SAU Community

R33 Gtst Injectors

elad_33

Hey guys just recently pulled out the injectors on my RB25.

Was extremely gentle removing them, didnt loose any of the spacers etc, made sure I was gentle. I am getting them professionally cleaned soon.

I took the caps off no dramas but I noticed that 1 or 2 of the injectors have some of the little tangs have broken off where the nozzles are.

Just wondering if this this going to damage or change anything with the spray pattern or anything like that ? Or if they've been like this for a while and its damaged my motor in any way

Thanks

post-36458-1205743248_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

These are what you call pintle caps. All those caps do is retain the O-Ring seal on the front of the injector as. Older injectors these were essential as they protected the exposed valve pintle (tip of the valve that influenced the spray pattern) from being broken off.

The plate on the end of these injectors protects the pintle as well as determine the spray pattern so it's no big deal. You can get them replaced if you really desire (they cost bugger all anyway) but all the tags are is a reference for how far the cap needs to be pushed on. Unless they are cracking down the side I would worry too much, but hey if you have them out it could be worth while for the sake of a few bucks.

Whoever you get to clean your injectors should have all the required parts.

Cheers