SAU Community

Nytsky's Engine Build

NYTSKY

The circlip on the gearbox is back on so no more suprises. The interior is still a mess (no back seat, no headunit ect)

Did an oil change yesterday but i have not driven it much due to this damn heat wave. Ill be sorting out all the little bits when it starts to cool down.

Catch can lines need to be made, interior ect ect.

I will be out at Harry's tonight for sure at around 930ish.

Took it out for a little spin after the oil change. Im not sure if i have mentioned but im running off wastegate pressure which is 10psi. The decision to get the wastegate plumbed into the turbo housing was a great idea. Hits 10psi and stays there!

Revved it out a bit on the drive this time to about 6000rpm. Even at 10psi the thing pulls hard from 4000rpm and sound great. I estimate power to be around the 250rwkw mark.

So with E85 and 24psi tuned in two weeks who knows what it will be :laugh:

thought i saw you driving today.. now i think maybe i did. passed a white skyline on campbelltown road or something going the other way and had nice expertly installed tail lights so i thought it might be you lol

good work dave!

-and nobody knock cars that choof, mine choof's like a champ. And harden up. I havent had A/c since i bought the thing lol

thought i saw you driving today.. now i think maybe i did. passed a white skyline on campbelltown road or something going the other way and had nice expertly installed tail lights so i thought it might be you lol

good work dave!

-and nobody knock cars that choof, mine choof's like a champ. And harden up. I havent had A/c since i bought the thing lol

lol That was me Jeff :D I took the long way to work.

Revved it out a bit on the drive this time to about 6000rpm. Even at 10psi the thing pulls hard from 4000rpm and sound great. I estimate power to be around the 250rwkw mark.

So with E85 and 24psi tuned in two weeks who knows what it will be :thumbsup:

Nice - its still running with the GT3076R?

Took the car down to JEM yesterday and filled it up with E85.

However i do not think the car will get touched until Friday as the place is just sooo damn busy at the moment.

Im not sure if it was my imagination but after i dumped the crappy mineral oil and put in the Motul Chrono 300V, the engine felt very different.

Smoother revving,a gain in response and the turbo spooled quicker. And the way the engine pulled was like i had dropped about 50kg out of the cars weight. Noticing this especially when pulling away from lights at low engine speeds.

I guess the reduced friction in the engine is the reason for this?

Im not sure if it was my imagination but after i dumped the crappy mineral oil and put in the Motul Chrono 300V, the engine felt very different.

Smoother revving,a gain in response and the turbo spooled quicker. And the way the engine pulled was like i had dropped about 50kg out of the cars weight. Noticing this especially when pulling away from lights at low engine speeds.

I guess the reduced friction in the engine is the reason for this?

Not your imagination man, definetely a difference between most oils and the 300V, its something you can actually feel. Great shit, hence why i praise it so much.

hey NYTSKY.

awsome write up, even though its not my build im quite excited for you.

i had a question about your slotted turbo.

does it really make the t51r sound? because from wat i remember the t51r isnt slotted :D

but im a major fan of the t51r but i cant justify the lag it comes with.

was hoping you had a sample sound clip or something?

how much did it end up costing you to slot the cover?

im currently running a bit larger then you (gt35r) and ive been thiking about slotting the turbo for a while now.

would you recommend it?

does it really make the t51r sound? because from wat i remember the t51r isnt slotted :D

was hoping you had a sample sound clip or something?

how much did it end up costing you to slot the cover?

T51Rs definitely have anti-surge slots, they just have a little bellmouth thing over the inlet that has a gap to allow flow from the slots but covers the slots mostly from view. I can't view youtube at work though am pretty sure this clip shows what mine sounds like with the exact same turbo as NYTSKY's. Real GT3076Rs come with the slots.

Not tru, I bought a Genuine Garret GT3076R and the front cover wasn't slotted.

most of (if not all) the real 3076's come with the antisurge slots. just finished installing myne a few weeks ago, needs a tune but sounds cool