SAU Community

Nissan's On The Hunt For Grey Importers

dmac_25

I do it for the love mate. :) I just enjoy helping good folk out.

this one is for Russ and Mark. Sadly I'm too poor to have one in my garage :D

So i take it we will be seeing this one striped out in the near future nad worked off its tits like the 32 and now the 34

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah thats right... cuz they are only interested in customers buying their cars, not fixing them.

wrong.

stealerships make an absolutle packet out of servicing cars they've sold. especially when you factor in all those expensive 'genuine' fitlers and fluids....

for 150k I'd buy an ultima gtr...

cracka please- sif compare a 'built in a shed' Ultima to an R35. one's good for nothing but lapping circuits, and the other can do the daily grind easily and still be quicker than an Ultima :D

wrong.

stealerships make an absolutle packet out of servicing cars they've sold. especially when you factor in all those expensive 'genuine' fitlers and fluids....

Well at the moment you cant give away a new vehicle dealership in some states, this link is a mates workshop showing 3 service levels for V35 and 1 is generic filters with other 2 OEM, all different Motul oils so when you compare prices taking into affect parts and oil their isn't a lot of difference.

hi Dave

the new gtr will be caged & rally rego, & limited mods for now so i can play at targa & other events, will not stop us looking for power though and trying to find the limits of things like the drivetrain. :blink:

wrong.

I see...

Stealerships?

Point I was getting at is, one time I took a car in for a service and they didn't change my oil filter, I knew cuz I dated it on the filter and after the service it was still there. No Change. = Lazy / don't bother / forgot to do it, whatever.

So I take it to my local mechanic who does a lot better job and knows what he's doing. :D

hi Dave

the new gtr will be caged & rally rego, & limited mods for now so i can play at targa & other events, will not stop us looking for power though and trying to find the limits of things like the drivetrain. :D

This sounds very interesting i was watching the ignition dvd with the black 32 monster on it your car is the aim for what i want to be done to my gtr.

The driveline will hold up good like the earlier gtr's they are built pretty good to around the 500-600hp mark so i think that it will do fine with the mods for targa etc, you going to give dutton a bash in it or smash the competition in the 32.

As people know the R35 GTR has already had an issue with the gearbox and would of been an expensive exercise if all of the delivered GTR's had to be recalled, so for the people who think it isn't of concern to them be it GTR or not below is new recalls that have arisen only in the last 6 months, one US model car dates back to 1992 and they just found the issue.

As stated the cost to cover life of model is enough to put some workshops off complying them as New or under RAWS so this is something Nissan can keep for them self.

Bentley recalls over 13,000 continentals

Nissan recalling 16,000 SUVs for airbag issue

Porsche recalling 5,900 Cayennes for fuel line problem

VW recalls New Beetle Triple White for loose spoilers

Ex-head of Mitsubishi convicted for driver death in recall scandal

Porsche recalling 128 911 GT3s

Holden recalls 86,000 Zetas equipped with V6

GM recalling over 300,000 vehicles

Ferrari recalls 612 Scaglietti with F1 transmission

Honda recalling 34,300 Fits

Battery leakage hurts GM hybrid production

Mercedes-Benz USA recalling 9000 diesel models

Ford recalling 605,000 full-size trucks

Toyota halts 2008 Highlander sales as part of recall

Honda issues TSB for third-gear issue

Hyundai recalling nearly 400,000 Sonatas to check seat sensor

Ford to recall 1.2 million trucks, SUVs and vans

Toyota, GM recalling 660,000 vehicles for window defect

Toyota paying big bucks for bad Tacos

VW recalling all 410,000 Passats sold between 1999 and 2005

Wiring bug affects 181,000 Chrysler Sebrings and Dodge Avengers

207,542 Pontiacs and Buicks recalled due to engine fire fears

2008 Ford Super Duty's less than super seats being recalled

Chrysler recalls Jeep Grand Cherokee and Commander for stalling

10 million FORD's out there recalled for repair of a cruise control switch

Acura recalls 273,000 TLs due to fire fears

Ford recalling 470,000 Mustangs to tweak airbag software

Chrysler Pacifica being investigated by NHTSA for fires

Honda recalling 43,000 Acuras for power steering hose

Toyota recalling 15,600 Tundras for transmission shaft problems

NHTSA investigating GM SUV fires

Ford recalling 180,000 vans and SUVs for two issues

Saab 9-3 Aero investigated for loss of braking power

Volvo recalling 82,000 S40 and V50 models

Recalling the recall: Ford has more wiring harness issues

Toyota extends Sienna warranties even further

wrong.

cracka please- sif compare a 'built in a shed' Ultima to an R35. one's good for nothing but lapping circuits, and the other can do the daily grind easily and still be quicker than an Ultima :)

I don't know about a quicker lap but your correct about it being pretty much a track only car.. I seriously doubt you would be able to get one street legal in Aus.. but wouldn't it be awesome if you could!

For over 100k there are so many options I would explore before going solely for a gtr... sub 100k nothing would compare and I would be enamored / in love.

I picked one at random;

Up to 34,000 Honda Fits from 2007 and 2008 are being recalled for a faulty sensor that detects child seats or out-of-position passengers. In states that use road salt, the salt-infused water from melting snow on the driver's shoes can leak beneath the carpet and corrode the wires for the Occupant Detection System (ODS). Severing that connection means that the passenger's front and side airbags will go off even if a child is in the front seat.

Wow I am really worried :whistling:

Cheers

Gary

lol I think Colin Buckley and his vast intelligence gathering frenzy is a result of the dent we've made in his retirement plan.

I'm sure this forum and this thread will come to the attention of Colin at some point in time, so to him I say:

Keep in mind we are Skyline loyalists. You gave up on us in 1992, we never gave up on the GT-R or Nissan. We were left high and dry by a fickle minded unadventurous pack of retards that headed Nissan's management circles to our own devices. This is why we operate from the fringes.

Now that you have a new cash cow and see an opportunity to charge your customers $30,000 per car over its value in other similar markets, you are doing your level best to eliminate the competition. You don't care about the GT-R, its heritage, its fanbase or its legacy. Most "fringe dwellers" supply these cars as there is a demand for them from us enthusiasts, they don't sit around with their thumbs up their arses to release a car two years after the official launch in its country of origin.

You'd think Nissan Australia would work with us GT-R enthusiasts like they do in Japan, UK and the USA.

Again,

Well Said !!

Previous owner of Datsun 1600, 180B, 240K, Skyline 210, Skyline R30, Skyline Silhoette S1, R33 GTR as well as cars now on the left hand side

Cheers,

Terry

• 1 month later...
interesting how many real enthusiasts have posted in this thread in only 1 day, and some can afford to buy these cars new too

I think this time around Nissan Oz will sell everyone they bring in (not like last time when they had to send half of them back to japan because they could not sell them at any price). But still they treat their enthusiasts like idiots. They really have a lot to learn from Holden/HSV

That's why Duncan,

Nissan Australia is trying to establish the Infinity Luxury Brand again ! Big Joke :thumbsup:

As everybody that has posted on this thread, Nissan is really shooting blanks ,if they would get there heads out of there arses and import this GTR or other cars that are worth importing not that stupid Maxima !!!! Who are they kidding ! :(

And these threats , that's just childish behavior ! :D

Regards Mario :D

I dont write much as i mhappy to cruise through and read some interesting posts. but we all know that NissAus will be here reading this forum after all its the most intelligent thing to do really when gathering info and what the public really want not what you think the public should be getting.....

Anyway.....

Well done to the management team from Nissan Australia well of whatever is left of it really. I had the R35 on the list to buy from you as new! However after reading what is heavy handed tactics from upper management you've proven a point of an attempt at a heavy handed dictatorship or is it tall poppy syndrome. It amazes me that in such a forward country we have people that still want to take a persons business out at the knees. Before you ask i'm not a vehicle importer but am as much the enthusiast on cars as we all are be it a silvia to a datto 1600 to a E63 Merc fully kitted...

Nissan Aus, thanks but no thanks better to have that gut feel from now then after dropping some serious coin in the laps of your lemmings. I think the INTELLIGENT thing to do would be to visit the boys at Porsche and get back into a turbo 911 and maybe as a sider get me as you call it a fringe dwelled version of a R35GTR. We know that the fringe version will be more hi tech and have the Kw's than the watered down bundy and coke version you'll endeavour to bring in as a full compliance vehicle which will snowball into some half assed story about the lack of fuel quality etc etc in Australia when asked by a serious buyer. Amazing Subaru did the same with the STI's years ago yet I was fortunate to own a Type R from Japan and it ran a dream on premium. anyway sorry went on a tangent there but you all get the point...

Now I can see the plates on that Fringed vehicle. FRINGE or DWELLR.

Keep up the good posts gents and ladies. Ill go back into my little Fringe Dwelling and keep reading posts....

Edited by everge

Just read the entire thread.

I suggest SAU would be big enough to initiate an Australia wide boycotte of the Aus GTR :(

FRINGE FTW lol

There is an hour you wont get back would have taken you that long.

The 35 will be coming its currently sitting in head office as we speak went had a look at it last week

There is an hour you wont get back would have taken you that long.

Yeah i read it whilst eating dinner. I cooked my steak far to long so it took me about an hour of reading/gnawing to finish both :(

So i'd imagine not any old joe-blow working for nissan would of got the priveledge to preview the 35. So your pretty high in the ranks?

Jason

Edited by Housie

It seems unlikely to me that the so called 'fringe dwellers' bringing in R35 GTRs could possibly be eating into nissans australias future sales. Most of the grey R35s i have heard about aren t being brought in for joe average, they are promotional tools for workshops, import dealerships or race teams. My point is that, sure people are cashing in on nissan australias own inability to land a saleable car in australia, but demand for a 150k+ grey import with none of the dealer support usually available has got to be fairly limited. Meanwhile potential customers for a new nissan oz backed GTR in 2008 are hardly going to be holding their breath waiting for a watered down version to land here in two years time.

Edited by brent32

I can tell you this as per brent32 noted the people I know who have test cars here do not expect to sell and have no intention to sell an R35 GTR to the "Joe average" especially one who gets on the forums going off on some way out tangent without even knowing how business works in the real world.

Nissan are doing exactly what any other business would do in this day and age if given the chance be it McDonald's, Nike or even a RAW who wants a profitable business so people need to pull their head out of the sand and wake up as this is a fact of life not just a one off.

Their will more then likely no plates offered on the open market as demand will out strip what is available and it still might even turn into a giant shit fight with a lot of cheap R35 GTR race cars up for sale.

^^^ And that is precisely the reason why I didn't buy one for myself. I actually had the option of buying one as a test car (now there's a free compliance worth getting!) and worked out that if I sold all my current cars, I could probably swing it, but in the end, I have an extremely expensive car with a 50/50 shot at getting it on-road before Nissan bring out their local ones. Not a risk I was willing to take.