SAU Community

Scissor Doors

Godzi77a

wouldnt be that bad having em. i have heard of the 1s that can open upwards and traditional with thet same setup but i cant remember where i heard about em. ive always felt it looks better on cars that have the metal bracket for the window thingy if you know what im talking about cause it looks like transformers if you have your window down and door up in a skyline with the low slung doors i think there called.

just some food for thought someone i knew had em and was saying he felt they were a pain in the arse when he just wants to get going theres a bit of a limbo act involved as well & he gets soaked if its raining due to the fact you gota mess around lifting your door up while its raining to get in the car all the while its all getting in your car aswell. but if your like me your car dosnt know what rain is :)

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

just some food for thought someone i knew had em and was saying he felt they were a pain in the arse when he just wants to get going theres a bit of a limbo act involved as well & he gets soaked if its raining due to the fact you gota mess around lifting your door up while its raining to get in the car all the while its all getting in your car aswell.

yeah thats the problem.....they might look cool and all but eventually the novelty will wear off and you'll be stuck with something thats a hassle to use, that draws to much police attention and that cost a packet.

?? how would that work kisin??

im confuzed

i think he means actual normal doors..... maybe.....

Nah not normal doors. i dont know what type they are, but i clearly saw the guy (a number of times) open the same door on his car, few times vertically, few times normally (tight squeeze).

i went to autostyling (speed dreamz) JUST to check out how their doors are like... and as much as i hate to say this but they are quiet smooth to lift up and you can also open them normally (not to the full extent but close enough.. .. 1800 fitted.. but i dont really trust them with my car so.. >.<

i went to autostyling (speed dreamz) JUST to check out how their doors are like... and as much as i hate to say this but they are quiet smooth to lift up and you can also open them normally (not to the full extent but close enough.. .. 1800 fitted.. but i dont really trust them with my car so.. >.<

I wouldt trust them with my cars either, but thats the doors im talking about. Saw it on their 300c.

:laughing-smiley-014: - this comming from someone selling overpriced shoes that are "immense and definately an eye pleaser!" :laughing-smiley-014: :laughing-smiley-014:

Whats wrong with it coming from me - I'm selling them not wearing them. Who is it overpriced to? You or a tiesto fan looking to buy them but cant find them locally? I will sell them at any price I see fit :D

200 for a pair of shoe is normal.. and back to the doors.. i dont see why its riced when you can open them normal or upwards, and mayb youve upgrade your car to the standards YOU want it to be so whats wrong with scissor doors might aswel if your willing to spend the cash. =D thats what i think anyway.

Imagine having scissors and pulling into a maccas or pub carpark where there are about 20 blokes squashed in 3 falcodores or a bunch of hairy chrome domes on harleys. What sort of reception ya reckon you'll get when you open the doors.......lil bit embarassing me thinks :laugh:

I personally dont have an issue with them though, but I would never have them.

Imagine having scissors and pulling into a maccas or pub carpark where there are about 20 blokes squashed in 3 falcodores or a bunch of hairy chrome domes on harleys. What sort of reception ya reckon you'll get when you open the doors.......lil bit embarassing me thinks :laugh:

I personally dont have an issue with them though, but I would never have them.

If i had a mental car, i would chuck the vertical doors on. If i encounter falcodores full of guys... dont care :) They can say what they like, and if they start to get physical, then i can protect myself by all means necessary :)

PS: most of them are sissies as soon as they see u stand up 4 ur self.

great for parking tho'

u can squeeze into a tiny parky and still can get out

You can squeeze in then get out... but then the the person trying to get in to the car parked next to yours struggles to get in then BANG nice phat dint on your door lol

i maybe a little under the influense at the moment, but when i see them its like the car is waving and sayng 'look at me im a fag'

i apologise in advance when i read this 2moz :D

spend the coin on something else like a stereo at least you can enjoy that for nearlty 100% of the time while driving... compared to the 5% posing in a carpark, seriously how often would u sit somewhere with your doors open?