SAU Community

Powercruise!

MicK51

Powercruise

Don't know if any of u guys have heard about this, i first saw it on the queensland raceway website when i was buying my tickets for the qld 300.

I've seen it being advertised on www.boostcruising.com (link to thread) and it looks like it could be a pretty awesome event, not cheap though, early bird tickets r $100! but that does enter u in everything but the dyno comp which is an extra $20.

What do u guys reckon? The early bird discount ends at the end of this month so i'm seriously thinking of buying a ticket real soon

Sounds good......how about we set up camp there Fri night

be a bit strange just cruising around a circuit,,,never done that before ( I can do without the smart*rse replys thank you mick51)

Hi again everyone

Powercruise update number 3

We have been working hard to get the Powercruise Guide done so everyone can see how it all happens. View the guide at www.powercruise.net . The guide basicly tells you everything you need to know about where to park, where to go if you’re an entrant or a camper and all about what the scrutineers will be looking for. There will also be a police presence at Powercruise and I have explained what their roll will be as well. So take the time to read it because it benefits everyone who attends the event.

You will also find in the menu section, details about 2 of the main events of Powercruise.

The Carline Mufflers Powercruise it’s self and the Burnout competition.

Both have been explained right down to what’s allowed and what’s not allowed and I think you will find that the relaxation of most of the silly rules have been addressed.

Details of the other events at Powercruise will be posted in the following weeks so stay tuned.

The sponsor list is getting longer every time I look at it. You can view the sponsors in the sponsors area at www.powercruise.net .

Chris Hollingworth is bringing his 1500 hp Blown Holden Commodore Ute to Powercruise to show off a little. He tells me that he would be pretty well invincible in the street drags. So I have set up a challenger for him in the way of Theo Woollett from Brisbane. Theo runs a 10 second skyline and he tells me if he can keep the engine off the rev limiter, he won’t have any trouble hosing the commodore ute over the 1/8th mile. Especially because there will be no warming of the tyres allowed so getting all that power to the ground from the commodore could be interesting to watch. This will only be a display and Chris Hollingworth will not be allowed to enter the events because his car is not registered. But he does have public liability so he will be allowed to cruise the track. So if your thinking of cruising the track and have always wanted to see how the big horsepower cars go on the street, here is your chance as Chris will be out cruising the track looking for some prospective ass to kick.

There are 6 days left for you to take advantage of the $100 pre entry for entrants. This price includes 2 people. 1 entrant and 1 season pass. And if you know how to use a calculator, you will see the value in this for sure.

More event details will be released next week so keep an eye on the updates.

The gates will open on Friday the 31st of October at about 3pm so for the earlybirds, you can get your car scrutineered, get your camping gear all set, and settle back in front of the live band on Friday night ready for the Carline Mufflers Powercruise which will start at 9am sharp. Check out the powercruise guide to find all the info you need to get started.

Powercruise will only be accepting registered cars as entrants in the event. Some invited display cars will not have to be registered and they wont be elligable to enter into any events for any prizes/prize money.

These type of cars will be by invitation only so don’t show up in your UNregistered burnout or drag car and expect to be allowed into the event.

If you have any questions about anything at all, please send us an e-mail to [email protected] and we will call or e-mail you back asap. Or just call 0407172413

• 3 weeks later...

Hi everyone

Carline Mufflers Powercruise update number 4

I know its been a few weeks since the last update but there has been so much happening, I just didn’t have time to get my 2 fingers to the keyboard.

Ok now if you’ve been watching the website, www.powercruise.net. You will have noticed the event rules have been posted for the driving events. We’ve had so many calls asking if this is really happening, “are we really allowed to have passengers in the cruise and are we allowed to do powerskids, drift the whole track and are we allowed to use the whole track width and about 100 meters of the front straight as the burnout pad”.

Well I can tell you, the public liability issue is costing a fortune but the events were well thought out before we even made powercruise public and I would not have put the show on if we weren’t allowed to hold any of the events on the program.

As for the program. I have been holding back on it a little because I wanted to make sure it was jam packed before posting it on the site. Because of all the exciting things happening every week I have had to leave it open with regard to the entertainment but the events on the track will keep everyone busy. There will be a lot of surprises stuffed into the program during the event so you will just have to wait and see what they are, but believe me, you will be blown away with what we are planning.

The Carline Mufflers Powercruise is of course the main attraction of the event. This gives entrants the chance to cruise the track just like you would cruising down the M1 on a Saturday night. The only difference though is you are allowed and may I say, expected to play up to the crowd and to get you more excited, I have invited a few of the tougher cars from Brisbane and the Gold Coast for you to play with.

For the rotary guys, the 9 second turbo rotary powered rx2 going by the name “Grumpy 2”, will be cruising the track, also cruising will be the big red 8 second 505 cube Nitrous injected big block XB hardtop of Rob Bertolacci’s, Tony O’Connor will be cruising his yellow 9 second naturally aspirated XY falcon, and for the import guys, Mark Kaucic will have his 10 second “On Bail” Skyline cruising looking for unwary cruisers to toast.

All of these cars are street registered but seeing how I have invited them to put on displays, they will be allowed to participate in the events but won’t be eligible for prizes.

There will be a lot more cars of this caliber cruising the track so get your machine running at its best because you will need all the horsepower you can get to hang with these guys. Visit the accepted entries section of www.powercruise.net to see these cars.

Now for the big news.

If Gary Myers is the burnout king of the world, then the guy I have secured must surely be the “burnout god of the universe”

He will be cruising the race track with the entrants. Demonstrating the art of burnouts. He will even drop a few powerskids here and there

He may even show us his drifting style if the crowd can encourage him enough, but if not, his son surely will.

Now if you think you know who I am talking about, you could win yourself a free season pass to Powercruise.

For the first 5 people to reply e-mail me who it is that fits this description, I will send you one free season pass to Carline Mufflers Powercruise. The winners will be notified and published in the next edition of the powercruise newsletter, which will be sent out on Friday 22 August I will also let everyone know the identity of the “burnout god of the universe”.

Getting away from the horsepower for a minute, car stereo’s are always a huge part of any car show and with that in mind, Gold Coast Car Sound have offered their professional services in measuring the performance of the chest thumping car audio systems at powercruise.

GCCS will be holding the soundoff comp in the main show area from 9am Sunday. If you have any enquiries, you can go to http://www.powercruise.net/sponsors.html and click on the GCCS logo to visit their site for their contact details.

You will have realized by now that Powercruise will be unlike any other car show. I am a petrol head to the bone and I intend to make this show the toughest and most exciting event you have ever been to.

Just a few quick points,

All prepaid entrants will be sent a letter confirming their payment has been received and info regarding their entrance to powercruise

Your cars must be registered. Trade plates are not allowed to be used.

The gates will open at 5pm Friday 31 October for entrants and campers to setup.

The program will be added to the website on Monday

That’s it for this edition, keep an eye on www.powercruise.net for all the latest info.

Don’t forget to tell all your mates and forward this e-mail to as many people as you can. The most forwarded newsletter was number 3 which was done 43 times and then it came back to me so keep up the good work everyone.

All enquiries please to 0407172413

Cheers