SAU Community

Superlap Timeattack Is Ago!

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your on the money there phunky,,,no need for hi octane "sparco" expensive ones. Cheap crap supercheap and the like are cool,,but they have to be bolted as ADZ says as well as with big-arse washers,.,,NO rivets.

Neil

There are two ways to look at it. 1) is grab a cheapie so that you pass scrutineering and hope you dont need it. 2) Grab a more expensive unit just in case you need it.

The cheap ones would not put out my ass hairs after lighting a fart. Those that have had the misfortune of a fire know that the extra dollars are worth it, could be the difference of containing a fire until the big boys arrive on the scene and extinguish the fire

Yea Roy,,,I know where your comimg from buddy,,,but the little one won't put out my ciggy or your arse hairs,,,,are you still lighting your farts mate and by the time the big boys get to the car its maybe kinda all over. Small oil fires are easy but it can turn into a fuel fire which is the one I'm running away from. My car has a bomb which is what all race cars have,,,but this is basically a long winded supersprint.

Neil.

There are two ways to look at it. 1) is grab a cheapie so that you pass scrutineering and hope you dont need it. 2) Grab a more expensive unit just in case you need it.

The cheap ones would not put out my ass hairs after lighting a fart. Those that have had the misfortune of a fire know that the extra dollars are worth it, could be the difference of containing a fire until the big boys arrive on the scene and extinguish the fire

if your cars is on fire drive to the nearest flag marshal

cause at oran..last people you want to rely on are the fire truck at a super sprint

your better off having a wet towel and a cool six pack to watch your car burn then expect them to roll up on time

response at a race day is diffrent though :( thank fcuk

Has anyone got a full extinguishing system in their car? I don't know the name of it, but I'm sure you know what I mean. Pull the cord and fire be gone :(

I've contemplated one, but gather that they're prohibitively expensive.

I could imagine it'd be a royal pain to clean... but worth it to still have a car!

Caroline from CAZracing.com, had her cams approved extinguisher explode on the weekend while driving

and it completely stuffed the interior in her series III zed. Not only the fabric but the electronics aswell. :D Carry a fire blanket instead. :banana:

sorry but I can't see any 1kg, 2kg or 3kg making any difference to a decent size fire. there is a reason commercial ones (and the marshal's ones) start at 20kg. Its nice to have but I will be too busy getting out of the car when its on fire to focus on grabbing the 3x .9kg ones in my car.

When i had mine i actually got out, casually opened the bonnet once the marshalls arrived, as i found out too late the mechanic had removed my extinguisher for his car :banana: LOL 2004 was a tough year for my car :D

Some low-life theiving mongrel stole our racecar trailer last night...ahh well good thing our Superlap car is road registered, has full interior, A/C, heaters, stereo etc and runs on BP98...Looks like we will be driving it to and from the event.

Saw all the trophy's today...very nice...

Edited by DiRTgarage

our Superlap car is road registered, has full interior, A/C, heaters, stereo etc and runs on BP98...Looks like we will be driving it to and from the event.

lol im pretty sure every car ive raced had the above

i even keep the spare tyre in... just incase it needs a change mid track

bp98 was hard to find back in 2002 though so ill give ya that.. posh arse 98 octaine

get a 31 you superlap fools!

BTW, our Lotus Elise HPE (Honda Powered Elise) is road registered and uses a STOCK JDM K20a Honda from a wreck with a 7psi Jackson Racing supercharger. The car has passed emissions tests like this and is fully engineered. We have now conevrted 12 Lotuses to Honda power and are allowed to run in ProdSports and Aust GT. Might even drive the car to the track on the road tyres. Is there a competeitors cruise that gets there in time??