SAU Community

Nytsky's Engine Build

NYTSKY

Thanks guys, i imagine once the good oil goes in it will make some noise on start up,but 90% of all forged motors do that.

Oh yes another thing,we had a cooler pipe blow off last night. Now that the engine is MAP not AFM she still idled perfect :)

Congrats!!

A few minor issues but nothing major.... and how loud are the lifters on the first start up!! I thought my new engine was going to explode when I heard em on the first start up.... lol :)

Yeh, is quite face changing when you hear lifter noise. And coupled with the noise of a power steering pump with no oil in it,makes for a few frantic comments lol

i told you the power steering would scare you!! LOL

good news anyway. I'm back in syd too so give me a yelp if you want. i assume your asleep now lol. I look forward to hearing it. does it sound anything like mine or totally different? hows your exhaust situation too

Hi Dave,

Are you 100% sure it's not the clutch slave cylinder - or air in the line maybe? Sometimes they give up the ghost after sitting for ages...

Just such a bastard to take the g/box out of a '33 - I'll never do mine again unless I have a hoist.

Cheers

i told you the power steering would scare you!! LOL

good news anyway. I'm back in syd too so give me a yelp if you want. i assume your asleep now lol. I look forward to hearing it. does it sound anything like mine or totally different? hows your exhaust situation too

All i can say it sounds awesome. Has a clean yet angry RB sound from the exhaust. HKS Hi-Power has not arrived! Im assured ill be getting it any day now. I was told that 2 weeks ago too!

Hi Dave,

Are you 100% sure it's not the clutch slave cylinder - or air in the line maybe? Sometimes they give up the ghost after sitting for ages...

Just such a bastard to take the g/box out of a '33 - I'll never do mine again unless I have a hoist.

Cheers

Was checking over the clutch situation pretty much all day. We bled the system twice and adjusted a few things, but still could not engage any gear when stationary. The slave cylinder seems to be operating fine. I called Jim today and he thinks something might be bent,he says it does not take much for a clutch not to work 100% when something is slightly bent. So i guess the box is coming off and ill be sending the clutch back for him to diagnose.

Dave called me today...he sounded like a 16 year old ringing his best mate to tell him he just fu(ked the hottest chick in school.

He drove it and is very a very excited lad!

I had the car running for the powersteering so we could move it around the car park easier. As they were pushing me out into the street (for the tow) i turned the car off engaged 1st and kicked it over. Rolled out onto the street and took it for a drive around the block. Suprisingly i was able to go through the gears,though down shifting was a bit tricky,and engaging 1st was only possible with rev matching and a nasty grind.

But driving the thing around the block a few times made me forget the small problems and brought a big smile to my face. I was loading it up in all gears with boost climbing to about 8-9psi before i backed off. The thing just wanted to go! The boys could hear it spool from down the road :D

So tomorrow ill be dumping the oil,changing filters and removing the wastegate. Im dredding pulling the box out (putting it back on). But it has to be done, i want to put some kms on this thing.

these promotions for Paul rock :D

its something i am going to consider when my motor finally rocks up!

I wouldnt say "promotions for Paul" mate. This thread was made to give other members an indication of what is involved going through the process of rebuilding an engine (RB25DET). The information i put in this thread is no way geared to favour one person or business and is purely for other members to get an idea of what they can expect when doing what i have done.

is that a Unique Auto Sports sticker i spy on the dead engine...it is...it is.

The sooner you learn to stop knocking other businesses the better. I would be worried if someone with your attitude was touching my engine!

The sooner you learn to stop knocking other businesses the better. I would be worried if someone with your attitude was touching my engine!

QUOTE(NYTSKY @ 11 Jul 2008, 07:44 PM)

The old engine wasnt dead, infact it was very healthy and pumping out 250rwkw all day long.

yeah i know it wasnt dead...it was just a sh1t stir.

As you can see it wasnt a serious comment. But if you knew the half of it.....

Please dont pull this thread into a bitch fight,the last thing i want to see is this thread closed. From now on if you have nothing to say on this topic DO NOT POST!

awesome build thread good to see shes up and running finally :D hope u enjoy the ecu as well Dave, luckily u got the best Haltech tuner in the business to play around with it, im sure u will get some great results

Thanks Brad! The E11 is a great bit of kit. So many outputs, Adam asked if i wanted the engine light to become a shift light lol

^^ totally agree. I found this thread very useful and informative please keep it on topic.

Dave, have you upgraded the drivetrain? I know you were going to buy a new box, have you done anything with the diff or half shafts??

^^ totally agree. I found this thread very useful and informative please keep it on topic.

Dave, have you upgraded the drivetrain? I know you were going to buy a new box, have you done anything with the diff or half shafts??

The next thing on the list is a decent diff. We could hear a bit of a whine as the car was slowing down on the dyno.

But ive known the diff was a bit tired. Nismo TT Pro or KAAZ 1.5 will be the options.