SAU Community

Oval Style Mufflers (non-cannon)

Im looking at getting an exhaust for my GTR

I think the kakimoto exhausts sound awesome

But im after something that dosent have a cannon rear muffler

anyone know what some other exhausts are, that dont have cannons, i dont think they suit r32's

If you're referring to the type i have on my car, I've got no idea as well:

post-2240-1205761318_thumb.jpgpost-2240-1205761059_thumb.jpg

All i know is that it's 3.5" from cat-back (possibly mild-steel? I dunno) with 2 big oval mufflers and 3.5" tip - Only markings i could find on the exhaust was under the muffler where it had the JASMA Japanese emissions label stamped on.

I'm also interested to see if anyone knows about manufacturers that have produced these type of exhausts.

Cheers,

Steve

Just get one made over here :(

do you think that a custom made exhaust would flow as well as a jap produced one

it may be a stupid question, but i feel that a hks or kakimoto may just flow better as it is designed specifically for the car.

i was thinking, if i got one made at an exhaust shop that i might use

xForce dumps and cat

magnaflow rear muffler

get them to make the rest, (front pipe, and catback)

Kakimoto R

Fujitsubo Legalis

Blitz Release TT

Apexi have made it before as well

Nismo

from the pics ive seen of the kakimoto and fujitsubo

they both seem to have cannon mufflers

unless they had the wrong pic on the web

do you think that a custom made exhaust would flow as well as a jap produced one

it may be a stupid question, but i feel that a hks or kakimoto may just flow better as it is designed specifically for the car.

A well made exhaust is a well made exhaust...

Not sure what you mean when you say a Jap one is designed for the car... custom made local one is also designed for the car, so its the same thing.

As long as its designed to flow, then it will is the be all and end all really.

Any decent exhaust place can produce work equal or better to the Japs.

My exhaust (locally made, custom mufflers the works) will flow over 350rwkw no problem and its 92dB at the moment, so damn quiet.

Other cars i know are making more than that, and similar noise outputs.

One that I have never seen anyone else mention is a momo-course exhaust.... was a beautiful sound when my car was non turbo .. now its bloody quiet unless you put your foot down.. then she still gives a good roar;)... i think its a 3-3.5inch system and a 5inch tip...which looks pretty big :)....heres some pics...

Photo_0014.jpg

this one is from when I was doing my rear garnish... note all the screws and bolts sitting in the exhaust :(

Photo_0117-1.jpg

I have some better pictures if your interested...

Adam

If you're referring to the type i have on my car, I've got no idea as well:

post-2240-1205761318_thumb.jpgpost-2240-1205761059_thumb.jpg

All i know is that it's 3.5" from cat-back (possibly mild-steel? I dunno) with 2 big oval mufflers and 3.5" tip - Only markings i could find on the exhaust was under the muffler where it had the JASMA Japanese emissions label stamped on.

I'm also interested to see if anyone knows about manufacturers that have produced these type of exhausts.

Cheers,

Steve

Looks like and old HKS - they like the 4bolt flanges

A well made exhaust is a well made exhaust...

Not sure what you mean when you say a Jap one is designed for the car... custom made local one is also designed for the car, so its the same thing.

As long as its designed to flow, then it will is the be all and end all really.

Any decent exhaust place can produce work equal or better to the Japs.

My exhaust (locally made, custom mufflers the works) will flow over 350rwkw no problem and its 92dB at the moment, so damn quiet.

Other cars i know are making more than that, and similar noise outputs.

sounds like custom is in order then

do you think i should provide the dumps, or have the whole thing custom made??

ive just done some more reading up on here about other custom exhausts

i was thinking of getting 3" the whole way

but seems like people are suggesting 3.5"

but, primarily, should i provide the dumps?(and possibly provide the cat too, if i get xforce dumps and cat)

sounds like custom is in order then

do you think i should provide the dumps, or have the whole thing custom made??

There are plenty of off-shelf dumps around these days, just get those

And the rest from the Front Pipe back, fitting dual mufflers will keep it nice and legal(ish) for the EPA

yeah i want it to be fairly quiet anyways

my s15 was loud as shit

and i want my GTR to be nice and sleek

going for a very very clean looking r32 gtr

atm its fully stock, maybe i should just leave it that way...

what have people paid for GTR custom exhausts

atm on the jj website

xforce dumps - 499 front pipe - 499 + cat 160

so thats like 1160 and i still need installation and a cat back :P