SAU Community

Superlap Timeattack Is Ago!

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So Open has spaces left? Have we got an updated list? Id like to know who's going to beat me (pretty much all of the field im betting)

That datto would be crazy fun, if my old one had 400hp i think the same smile would be on my face as yours

Hey blitzxtr Dave have a go, I think I will be strong contender for RWD and 4WD I predict will be between Lofty and Mark and Russ in their R32's. I bet my house with all my toys that I have the fastest zed on the day, he he. Maybe next year with limited budget of time and money, I have my alloy block 100kg lighter and .8 of a litre bigger VQ motor installed, with a bus load more power, I might be in their ear a lot more then. Btu then Giant brings out his R34 GTR and on it goes.

PS I know how hard and expensive it is mainly in time to convert a road car to race car, and how hard it is to remove Sikaflex and Wurth rubber under car spray, which I pumped it's arse with in the doors and quarter panels etc, trying make a quieter road car out of my zed years ago.

What are firm entries (ie money paid) entries looking like? I will be looking to put my car/entry in after Sandown on June 1. Need to see if i have sorted my cars habit to wander all over the place in a straight line :)

sounds like your chasing the rear end roy!?

get a big bar and work all your bushes and check for movementm try an put pressure on the hub as you would underpower! our car use to do it too.

Edited by giant

Hey blitzxtr Dave have a go, I think I will be strong contender for RWD and 4WD I predict will be between Lofty and Mark and Russ in their R32's. I bet my house with all my toys that I have the fastest zed on the day, he he. Maybe next year with limited budget of time and money, I have my alloy block 100kg lighter and .8 of a litre bigger VQ motor installed, with a bus load more power, I might be in their ear a lot more then. Btu then Giant brings out his R34 GTR and on it goes.

PS I know how hard and expensive it is mainly in time to convert a road car to race car, and how hard it is to remove Sikaflex and Wurth rubber under car spray, which I pumped it's arse with in the doors and quarter panels etc, trying make a quieter road car out of my zed years ago.

bring a rope john and i will tow you down the middle 300zx have no chance with these gtrs

haha.... this will be very cool!!

really looking forward to being part of it!

the lastest fast fours(may edition) has a couple of pages on superlap!

and i can confirm the new car has left the dealer and is at the docks, should have it in three weeks!

post-17546-1210986225_thumb.jpg

There will be more pro drivers then anything else bozman if one of the pro drivers smash the car they are driving who pays the driver or the owner

Depends on the terms of the contract, in our team Bathurst 12 hour deal it's the driver, you bend it = you fix it, you write it off = you own it.

Cheers

Gary

I think having a pro drivers stepping into cars will detract from the event and its success as it simply becomes cheque book racing then rather than a grass roots style of event. And i believe that Australia would not be able to sustain a series of this kind due to lack of popualtion and funds and if competitors get discouraged from entering this will only harm the event. Just look at drifting for example imagine if in its infancy a local workshop had a pro D1 driver driving their car and winning everything I doubt that it would be as popular as it is today because people would have been discouraged from entering due to the one sided compition. The series as it stands now is extremely popular and has fostered a lot of up and coming local talent and companys. I believe that this style of event could grow to become just as popular as drifting and progress to a similar level as long as it is run so as not to discourage grass roots level competitors.

sorry guys but if you think this is a grass roots event (particularly in open class) then you have missed the point. It is clearly targetted at workshops to show off their abilities, and if you have paid say $200k to develop a car, why wouldn't you pay a tiny bit extra for someone to drive it to it's full potential.

there are plenty of events similar for "grass-roots" or club racers, like the state super sprint series at Eastern Creek today. pretty much anyone with an L2S and $200 for entry fee is welcome

Re damaging the car - if I ask and pay for a drive, I expect to pay for damage. If I am asked and paid to drive, I don't pay for damage. simple.