What Makes A Skyline Ugly?

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

crazy multi coloured flashing neons, from under the car on a hills run

in a 31 wagon

yes it has happened, yes i pulled over, and gave a new meaning to "lol"

And btw if you want to see ugly skyline go to any chinese area.. fkn ricer riced it up so badly you can't even tell what the fk it looks like..

What is a Chinese area?

Abit racist are we Fido?

I reckon GTR wanna be's are the worst!

Edited by GT888

What is a Chinese area?

Last time I checked, mainland china have pretty much no sports cars at all.

Mainly a bunch everyday china brand sedans & a bunch of BMW & Mercedes around, as they are seen as the ultimate "rich man's" car.

This coming from someone that drives a S13.....one of the ugliest cars ever made by nissan lol.

I say the ugliest car made by Nissan would be that pink Micra show on top gear :D

Edited by Mayuri Krab

Well I agree on veilside kits (not everything the japs do to their cars appeals to my gaijin tastes), any non jap rims (though one notable exception is ROH Modenas on a HR31, thought they suited perfectly), crappy offset + narrow rim of any type especially in chrome

Wide body kits with said cheap crappy rims so there's a massive wide kid hanging out looking ridiculous with nothing to fill the guards lol.

Inappropriate stickers for the car (yeah i'm looking at the people who put Jetpilot stickers on everything they own).

Resprays in colours that really don't suit, i.e pastels, e.g there's a sky blue R33 GTS-T done in sky blue with a gay aftermarket bonnet, GT-R badge and stockies on the rear getting around here, what a vomitorium.

Skylines that are dumped on their arses, R31 look ok, but JDM 'lines look retarded.

Stock R33 wheels look like they were lifted from a Maxima or something.

Clear tail lights, hell naw!!!

Neons or any miscellaneous rice shit.

Autobarn branded seats/gauges/boost controllers/turbo timers/gear knobs etc, makes you look like you're a tight arse + questionable quality in many of their parts.

Special mention goes to my best mate, who after seeing another mate paint the bootlid of his Cefiro drift pig in matt black, decided to do the same on the bonnet his HR-31 with $2 spray paint from cheap as chips. I've attached a pic, and yeah the patchy bits are the paint coming off back to the white lol. His current excuse is "I'm just going to respray the whole car" lol.

58481343614481337671181.jpg

Well in my opinion, 32gtst's and 33gtst's dont really look good stock, but if you do the "first mods" everone does which are rims and bodykit, they look great. I got a 33 and all its got is rims, front bumper, and side skirts and a bit low lol so i like the way it looks.

now, what makes a Skyline ugly is those altezza lights, a wierd colour, chrome rims Vielside bodykits on a r33 :D , neons and a hoon driving it.

any non jap rims (though one notable exception is ROH Modenas on a HR31, thought they suited perfectly), crappy offset + narrow rim of any type especially in chrome

I found many local rims look pretty decent on skylines & they cost 1/2 or less compared to the JDM ones. Like for my ones, I just wanted some black 5 spoke rims & the ones I found at local shops looks great & similar to some of the expensive Jap stuff & I can't justify spending massive $$$ on rims for my everyday drive around Corolla skyline :(

Inappropriate stickers for the car (yeah i'm looking at the people who put Jetpilot stickers on everything they own).

You not gonna like my self made anime reference stickers then... :D

Chrome wheels, theres VIP chromes, cruiser chromes, then sports looking chromes. Neither the first two look any good at all on a skyline, R34 might get away with Sports Chromes, R32 looks dogs balls with any chromes and if you put chromes on a stock r33 you just look like a douche, buy a bmw or a lexus if you wanna put chromes on.

LED tail lights, not into them, skylines arnt new audis or holden clubsports. Buy an audi or a (holden)

Those discusting chequer plate floor matts in a shiny colour, ew!

Flares, like what goes on an old KE corolla or torana. Ew!

Mufflers with the 90 degree bend into the ground on the tip. Yuck! Its not a rotor

GTR badges, why do it, a good r32 gtst is worth what $4000 less than the average R32 GTR? SAVE UP!!!

Eyelids on headlights that arnt the same colour as the bonnet! Or even better are just Black tape, HMMM

Front bumpers that have a massive cut out for the Front mount. Just looks dingy, cheap! Atleast keep the bottom lip!

Brake calipers painted in $5 paint that starts peeling after the first drive and looks matt

Stickers everywhere, not even JDM stickers, unless your sponsered by HKS dont plaster them all over your car!

Lastly on my first ever rant here. Dont buy a skyline if you intend on making it look 'pretty' you will just look GAY. They are tough cars, made to look fast not like theyre ment to be some kind of car 'lollie'?

I can't reconcile with 99% of aussie rims fitted to Skylines - they are half the price because they are all cast rather than forged rims and usually made in china. The other thing is that usually they are narrow wheels with crappy offsets. I'd rather drive around on standard rims than anything that Bob Jane / Tempe Tyres etc sell. Its like how a Commodore would look ridiculous with Ray's wheels.

Anime stickers I could live with, but shopping lists from Autobarn on the front quarters, watersport brands / alcohol brand stickers = gay.

Owners! Its the owners that make skylines ugly.

Most skylines with the exception of the arse ugly 34 4 door are quite good looking GT cars. Then along comes retards like spunky monkey and f**ks the way they look completely by putting good for nothing crap like porcupine quills on the roof and shit like that.

I like a stock look with minor mods like some nice wheels, maybe a touch lower then normal and just things that make the car look clean. Not fast or fully sick, just clean

if my car had a series 2 front and nismo lip id be well and truly happy with how it looks, the S1 front just bugs me lol but in saying that its not that bad

I have a GTR wing on my GTST but it came like that and as far as im concerned it looks better then any of the other wings that nissan offered for the 33 or no spoiler at all... The stealth wings... there alright but I'd rather the GTR wing.

But i can see this turning into a sh!t fight cause everyone has diferent opinions... that blue one posted a page or 2 back but... we probably can all agree that sucks :down:

thing that annoys me about it but is that if he didnt have th chrome tail lights and gtr badges at the back it would probably look pretty nice (back only) cause of the smooth boot,

Chrome wheels, theres VIP chromes, cruiser chromes, then sports looking chromes. Neither the first two look any good at all on a skyline, R34 might get away with Sports Chromes, R32 looks dogs balls with any chromes and if you put chromes on a stock r33 you just look like a douche, buy a bmw or a lexus if you wanna put chromes on.

LED tail lights, not into them, skylines arnt new audis or holden clubsports. Buy an audi or a (holden)

Those discusting chequer plate floor matts in a shiny colour, ew!

Flares, like what goes on an old KE corolla or torana. Ew!

Mufflers with the 90 degree bend into the ground on the tip. Yuck! Its not a rotor

GTR badges, why do it, a good r32 gtst is worth what $4000 less than the average R32 GTR? SAVE UP!!!

Eyelids on headlights that arnt the same colour as the bonnet! Or even better are just Black tape, HMMM

Front bumpers that have a massive cut out for the Front mount. Just looks dingy, cheap! Atleast keep the bottom lip!

Brake calipers painted in $5 paint that starts peeling after the first drive and looks matt

Stickers everywhere, not even JDM stickers, unless your sponsered by HKS dont plaster them all over your car!

Lastly on my first ever rant here. Dont buy a skyline if you intend on making it look 'pretty' you will just look GAY. They are tough cars, made to look fast not like theyre ment to be some kind of car 'lollie'?

Sif!

Looks fcuking tuff on a KE70 and AE71 Rolla.

With a lowered ride hight, wide wheels and a decent camber, it will make a nice drifter.

:down:

Haha, sorry I was meaning skylines dont suit them, ive seen a couple 33s with those type flares, and Ive even seen a 32 with flares on the rears only. Rude!

Rollas and Rotas suit them. Otherwise, poooie

Ah ok I get what your saying now! Haha!

Yeah you gota pull the flares off right, other wise looks tacky but its better for Skylines just to roll the guard lips / or just roll the guards.

:P

thats right. a bored driver that spends too much time in supercheap / autobarn / repco.

ive got an urge to post up some hideous cars from this forum. but i wont.

Edited by Munkyb0y