SAU Community

What Makes A Skyline Ugly?

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is clearly about individual preference, no one can be just"mainstream" and go for the race look. Every one has their own opinions and tastes, this is what makes us individuals, the thing i dont get is why you get looked down upon if you do have chromes? So what .. the bloke loves his bling .. in his eyes he has bought rims for his car that HE thinks looks nice. Im not saying they are really friggin' good, but then coming onto the forums and posting it up, then getting flamed to the shithouse makes the driver feel a lil' "unwanted" and makes them feel like an outsider.

So whatever the mod, a skyline is a skyline. Whoever has their own opinion on what it SHOULD look like, keep it as an opinion and not a generalisation of what it should be.

I might just be 17, but i just wanted to get my point across.

One of my opinions is, a god damn monster tacho sitting in the wrong position with multi coloured backgrounds on a skyline would look really eww in my opinion.

Nicely said there young fella :)

This is clearly about individual preference, no one can be just"mainstream" and go for the race look. Every one has their own opinions and tastes, this is what makes us individuals, the thing i dont get is why you get looked down upon if you do have chromes? So what .. the bloke loves his bling .. in his eyes he has bought rims for his car that HE thinks looks nice. Im not saying they are really friggin' good, but then coming onto the forums and posting it up, then getting flamed to the shithouse makes the driver feel a lil' "unwanted" and makes them feel like an outsider.

So whatever the mod, a skyline is a skyline. Whoever has their own opinion on what it SHOULD look like, keep it as an opinion and not a generalisation of what it should be.

I might just be 17, but i just wanted to get my point across.

One of my opinions is, a god damn monster tacho sitting in the wrong position with multi coloured backgrounds on a skyline would look really eww in my opinion.

err... no this isn't a democracy buddy... this is SAU! :)

Nissan made the Skyline and the Silvia as part of their sporty lineup.

Skyline is the masculine car, Silvia is feminine.

Therefore the Skyline must be modified with this in mind. Putting feminine sh!t on it like chrome wheels, bling lighting, pumping Backstreet Boys (with lyrics like "oh girlll" :) ), kits that soften the tough body lines, whistling BOV's- all deride the masculine qualities of the Skyline.

I'm not sexist and i reckon women can own whatever car they can afford, but it looks more natural to see a lady in a Silvia rather than a Skyline IMHO.

Edited by R338OY

this one that's near my g/f's old work.... so GHEY i needed photograpic evidence!

basically everything on this car... the only thing it needs is full face chrome dinnerplates

02012008at1.jpg

02012008001ba8.jpg

That be Roger Coridas next car right there. :laughing-smiley-014:

Can't stand frangipani's or butterfly stickers or girly stickers..

They're supposed to look mean/tough.. girly things ruin the overall look..

I agree about the chromies.. and ugly air brushing/paint jobs.

Oh oh and I bollocksing hate the backstreet boys..

I think that its hard to point to specific things (apart from the usual +50 offset chromies, or cheap kits) but evevyone knows when they spot a really tough car. The owner just gets a whole host of options right and the cra just works.

Personally I'm a fan of the understated look. Stock bodywork but with nice big 18's to fill the guards.

Ponies before chromies!

Nissan made the Skyline and the Silvia as part of their sporty lineup.

Skyline is the masculine car, Silvia is feminine.

Therefore the Skyline must be modified with this in mind. Putting feminine sh!t on it like chrome wheels, bling lighting, pumping Backstreet Boys (with lyrics like "oh girlll" :whistling: ), kits that soften the tough body lines, whistling BOV's- all deride the masculine qualities of the Skyline.

I'm not sexist and i reckon women can own whatever car they can afford, but it looks more natural to see a lady in a Silvia rather than a Skyline IMHO.

Totally off topic but a hottie in a line is a sight for sore eyes!! Anyone seen the white 33 with plates "cuddles" WOW!

err... no this isn't a democracy buddy... this is SAU! :)

SAU from what i see is a forum where people come to meet and greet, and help eac

other out and provide OPINIONS and allow topics to come up for OPEN DISCUSSION.

"Definitions of forum on the Web:

-a public meeting or assembly for open discussion

-a public facility to meet for open discussion"

:thumbsup: . 

MR_XTC 

this one that's near my g/f's old work.... so GHEY i needed photograpic evidence!

basically everything on this car... the only thing it needs is full face chrome dinnerplates

02012008at1.jpg

02012008001ba8.jpg

Mardi Gras called...

they want their main float back.

What makes a skyline ugly? 90% of the time it's the person in the driver seat :thumbsup::)

skyline_41.jpg

That is soo cool!!

the sounds that come our of it ie the persons music tastes....

- a completely stock car

- stock rims

& P plates....

-Some people dont have enough money to modify their cars yet, or simply dont see the need to, which is most people. I'm in the first vote, I get paid shit all, but I am trying my best

-See above

-Do you think we like wearing P-plates? If I had the choice, I'd take them off, but I dont want to run the risk of being caught without them. Its a $2000 fine here in WA I think.

02012008at1.jpg

02012008001ba8.jpg

There are ricers, then there is that thing!! That is so ugly!! Whats with the eggsadurated bonnet? Or the centralised GT-R badge!! Thats the worst thing, the f*ucking GT-R badge. ITS NOT A F*CKING GT-R!!!!

Interior looks ok though. Looks like it has 5-stud hubs, so possibly turbo?

Can we change the plates from:

WBF - 185 to

WTF - 18S (seconds...)

:(

Some 747 boeing airplane must be missing a part that seems to be on the front of that blue skyline.

But seriously 20" chromies, clear tail lights and people with subwoofers listening to there techno loud, I mean shit, its just embarrassing.