SAU Community

Superlap Timeattack Is Ago!

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

See the Bel EVO did a 1:04.1 at Wakefield.

Saw that, i'd be impressed if it was a gtst :cheers:

didn't giant pull a 1:03 on the old surface prior to going to japan? New surface is still quicker, even if it is falling apart in places.

LOL, looks like i may have scored a gig OS so with the comfort of knowing that i have a job in the bag when i head OS perhaps a 6 week splurge on motorsport is just the thing before i leave the shores.

All this chatty chat is driving me crazy, i need to go out there and bin it proper trying to get into the teens :cheers:

lol.

so whats the plans for the track nugget? store it or wreck it in spectacular fashion? But not spectacular enough that you can't fly obviously....

If you decide to do wakefield, i want to be there. It'd be fun to see how my nugget compares to your nugget :cheers:

lol.

so whats the plans for the track nugget? store it or wreck it in spectacular fashion? But not spectacular enough that you can't fly obviously....

If you decide to do wakefield, i want to be there. It'd be fun to see how my nugget compares to your nugget :cheers:

If you get the chance you shoudl have a drive of mine. Its always good to get the feedback from someone who has a similar car, you work out your cars short falls pretty quick with that sort of comparison.

I thought they did a 1.02 before that Roy?

John - why werent you out with the motor mag guys at Mudgee yesterday? They had a nice bit of gear, although one blew a tyre in the AMG Merc :(

Top day out boys. Everyone was doing well. Mark dipped into the f**king 13s!!! and Russ was not far off either in the 14s! both times are simply amazing considering they have never been there before and were on old tyres. Plus the track was still not completely dry with puddles in some of the braking zones.

Matts 32 was very, very nice and he was quick too. I timed him in the 17s but it's possible he was even quicker than that as I only did a few laps timing him.

Johnny was looking sharp as always and was moving his little hairdresser mobile along nicely, though I don't think he got many clean laps.

bozzman was a no show as I heard he was scared to put the GT2 up against my S13 silvia. no shame in that really as I am a pretty handy steerer.

and yes Johnny used 'the button' on the straight but still couldn't keep russ in the GTR behind him. I would say johnnys car is currently in for some more horse power!

Top day all round and both Mark and Russ and Matts 32 will be near the pointy end for sure.

Plenty of curious new south welshmen were there too to suss out the competition, and Jeff seemed quietly confident that his 32 with lofty behind the wheel will be up there, and GTR jason didn't look scared either, but I know both were impressed with the work Mark and Russ have done with their 32 and they can both steer too.

bring on July!

Thanks mate and good meeting you, was a great day and worth the 20hrs of driving there and back. Car will be getting some more power wound into it and some minor adjustments before the event. Will be a blast and its awesome to have the car finally sorted.

See you all soon

Matty

Yep got done over by those three R32 GTR's out ther on Thursday. Had not been to the track for about six months and a few little issues with the car. Finally got sorted then psuehd that button early and ran wide off turn two and smashed my front carbon kevlar undertray and exhaust.

Yes Russ that was fun that drag race even though I got beaten. I will wind more boost and turn up the timing with the race fuel, and should be close at least in a stragiht line, especially when I lighten the car.

PS Nice trailer Russ and Mark.

Aaron go to Oranpark.com.au and they list open practice days and can go on email list to. Not sure if this works though I just look on the site. Otherwise Supersprints on Sundays or other days on.

It was great to put faces to all the forum names over Sat & Thurs. Good to see the pace of you guys out there too. Can't wait to get there also without those "spit", "spit" restrictors. Don't know how we'll go until we get there but I think we might at least get to keep you guys honest Mark, Wayne great car but having talked to Richard, there's a dark horse under his bonnet me thinks.

In the meantime fellas keep telling everyone its on and lets get as many spectators out there as possible to make the event a success so we can all do it again in the future. Anybody got contact with the steeters etc lets get the likes of them etc along to where it counts and maybe something can be organised so they don't have to lose the wheels.

good to see you out there Jeff having a little peak at the competition, but I did notice you weren't looking too worried. :thumbsup: hehe I'm sure you have somthing special in store for daves car even though you like to play it down a bit.

I'm also glad you gave in and signed up. The more people on here for a little wind up and some trash talking the better I say!

Matty mate, you did very well. even better considering it was your first crack at Oran Park and not many people there to really give you much meaningful help. The last thing you need is more power, it just makes it too hard to the rest of us!

Mark and Russ's trailer is nicer than my house. at least if things ever get rough at home russ you will have a nice place too stay!