SAU Community

Nytsky's Engine Build

NYTSKY

Hi all,

The engine is now well run in. Has just under 1000kms on it.

But i now have a small exhaust leak coming from somewhere under the manifold(i hope its not the manifold) the exhaust note is very angry, i kind of like it lol

And my gearbox has developed a whine. Sounds like it has straight gears in it. The gearbox has seen better days and was planning to swap it out for a new OEM one. I guess it will be happening sooner than expected.

Im dropping the oil and filter again tomorrow to put some good stuff in it. It will be getting its full tune on the 7th of August at JEM's new factory.

So if anyone has nothing better to do on a Thursday morning swing past and check it out.

Hey nice stuff! Saw you cruising through woodbine the other day, car looks tough with the 10.5" rears. I'll pop in and have a geez and annoy Adam for a bit on Thurs for sure. See you then mate :O

Ok exhaust leak is fixed. The flange on the wastegate to screamer was not bolted up correctly.

Now the car is alot quieter. Especially when the gate cracks open :rolleyes:

Thanks for the comment Marlon see you out at Adams.

Hi all,

Had the car tuned on Thursday and came out with a nice result. However the first few runs the boost was climbing like crazy,up to 25psi before Adam backed off. The wastegate is too small and will need a bigger one fitted. So as a bandaid fix Adam crimped the BOV vacuum line,we got a base boost level of 17psi.

So i asked Adam to do a basic tune to that boost level. With only 45mins on the dyno we achieved this result:

post-32255-1218256449_thumb.jpg

As you can see the power delivery is very smooth and is still making power over 7000rpm. He said with more tuning we will see 300rwkw at this boost level easily.

Adam tells me at 20psi and a good day on the dyno 320rwkw will be achievable.

On the road it feels bloody amazing,and just keeps pulling all the way to the redline.

But the car will be off the road for a little longer so i can get a few little issues sorted.

Hey Dave, like i said before great outcome on only 17 pound!! Spewing i missed you down there, i should've known you'd be in there first thing. Must be a nice handful on the street. Definately be watching your next dyno run on 20+ pound :banana:

PS how awesome is Adams new shop!? He'll be loving it once its all set up with 4wd dyno etc

• 1 month later...

cmon be fair. shit happens sometimes, god knows I've had 2 motors that didn't even make 1000klm due to unexpected problems.

Its up to Dave to say what happened if he wants to. pretty simple problem with nasty results.

cmon be fair. shit happens sometimes, god knows I've had 2 motors that didn't even make 1000klm due to unexpected problems.

Its up to Dave to say what happened if he wants to. pretty simple problem with nasty results.

Agreed *jumps on bandwagon* ;)