifies an 80L tank. Remember that the fuel light is usually pretty pessimistic, running out of fuel can do all sorts of ugly things to the fuel system so the lights are usually set to come on very early.

Everyone, please quote L/km or L/100km, km per tank is meaningless as everyone has a different idea of when to fill up.

My 250GT does 9L/100km on the open road and 11L/100km round town.

And you cant say 490 + the estimate - do a real world test :D

I was getting about 520-580 in my coupe and now im down to 450 with a supercharger :P

JK

If you filled up with 72L means that there is approx 8L left in your tank dude. No one will ever manage to fill 80L unless you run your car bone dry till its empty.

My quotes were approximates only and based on the assumption that I would be travelling at 9km/L for the remainder of my fuel tank (which is highly unlikely). Technically thats what the fuel computer is used for...telling you approx how many KMS you have done and how many more you have to go.

I will be able to give you a more accurate reading after I fill up again the 2nd time taking into account how many Ls I top up and how many KMs I have travelled.

Can anyone can beat this?- just 4.3 litres left in the tank!

I had the Japanese girl telling me to fill up asap as soon as i turned the car on!post-21850-1205889777_thumb.jpg

Was that on purpose?

I've heard doing that can suck up the sludge in the bottom of your tank! Unless of course you run it dry before every fill.