SAU Community

Spotted Thread

paulr33

i thought the poles are suppose to fall over wouldnt that lessen the impact on the car, as opposed to it staying firm and the car splitting in half?

no chance it would be hundreds of thouasands to replace, id rkn 15k is closer to the mark and even that would be absolute tops

im suprised it even fell over, do you know how deep they put those poles, for her to knock that over it would of had high speed invovled i rekon

I believe this solves the question of how much the replacement will cost, 15k sounds pretty low for replacing a lot of expensive equipment.

the wooden ones are 10k to fix

You got a couple types of pole... like impact ones are most expensive...

The concrete one broke on the location of impact then tipped over, the wooden one just snapped (Dont have a pic of it)...

Ao thats two poles, 10k to 20k each (depending on is contruction type, insulators and etc...)... plus gas switch witch was broken... plus transformer that got broken... plus control box (cos it was a remote control switch)... That can go up to 40/50k... now the underground is gonna be tested and if it got stuffed up, yeah that might make it go out to the 60k or even hit the high 5 figure mark because of boring under the road and all that... Oh yeah, forgot to mention the money also lost by the accident cutting off supply to the area (People off supply and Total time off supply)... Monday I might know some more info...

Yeah but TAC will pay for all that as part of your CTP insurance on your Rego.

TAC only covers for personal injury, has nothing to do with property damage.

Ah yes, my mistake. I was confusing TAC and CTP on rego and combining them together. Either way I was wrong. REGO CTP insurance only covers personal injury to another person where a legal liability can be established. To cover abything else you need CTP or Comprehensive through an Insurance provider eg AAMI, RACV etc.

This cleasrs it up a little better

CLICKY

Ah yes, my mistake. I was confusing TAC and CTP on rego and combining them together. Either way I was wrong. REGO CTP insurance only covers personal injury to another person where a legal liability can be established. To cover abything else you need CTP or Comprehensive through an Insurance provider eg AAMI, RACV etc.

This cleasrs it up a little better

CLICKY

CTP=compulsory third party, no such thing in vic, didnt bother checking your link as it is from the ACT and we, and this accident, are in VIC.

CTP=compulsory third party, no such thing in vic, didnt bother checking your link as it is from the ACT and we, and this accident, are in VIC.

I know what CTP is and you are incorrect. We do have it in VIC it's required by law and It's part of your Rego for your car. I put that link because it had the best description of the difference between it and third party insurance from an Insurance company.

Here is a link to the way it works in VIC CLICKY

Here's the short of it:

What is the Transport Accident Charge?

The Transport accident charge is an insurance fee that appears on the 'Registration Renewal Notice' VicRoads sends out. When the Transport accident charge is paid the owner/driver of a Victorian registered vehicle is considered 'insured' by the TAC. This Compulsory Third Party (CTP) insurance covers owners of Victorian motor vehicles for the injury or death caused by their vehicle to another person.

In order to be indemnified by the TAC in a common law action the owner of the vehicle must ensure the registration fee (which includes the Transport accident charge) has been paid prior to the expiration date each year.

----------------------------------

We also have third part insurance in VIC so I'm not sure what you are talking about when you say we don't have CTP. Here are just some third party providers and the links to the 3rd party info.

Just Cars

RACV

AAMI

Also Spotted a blue 33 GTST in St Albans today with GTR badge on boot lid. Then at about 3ish say another blue 33 coming out of watergardens in Taylors Lakes where Red Rooster is.

I know what CTP is and you are incorrect. We do have it in VIC it's required by law and It's part of your Rego for your car. I put that link because it had the best description of the difference between it and third party insurance from an Insurance company.

Here is a link to the way it works in VIC CLICKY

Here's the short of it:

What is the Transport Accident Charge?

The Transport accident charge is an insurance fee that appears on the 'Registration Renewal Notice' VicRoads sends out. When the Transport accident charge is paid the owner/driver of a Victorian registered vehicle is considered 'insured' by the TAC. This Compulsory Third Party (CTP) insurance covers owners of Victorian motor vehicles for the injury or death caused by their vehicle to another person.

In order to be indemnified by the TAC in a common law action the owner of the vehicle must ensure the registration fee (which includes the Transport accident charge) has been paid prior to the expiration date each year.

----------------------------------

It only covers personal injury, read teh bolded bits

Your car insurance covers costs to property damage. Its why your insurance says they cover up to $5million dollars damage.

i thought the poles are suppose to fall over wouldnt that lessen the impact on the car, as opposed to it staying firm and the car splitting in half?

no chance it would be hundreds of thouasands to replace, id rkn 15k is closer to the mark and even that would be absolute tops

$15k is way too cheap and gets you nothing in the commercial world. Especially being government, they are full of money and people will charge a shit load because they can.

Sounds like she will be sent a bill for $60k :)

NOGTR as i was leaving knox today. fkn nice wheels

just for you :P

post-48419-1275262014_thumb.jpg

:) haha cheers man will look better once its not tractor height! what brand are ur l.e.d tails in your dp i want some bad! dont tell me nismo either or ill cry.. i like them just not 1400 worth haha. dont see many nice skylines leaving pettit town anymore... pussys! lol

REGO CTP insurance only covers personal injury to another person where a legal liability can be established. To cover abything else you need CTP or Comprehensive through an Insurance provider eg AAMI, RACV etc.
BeEnAr - you are still missing the point. It covers injury to a person, not to property.

:D See my above quote from my earlier post. I didn't miss the point at all, in fact I outlined it.

It only covers personal injury, read teh bolded bits

See top quote. I already said this which is why I put the links in my last post to some insurance providers' third party insurance details :)

The point is why do you call it CTP, its TAC, thats what everyone knows it as so why are you just making it more difficult to understand than it is, your top quote is an perfect example, by that your saying that compulsory third party only covers personal injury, but you go on to say that if you want any other cover you need compulsory third party or full comp through an insurance provider, which if course is not compulsory, although it should be.

Edited by W0rp3D