SAU Community

Nytsky's Engine Build

NYTSKY

Eww, i stepped in Turbosmart. :blush: LOL i dont like the sound of them...dont know how much substance there is to my observation but they seem to give the note a much higher pitch :D

I could have said HKS but the price of them is frightening with the ex-rate. Turbosmart are a local product and must be okay if guys running 6 second passes who need precise boost control are using them.

My HKS GTII was the other way tonight Dave...we had trouble getting it to lower the boost. Turned out it was the Blitz EBC not doing what we wanted it too...so we switched it off and adjusted boost by increasing pre-load on the spring.

Just finished up at JEM.

End result was 325rwkw at only 16psi!

So this is 30rwkw more than i was running last tune with 1psi less boost. Unbelievable stuff.

Unfortunately there is still an issue with holding boost. Needs a 60mm gate like Pauls or upgrading the turbo.

Straight to 22psi and bleeds all the way down to 16psi, BUT the power curve is still rising lol

Will post a sheet tomorrow.

Makes bucket loads of torque, Adam mentioned its making almost the same torque as a recent 400rwkw 2J he tuned!

Should be good fun at Powercruise this week :thumbsup:

lol, now go get some damn sleep! :thumbsup:

a bit shy off my guess though :D

At 24psi we were aiming for the turbo could not flow that much air for some reason. Would have been 350 for sure.

It is happy where it is, so ill enjoy it for a while.

Just finished up at JEM.

End result was 325rwkw at only 16psi!

So this is 30rwkw more than i was running last tune with 1psi less boost. Unbelievable stuff.

Unfortunately there is still an issue with holding boost. Needs a 60mm gate like Pauls or upgrading the turbo.

Straight to 22psi and bleeds all the way down to 16psi, BUT the power curve is still rising lol

Will post a sheet tomorrow.

Well done excellent result. Mine was doing very similar spiking to 24psi and only holding 18-19. fixed that issue with a better actuator. Bet it feels good on the street.

Awesome result!! Thats promising stuff for both the turbo and E85 - I can imagine it being fun on the road :thumbsup:

The boost droppign is really strange, you should be able to get more power/boost out of that car - the fact that the power was still climbing despite boost dropping SURELY indicates there is more compressor in it? Maybe something funny up with the wastegate setup or something?

What is the wastegate spring set for? Maybe go straight for a 1.2bar one!

If he has the stronger waste gate spring in it its set for 60psi, then its all down to how you setup the boost/vacume lines into the gate and the preload that makes the different boost levels.

Have you tried connecting A&B to the boost controller and port D to the boost source instead of C? or ports D&A to the boost source and port B to the boost controller? they should result in a higher minimum boost levels.

Awesome result!! Thats promising stuff for both the turbo and E85 - I can imagine it being fun on the road :D

The boost droppign is really strange, you should be able to get more power/boost out of that car - the fact that the power was still climbing despite boost dropping SURELY indicates there is more compressor in it? Maybe something funny up with the wastegate setup or something?

What is the wastegate spring set for? Maybe go straight for a 1.2bar one!

If we could get boost to flatline ar 22psi, it would make out of this world numbers for the turbo size. E85 seems to unlock of alot of power from any setup.

If we could get boost to flatline ar 22psi, it would make out of this world numbers for the turbo size. E85 seems to unlock of alot of power from any setup.

The turbo size isn't to be underestimated of course, a lot of people sell them short imho :D Regardless it sounds like awesome fun, and there is going to be more in it yet if you get a little more greedy :( Would love to know how it would go at the strip...

how big are your injectors mate?

740cc Nismo

Yea Dave go port D which they say to use if the boost is spiking. Also try the larger diameter Valve seat so it flows more ;)

Installing the bigger valve seat is the next step.

bad news.. your injectors wont supply more then about 330 - 340rwkw with e85. I hit a major brick wall on weekend with my 740's and i had to go back to pump and put e85 on hold for a while. & i have a 044 and was using 52psi base pressure.

Guilt, did you monitor the pressure under boost to see if it stayed 1:1 from the base ?

Just asking as there is a guy in the RB25DET turbo upgrade thread with 555cc nismo's doing 320rwkw on E85...

Gary

yeah i hooked the fuel system up to the dyno - my fuel system is fine. with pump gas it holds the afr fine 11.7 to 10.8 on boost.

He must be running his injectors at 100% flat out with a good fuel system as well.

I am not interesed in running my car on the edge of the fuel system, i have invested too much time and money in the engine to risk a lean out and blow up.

Now i am running 80% injectors at 374rwkw and its nice and safe for me.

I think I wont be going back to e85 without 1000 - 1200 cc injectors, but when i do it will be a permanent switch so there will need to be many more servo's around with the stuff.