SAU Community

Oval Style Mufflers (non-cannon)

what have people paid for GTR custom exhausts

atm on the jj website

xforce dumps - 499 front pipe - 499 + cat 160

so thats like 1160 and i still need installation and a cat back :P

I have gone through this a few times.

It is expensive to get one built here....especially if you want it all stainless..which is the only way for a Turbo car.

You have the mid muffler and a large rear muffler to source firstly.

The width you can choose for your mid muffler is limited.

The space for the rear muffler is great except for the fact the pipe needs to do a circle back to enter offset.

Both these problems make choosing a good set up very difficult.For GTR's that is

Buy a Full import item and save head aches

http://www.nengun.com/kakimoto-racing/full-mega-n1

Don't worry about having an oval shaped dog...especially if a round dog you have is quiet.

OH....If you want to get some money on your old exhaust I will be most happy to buy it from you.

This will help your finances.

my kakimoto "racing" muffler for a GTR is oval, non-cannon, 3" centre to centre, non-restrictive

sounds awesome

(edit: same muffler as dano's post)

Glad to hear youre still happy with it :P

Just jap sell the kakimoto range at a fair price

Stainless exhausts are so cheap at the moment. I think Uras are selling stainless systems for around $500 (maybe a lil more)

We can get them made custom over here in WA for a little over $500 aswell to suit your car.

Have a good look around online....so much competition has brought the price right down. Im looking for a titanium atm, and they seem to be what stainless prices were a few years ago....crazy!

My recommendation? Ring around a few wreckers and see if you can find a Nismo 3" exhaust. They're great, nice and quiet when cruising, and a bit of a roar when flat out but still not too loud to attract unwanted attention. I picked one up second hand for $250.