SAU Community

Superlap Timeattack Is Ago!

we will be there,

i know matt from queensland is driving down with an r32 gtr , which is pretty pretty hardcore, ppg & dry sump setup.

JP will be there

Bozman will be there with two very very nice road cars!

Beer Baron in his S15

John Bright in his r32 gtr too , very quick

i hope there are some more

Cool bananas.I will be there cheering you all on!

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

John Bright in his r32 gtr too , very quick

i hope there are some more

should be going even better tomorrow mate, i just finished the engine in the car last week, John did some k's in it over the weekend, and we tuned it today :) Its got a little bit more power now :O so it will be great to see how it goes.

John even with the extra power you will be slowing Russ and Mark up like you do with me because you are scared of the power maybe your pro driver can give it a go thats the only way to show how your car really goes lol

Top day out boys. Everyone was doing well. Mark dipped into the f**king 13s!!! and Russ was not far off either in the 14s! both times are simply amazing considering they have never been there before and were on old tyres. Plus the track was still not completely dry with puddles in some of the braking zones.

Matts 32 was very, very nice and he was quick too. I timed him in the 17s but it's possible he was even quicker than that as I only did a few laps timing him.

Johnny was looking sharp as always and was moving his little hairdresser mobile along nicely, though I don't think he got many clean laps.

bozzman was a no show as I heard he was scared to put the GT2 up against my S13 silvia. no shame in that really as I am a pretty handy steerer.

and yes Johnny used 'the button' on the straight but still couldn't keep russ in the GTR behind him. I would say johnnys car is currently in for some more horse power!

Top day all round and both Mark and Russ and Matts 32 will be near the pointy end for sure.

Plenty of curious new south welshmen were there too to suss out the competition, and Jeff seemed quietly confident that his 32 with lofty behind the wheel will be up there, and GTR jason didn't look scared either, but I know both were impressed with the work Mark and Russ have done with their 32 and they can both steer too.

bring on July!

Top day out boys. Everyone was doing well. Mark dipped into the f**king 13s!!! and Russ was not far off either in the 14s! both times are simply amazing considering they have never been there before and were on old tyres. Plus the track was still not completely dry with puddles in some of the braking zones.

Matts 32 was very, very nice and he was quick too. I timed him in the 17s but it's possible he was even quicker than that as I only did a few laps timing him.

Johnny was looking sharp as always and was moving his little hairdresser mobile along nicely, though I don't think he got many clean laps.

bozzman was a no show as I heard he was scared to put the GT2 up against my S13 silvia. no shame in that really as I am a pretty handy steerer.

and yes Johnny used 'the button' on the straight but still couldn't keep russ in the GTR behind him. I would say johnnys car is currently in for some more horse power!

Top day all round and both Mark and Russ and Matts 32 will be near the pointy end for sure.

Plenty of curious new south welshmen were there too to suss out the competition, and Jeff seemed quietly confident that his 32 with lofty behind the wheel will be up there, and GTR jason didn't look scared either, but I know both were impressed with the work Mark and Russ have done with their 32 and they can both steer too.

bring on July!

Fark me, well done to Mark and Russ, but somehow I'm not surprised.

Would be interesting to see how they go when they get some more laps under their belt and some brand new super sticky tyres.

BEL EVO looks like it has a lot of work ahead of it..

And Beer Baron, the most important question is HOW DID THE S13 GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :P

Mark and Russ your car looked hot out there today i cant wait to get out on the track with you guys and have some fun ,Johny boy have you got your guys pulling the engine out tonight for that extra power your car looked like it was going good but it just needs that pro driver and where was he today driving around in the porshe ,i would say must be fun driving everyones cars for money is that a pro driver bosman lol

Track was a bit sketchy early on, but the line soon cleared and plenty of thrashing was had.

I'm glad that I won't be up in the open class as the Qld GTR's were hauling arse, but Johnny

will have the slot car sorted in time for the shake down. :down:

Just got back after doing 1200km in 2 days in two of the best cars I have driven for a while. Actually the GT2 is probably the best standard road car that I have ever driven.

Sorry about not coming out during the day. We arrived at 7.30am and left oran at 8.00am after figuring out it would take too much time for the track to dry to do the acceleration and lap times that we needed. We had to do a road drive and the photographer wanted to take plenty of pic's.

We had an hour at wakefield on wednesday afternoon and I was able to punch out some numbers.

Did not change the tyre pressures as we leave them at the manufactures spec's

CLK AMG BLACK SERIES 1.08.63

PORSCHE GT2 1.05.05

I was hoping to get into the 4's in the porky at Wakey but it did not happen....oh so close!!!

Must go to bed as I am down at Wakefield Friday (today) as the instructor for www.circuitclub.com.au

Edited by Bozman1

Another top day at the track, from what i seen the boys were certainly tearing up the track

To much time spent under the slot car chasing noises, few little things preventing it from performing as it should, but will be back to its best for july.

just ordered the biggest push to pass button we could find, the existing one is obviously to small. :D:D:whistling:

Even with the rain Saturday did not end up being to bad. Gave Mark & Russ plenty of time on the track to themselves to get to know the lines. Considering it was their first ever time at OP it will be very interesting to see what happens as they get more track time there.

Was good to meet everyone who was there ( Steve, Chris, Wizard & Wayne ) Hopefully cant wait to see you guys out on track. However I think Wizard has an upper hand after speaking with him he has plenty of exp at OP. I hopefully will be making my way out their on thursday once again to help the boys and see what they can do time wise on the full circuit.

Nice to finally meet you aswel!

Sorry i missed thursday, had to work

hey guys , just got back home, all i can say is , it's an awsome track !! love that GP circuit!

and they rain even went away for the afternoon, i had a top drag race off the corner onto the straight with JP!

it absolutely pissed down all the way back to brisbane basically, lots of flooding!

It was great to put faces to all the forum names over Sat & Thurs. Good to see the pace of you guys out there too. Can't wait to get there also without those "spit", "spit" restrictors. Don't know how we'll go until we get there but I think we might at least get to keep you guys honest Mark, Wayne great car but having talked to Richard, there's a dark horse under his bonnet me thinks.

In the meantime fellas keep telling everyone its on and lets get as many spectators out there as possible to make the event a success so we can all do it again in the future. Anybody got contact with the steeters etc lets get the likes of them etc along to where it counts and maybe something can be organised so they don't have to lose the wheels.

It was great to put faces to all the forum names over Sat & Thurs. Good to see the pace of you guys out there too. Can't wait to get there also without those "spit", "spit" restrictors. Don't know how we'll go until we get there but I think we might at least get to keep you guys honest Mark, Wayne great car but having talked to Richard, there's a dark horse under his bonnet me thinks.

In the meantime fellas keep telling everyone its on and lets get as many spectators out there as possible to make the event a success so we can all do it again in the future. Anybody got contact with the steeters etc lets get the likes of them etc along to where it counts and maybe something can be organised so they don't have to lose the wheels.