SAU Community

Nissan's On The Hunt For Grey Importers

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lol, I would love to, but I'm a law abiding citizen and our old mate DOTARS Insider told me no one can legally drive an R35 GTR on australian roads unless your name is colin buckley, or his second in command, this bloke who's name escapes me.

Will provide tow truck, trade plate and valid reason to park outside Nissan HQ ("sorry tow truck broke down... problem with the tilt tray, need to unload car to check for safety") for furtherment of Beer Bizzles pimp hand smackage of Colin Buckley.

I once got rejected by Nissan Spares in ACT (Belconnen) for a head gasket for an RB26 because I couldn't give them a chassis number for a Nissan Oz supplied car. Because it was for a grey import they thought we were just criminals destroying the prestige of the GTR.

Nissan Australia cant afford to jump down grey importers necks like that.

The Vehicle has now been out for a couple of months and has been priced etc.

There are many people, who arent on or dont participate in Forums etc that are also keenly waiting the new GTR and have money to buy. My uncle is one of those people who are keen. We went to the motorshow, seen the GTR there, not a soul from Nissan could answer his questions. If your planning on selling a 100,000 dollar + car and you have displayed it, you SHOULD know about it. Many potential buyers have had high end european sports cars and the lack of information from Nissan is not helping - not only do most of these buyers have hestitation to buying the vehicle due to it being highly priced and Japanese, but the fact no one knows waiting times, prices etc.

Were all sick of reading and watching reviews on the car, we want to see it here now. What I cant understand is why couldnt nissan get these approvals they need to bring the car here prior to release. Can anyone tell me how much longer it takes say a New maxima/pulsar/tida to get here after they have been released in Japan?

By the time nissan gets the Vehicles here, most people will be reluctant to buy a 2 year old car for the asking price.

Edited by Starionturbo

I once got rejected by Nissan Spares in ACT (Belconnen) for a head gasket for an RB26 because I couldn't give them a chassis number for a Nissan Oz supplied car. Because it was for a grey import they thought we were just criminals destroying the prestige of the GTR.

:P

That's ridiculous! "Oh no, we can't give this bloke a head gasket, cause if his RB26 works then he'll make Oz delivered GTR's look bad. Argh!"

What a load of BS :(

Nissan Australia cant afford to jump down grey importers necks like that.

The Vehicle has now been out for a couple of months and has been priced etc.

There are many people, who arent on or dont participate in Forums etc that are also keenly waiting the new GTR and have money to buy. My uncle is one of those people who are keen. We went to the motorshow, seen the GTR there, not a soul from Nissan could answer his questions. If your planning on selling a 100,000 dollar + car and you have displayed it, you SHOULD know about it. Many potential buyers have had high end european sports cars and the lack of information from Nissan is not helping - not only do most of these buyers have hestitation to buying the vehicle due to it being highly priced and Japanese, but the fact no one knows waiting times, prices etc.

Were all sick of reading and watching reviews on the car, we want to see it here now. What I cant understand is why couldnt nissan get these approvals they need to bring the car here prior to release. Can anyone tell me how much longer it takes say a New maxima/pulsar/tida to get here after they have been released in Japan?

By the time nissan gets the Vehicles here, most people will be reluctant to buy a 2 year old car for the asking price.

Exactly! Nissan seem to either be fumbling on purpose (perhaps Nissan Japan's bigwigs are delaying it intentionally) or they are just really pathetic at selling supercars.

A 2 year wait for a Ferrari F430- yes fair enough- but not on a new Jap upper-end sports coupe.

Aussie buyers will need a little convincing why they should buy a Nissan and look cheap in front of their mates with Porsches and Ferrari's at the local golf course. Being so vague will lose business. If Nissan Oz were as onto it as they were elsewhere there'd be a heap more sales coming their way.

Yes, our market is miniscule compared to Japan, Britain and America- but with this car they need to sell as many as possible to recoup the cash they'll LOSE on producing and exporting this car.

Exactly. As has been said elsewhere, Nissan's main revenue stream from the R35 GTR will not come from the sale of the cars, but the subsequent servicing. It's no secret that this is how many similar companies operate.

Not really sure what their problem is ..

So is there any way they can really stop us buying a grey r35 gtr? I mean its the better car it seems and we can have it NOW for less they nissan aus plans on selling it for anyway.

Colin Buckley You are a TOSSER.

NISSAN AUSTRALIA are TOSSERS

They couldnt fix a 350GT, they have no hope with the new GTR, oh and for future refrence to NISSAN dealerships- 350GT's are not R35 GTR's ....cocksmockers

At the end of the day reguardless of if its bought here or over seas...

Nissan Japan the parent company gets the money and that drives their share prices and hence they win...

Its not like two blokes in a back shed are trying to rip off buyers with a "copy" car, so Nissan Australia will have little defence against grey imports.

If they tried anything too serious Nissan Japan would spank the for turning the Nissan brand into mud in the Australian market.

They can be as angry as they like, but little can be done to cease importing of these cars. All they will do in the process is dirty their own image within the already over crouded market.

That is if this email/internal document is even true to begin with, as it sounds a little far fetched to me...

The main problem is that nissan australia most certainly do have the power to stop anyone being able to legally import AND register and r35, unless they go by importing it by the personal vehicle means, wherby you have to live overseas and own the car for 1 year before you bring it over.

This is an area where nissan oz. has got to becarefull is that, the car has been launch OS and it should be here ASAP In the old day manufacturer took their time to develope car, but in this day and age, the euros are take 4 years to develope a new model. By the time the GTR gets here Porsche-Ferrari-Audi-Merc-Merc will be busting our shore with new models and newr technology. 2009. it will lop in here at the same time as The all new RS6 V10 twin turbo, Possible a new and better Caymen S, Revised AM V8 and the new F450 is inly 12 or so months away, I dont even know what BMW and Mer has ion there line up, we're only talking euros here and what about other japanese makers.

So delaying it on our shores will only disadvatage the car and not make it anymore desirable than it already is. It's a Nissan not a Ferrari.

Nissan Oz. wake up to yourself.

I charge large corporation plenty for my advices and you're getting this for free, but in the end the "fringe dweller" have nothing to lose and less at stake than Nissan OZ. Keep your eyes on the ball as it doesnt come around often.

Wasn

You get what u pay for, So far it cost Nissan zip..

and I rarely peruse or rectify anything. Neither do I write much or put down charismatic words.

Edited by hungry6

i hope its verbally and not on paper coz the sentances in your post is shocking :thumbsup:

Believe me, Wayne is definately a very shrewd business man and definately knows his stuff......English isn't his first language, I think money was though :D

Colin Buckley You are a TOSSER.

NISSAN AUSTRALIA are TOSSERS

They couldnt fix a 350GT, they have no hope with the new GTR, oh and for future refrence to NISSAN dealerships- 350GT's are not R35 GTR's ....cocksmockers

lol,but unfortunatley for aussie skyline owners this is too true.

Looks like Collins days could be numbered if he stuffs up this godzilla launch (very unlikely)

11 months-!! :laughing-smiley-014: something in their system is very,very wrong....the V spec version will be released by then,and all the grey importers+'fringe dwellers' will be one up again!

We went to the motorshow, seen the GTR there, not a soul from Nissan could answer his questions. If your planning on selling a 100,000 dollar + car and you have displayed it, you SHOULD know about it.

Lack of experience, I'd say.

They probably don't get too many questions about Maximas and Tiidas aside from, "What colours does it come in?", "What's on the option's list?" and "Have you got anything more boring to drive?" so they're not used to questions from people shopping for a car rather than an appliance.

I woldn't mind a Nismo Tiida.....god that thing is one hot little hatch.

In fact, why the hell don't we get anything good from Japan.......Cedric, Gloria, President, V35.......Nissan makes some of the best large sedan cars and sports cars as well as some hot little hatches and all we have here are some crummy little base model Tiida and the sorry excuse called Maxima.