SAU Community

Nytsky's Engine Build

NYTSKY

The sooner you learn to stop knocking other businesses the better. I would be worried if someone with your attitude was touching my engine!

With the amount of tasty engines Paul is building for people right now, you wont find any love in here buddy :D

With the amount of tasty engines Paul is building for people right now, you wont find any love in here buddy :blink:

with all due respect, cheeky comments like the one i made have no place in other peoples threads, no matter how much substance is behind it.

Hopefully this is the last time it is mentioned.

Edited by DiRTgarage

Man i wish i had a hoist,i hate pulling the box out on stands!!!

Anyone have a hoist at a workshop i can borrow for a few hours lol

Two post hoist and gearbox jack FTW

you should try doing it in the pits at Eastern Creek with a deadline for qualifying...we had to replace the gearcluster as well after smashing 3rd gear...rebuilt box with it sitting it on top of a waste oil drum (our workbench...lol) behind our pit garage...never again!...we made it by 10mins.

Dave what doesn't kill you will only make you stronger. (thats the only positive thing i could think of)

Edited by DiRTgarage

Clutch problem sorted. I took the Main cylinder adjustment to its maximum and it has seem to have fixed it. No free play in the clutch at all.

Thank god i didnt have to take the gearbox out :D

Thanks to Paul and Terry@Award Diff & Gearbox for the imput shaft. Didnt need it this time but will be handy to have. Just letting the pipes cool down before i take the wastegate off.

Clutch problem sorted. I took the Main cylinder adjustment to its maximum and it has seem to have fixed it. No free play in the clutch at all.

Thank god i didnt have to take the gearbox out :D

Thanks to Paul and Terry@Award Diff & Gearbox for the imput shaft. Didnt need it this time but will be handy to have. Just letting the pipes cool down before i take the wastegate off.

who said you could keep the input shaft?....hehe just kidding.

good to hear you didnt need to whip it out.

........How did you say you were paying for all this Dave?!

Ah funny :(

Myself and jeffworld2 went for a bit of a drive down southern highlands way. Loaded it up every chance i got, with pedal control, i was aiming for 10psi and 5000rpm. Which is only 1/4 throttle. The thing just wants to go!

Now the engine has 137kms on it. Will be going to put 1000km on it before i go for the full tune.

So......i have 863 more kms to do.........whos up for a cruise??? :D

Ah funny :(

Myself and jeffworld2 went for a bit of a drive down southern highlands way. Loaded it up every chance i got, with pedal control, i was aiming for 10psi and 5000rpm. Which is only 1/4 throttle. The thing just wants to go!

Now the engine has 137kms on it. Will be going to put 1000km on it before i go for the full tune.

So......i have 863 more kms to do.........whos up for a cruise??? :D

Your more restrained than i am, im going to get my new motor ran in on a dyno, wont be able to hold my self back for 1000 k's

dave your car spools too loud lol. too bad it doesnt go very fast :( It was good following you, because i could hear you spool up and knew i had to too. then when we were on th e highway, i heard a truck and thought it was you haha

HOWEVER:: the biggest thing i discovered, was that your headlights are ridiculously bright- did rsr get new ones>>? thats why that truck flashed you. I also decided that noise wasnt a turbo honk it was the road.

hope you had fun with this build because mine is coming out again soon :D

EDIT: i did 2000km last time, with one dead turbo. i never knew till we turned the wick up and nothing happened

dave your car spools too loud lol. too bad it doesnt go very fast :( It was good following you, because i could hear you spool up and knew i had to too. then when we were on th e highway, i heard a truck and thought it was you haha

HOWEVER:: the biggest thing i discovered, was that your headlights are ridiculously bright- did rsr get new ones>>? thats why that truck flashed you. I also decided that noise wasnt a turbo honk it was the road.

hope you had fun with this build because mine is coming out again soon :D

EDIT: i did 2000km last time, with one dead turbo. i never knew till we turned the wick up and nothing happened

Yes my headlights had been adjusted too high. I adjusted them when i got home tonight.

As for that road,it freaked me out hence why i pulled over. Im going out for "coffee" in a few mins.

Dave come for a drive up to Newy this weekend...we are putting an 1100hp turbo on my car...come and have a look.

1100hp? Pfft weak sauce :(

Good, the thing finally arrived. Are you starting early? I have to be back in Sydney by 3pm.

1100hp? Pfft weak sauce :(

Good, the thing finally arrived. Are you starting early? I have to be back in Sydney by 3pm.

yeah unfortunately they didn't have any big turbo's left at the shop so i had to settle for the little one.

what day?