SAU Community

Nytsky's Engine Build

NYTSKY

please explain more, i have a bit of a start issue with mine.. it clicks sometimes and wont start.. if i keep trying to start it it starts.. weird...

you can fix mine for me tomorrow while i am setting up your car to start :)

Sounds like a battery Anthony. Had the same issue with mine many moons ago, needed to be jump started. Not sure if yours is that bad.

Just got back from a very hot drive. No A/C at the moment.

After the start problem we had a small fuel issue.

But all sorted. Took the car for a spin down to the tuners and then took it for a well needed wash. The car looks so much better when you are not looking at it in a garage. Wheels and stance set it off.

Wastegate pipe is made and fark it is loud.

Much gating to be had at Powercruise :)

Will be heading out to KK on Friday night if anyone wants to catch up?

Im glad its all back on the road for ya mate...im jealous that yours is going and mines not.

Ahh well...everybody's other cars first...then maybe mine if i have any time or sanity left.

fitting my new wideband O2 controller tonight as it was here on the bench when i got home from work.

Vi-PEC + Wideband = :)

please explain more, i have a bit of a start issue with mine.. it clicks sometimes and wont start.. if i keep trying to start it it starts.. weird...

Well on my old primera I use to get that problem where mine would tumble for about five or six times before it started. Never knew why and then I took it to an electrical guy and he put a relay on the starter wire as he said over time the wire may become weak, never really worried about it and eventually sold the car but it did help. For your case though it may be an ignition switch problem, sometimes it clicks and sometimes it starts, check to see if your key is not worn as well, old keys tend to do this but most of the time it may be the internals of the ignition switch that may need to be rebuilt. Not sure if this answers anything but let me know.

Also you can check and see if the alternator is functioning properly otherwise it won't charge the battery and hence sometime get a weak start but to me it sound like an ignition problem if he gets a click sometimes and if he keeps trying it eventually tumbles.

Sorry for the sidetrack but good to hear the car is up and running NYTSKY :happy:

Edited by TriniGT

Got a call from Steve (N1GTR) this arvo, both of us need to put some K's on our engines so we decided a nice drive down the coast is in order.

Here are some happy snaps:

DSC01862.jpg

DSC01863.jpg

DSC01866.jpg

While we were driving up Bulli Pass i shifted into 4th and then the shifter came out of the box. So being stuck 4th gear going up a rather steep incline i did my best to get the turbo to spool up (was only doing 60km at the time)

I was frantically trying to get it back in, and trying not to let the car stall.

As i was going up the hill i was saying "I think i can.... I think i can" lol

Finally at the top Steve was on the side of the road waiting for me.

With my foot holding down a rather heavy clutch and trying to get this shifter in was rather funny. Steve said this is too funny not to take a photo of:

DSC01868.jpg

And me laughing my arse off trying to get the bloody thing in:

DSC01867.jpg

So the engine has a healthy 400kms on it ;)

nice rims Steve-o

Im surprised N1 was in front of you Dave...i thought he would have been the one choofing up the hill with the dreaded shuffle saying 'i think i can'

Holding it flat gets rid of the choof :)

They are nice rims actually, they're also great for completely fu(king with your cars grip levels around corners - they're a true master of their craft.

Measured the internal clearance of those rims for me? :)

So no one likes the gtst rims on a gtr? lol cant say im suprised! They only JUST clear the brakes, they're all bald and mismatched tyre sizes so its in rwd for now

Oh, and i cant tell you guys how funny it was on Bulli pass, i just went up to the top holding it flat for most of it and got a call from Dave saying pull over asap, so pulled over expecting the worst, he pulls up SO slowly and just goes "the shifter popped out", uh ok how do you mean popped out? Then Dave holds the shifter up about 30cm away from where its meant to live. That face was priceless

FKNLOL

cunny funts

Dave, sexeh rims, I want! but with a black centre... you give me? :)

See you bastards next Thursday? Mine should be back on the blacktop by then, sans massive epic engine build...