SAU Community

Spotted Thread

paulr33

spotted a white 33 on ballarat rd yesterday (thursday) with vicroads car behind it blocking the road and a tow truck behind that

if ur on here then wat was the go????

Wow... you waited 4 years for a spot, I'm glad I spotted you haha

I'm pretty sure that in the (almost) 5 years I've had my 33, I've never been spotted... but then again I've got standard plates, and it's a 33... so it just kinda blends in with the rest of 'em!

Spotted a R33 GTS (Green P Plater) smashed on Mckimmis rd (Bundoora i think), took down a pole witch dropped another one plus a transformer and a switch on a high voltage power line (I work for the power company, that's why I still saw everything before they cleaned it up)... From what police told me she is alright just hurt her leg, but she doesn't have insurance so that's gonna be a hard one to solve... :(

Here's a pic for anyone that wants to see:

img0293ap.th.jpg

That looks as though it could have ended up alot worse than a leg injury, she could have been toast

Spotted a R33 GTS (Green P Plater) smashed on Mckimmis rd (Bundoora i think), took down a pole witch dropped another one plus a transformer and a switch on a high voltage power line (I work for the power company, that's why I still saw everything before they cleaned it up)... From what police told me she is alright just hurt her leg, but she doesn't have insurance so that's gonna be a hard one to solve... :(

img0293ap.th.jpg

wow...must of been fkn flying to take down a concrete poll...she is one lucky person i tell you that.

spotted white 33 going down blackburn rd yesterday

Niroj 2 days ago breezing past me where I was jammed in the usual springy rd traffic, turning left onto chelt rd, bunnings side. Sometime after 6. Snob :)

haha i saw you. stuck in traffic. i was probably home before you crossed the intersection. suckerrrrr

how the hell can u take down a pole like that without being an idiot?

I'm not sure you can. And well, sucks to be her. But at the same time, not much sympathy.

Spotted a R33 GTS (Green P Plater) smashed on Mckimmis rd (Bundoora i think), took down a pole witch dropped another one plus a transformer and a switch on a high voltage power line (I work for the power company, that's why I still saw everything before they cleaned it up)... From what police told me she is alright just hurt her leg, but she doesn't have insurance so that's gonna be a hard one to solve... :)

img0293ap.th.jpg

ive heard that those power poles cost hundreds of thousands of dollars to replace. Can you confirm?

How much you reckon she will be owing for the replacement of the pole?

Well it is a 70km zone so she would of been speeding for sure to make that kind of damage! Didnt see any skid marks what so ever... Tyres looked cheap... I guess what saved her was her seat belt and airbag...

ive heard that those power poles cost hundreds of thousands of dollars to replace. Can you confirm?

I dont know about exact costs, but from what i saw, its a concrete pole plus a wooden pole that she brought down (plus the cross arms and insulters), overhead 22kv cable, maybe underground 22kv cable that was attached to the wooden pole, 22kv gas switch plus remote control box plus a transformer... Then testing, building and operating... Personally I think worst case scenario would be in the mid to high 5 figures (that's really worst case scenario, their is always a chance of the underground not being affected and so on...)...

I'm pretty sure that in the (almost) 5 years I've had my 33, I've never been spotted... but then again I've got standard plates, and it's a 33... so it just kinda blends in with the rest of 'em!

You know why?.... Because you need SAU stickers lol :(

I think most of us only post up sau members as they are way too many skylines in Melb to post them all up lol

I see about 5-10 skylines each day :)

around 15k to repair it ive been told by my dad

i thought the poles are suppose to fall over wouldnt that lessen the impact on the car, as opposed to it staying firm and the car splitting in half?

no chance it would be hundreds of thouasands to replace, id rkn 15k is closer to the mark and even that would be absolute tops

I dont know about exact costs, but from what i saw, its a concrete pole plus a wooden pole that she brought down (plus the cross arms and insulters), overhead 22kv cable, maybe underground 22kv cable that was attached to the wooden pole, 22kv gas switch plus remote control box plus a transformer... Then testing, building and operating... Personally I think worst case scenario would be in the mid to high 5 figures (that's really worst case scenario, their is always a chance of the underground not being affected and so on...)...

I believe this solves the question of how much the replacement will cost, 15k sounds pretty low for replacing a lot of expensive equipment.