SAU Community

Superlap Timeattack Is Ago!

Hey Brad

You can come and look at the BLACK series AMG. Actually anyone can look at this amazing car as it is owned by AMG MERC.

I am testing the AMG and GT2 for MOTOR and have been forced to do laps at the listed circuits in both of these cars.

Warren Luff is the usual Stig for MOTOR but is busy with Porsche doing drive days so I was next in line.

Both the GT2 and AMG are black. So I think we might get noticed driving around.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Private practice is at Oran Park GP this thursday. I am sure there will be a few people getting some laps in before SL 08.

Should be able to get on the circuit by 9.30am if you have a proper CAMS licence.

Depending on what cars turn up, there may be a couple of different sessions ie for open wheelers, sedans etc

Hey Brad

You can come and look at the BLACK series AMG. Actually anyone can look at this amazing car as it is owned by AMG MERC.

I am testing the AMG and GT2 for MOTOR and have been forced to do laps at the listed circuits in both of these cars.

Warren Luff is the usual Stig for MOTOR but is busy with Porsche doing drive days so I was next in line.

Both the GT2 and AMG are black. So I think we might get noticed driving around.

is there anywhere i can see it today as i cant make it this Thursday :D I have a mate who would also be very interested in seeing it as well. Will it be available for viewing at an AMG dealer and if so which one??

Sorry for all the questions mate, just very very keen to get a look at one

Hey Brad

I don't think it will happen today as I have a pretty full schedule. I am not sure what is happening with the car once we have finished with it. I think MOTOR mag hand it back to AMG merc on monday. The deputy editor for the mag who is going to be with me for the next few days writing the story on the GT2 vs CLK 'Black' :D has also made the car available to himself for the rest of the weekend :)

I think the GT2 will smash the AMG to be honest. Pretty sure the AMG 0-100km is 4.2 and the GT2 is 3.6 seconds!!!

Can't wait to see what times they do around the circuits. I know it is off topic but I will keep you all posted.

What's the story with media accreditation for this event?

Look what you guys get up to when I am not looking. Beer Baron you are a card.

My money is on Russ to until I get my dog box and FRP doors and perspex windows and rack off side skirts and rear diffuser then might be on their door. I have not done many laps of GP once in 1984 in my RX3 with 165 wide road tyres would you believe and 1 min 35. Twice in the zed also had FM problem on one for the days and did a 1 40.67 in our loan car Ford Corsair 2.4 litre stock front wheel drive oil on the track.

Yes have aero improvements and suspension geometry changes in front end and lightened the zed a bit and yes pulled another 30rwkw plus out of her last week. BTW Keith Carling back in early 90's did a 40.9 Oran South in zed sports sedan. 1150kg with driver. BIG aero tube frame 800hp.

Imagine if I could fit R35 gtr motor with front diff in her??? I can't knock gtrs or use excuses as my car is full of gtr parts.

I missed sat as cams licence did not come through and set for Thursday if this lovely rain stops. GTR Jason you coming? I might not punt Russ and Mark off yet but will give you a go. Bozzo are you a definite for Thursday with those black monsters?

hehe, you know I love you john :thumbsup: but you just reminded me of a few I forgot for ya booklet.

15. haven't done many laps since 1984 in my model A ford sports sedan

16. I don't have a fancy gearbox

17. couldn't get 2UE reception at Oran park and didn't want to miss john laws drive time.

18. Keith Carling was trash talking and put me off.

19. don't have a front diff

PS, make sure you show these to tim, ben and andrew as I know they will enjoy them!

2 more I can think of Richard from the weekend just passed actully :thumbsup:

20. my cams licence didnt come through

21. my boat doesnt like the rain

love ya johnny :(

In all seriousness was to bad you couldnt come on sat I wanted to see the Z on the track as I have never managed to see it on track apart fromt hat drift event you had a go at... Hoping I can get off work on Thursday to come out and help the boys. Its my birthday on thursday what do you think my chances are of getting it off? haha

Edited by Superlap Australia

20. my cams licence didnt come through

21. my boat doesnt like the rain

love you johnny :thumbsup:

22 It's too cold.

23. I don't have windscreen wipers.

23. I can't afford new tyres. ( bring on salary cap)

Hey I am a fair weather sailor.

BTW Apart from last Sat practice day missed, Russ & Mark and I were the only ones that turned up to every Circuit Battle, prior to the big Super Lap starting.

sounds like a song all the spectators were singing at the track about you ya clown.

fatz's wang is small

he like to hit the wall

and he sucks the balls

he has no skill at all

I heard johnny is going to release it on LP. it's a catchy tune.

sounds like a song all the spectators were singing at the track about you ya clown.

fatz's wang is small

he like to hit the wall

and he sucks the balls

he has no skill at all

I heard johnny is going to release it on LP. it's a catchy tune.

I just pissed myself.. :thumbsup: