SAU Community

Superlap Timeattack Is Ago!

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's some video that may/may not help those who have not drive Oran Park. (60mb)

http://idisk.mac.com/demackie-Public/OranPark.wmv

Awesome vid!

Much better footage than any youtube clips I've been looking at.

I guess I'll be studying this every night before the big day, never been to OP.

Looks like a tight little track, not much space to 'open up' the car.

Looks like im out.

Motor let go at Wakefield on Saturday.

Not fu(king happy Jan!!!!!!!

Sorry to hear about that buddy if you need a hand to sort it give me a call ,or drop past and see me ,we built a stocker with turbos ,injectors ,fuel pump,intercooler and computer it made 366kw on 21psi at the wheels last week with out cams or head work

Sorry to hear about that buddy if you need a hand to sort it give me a call ,or drop past and see me ,we built a stocker with turbos ,injectors ,fuel pump,intercooler and computer it made 366kw on 21psi at the wheels last week with out cams or head work

We also built king 180s GTR he is also on skylines australia that made over 400kw at the wheels with 22psi but had cams head work and all the usual bolt on things his car is for sale on here very nice car

re tow hooks, there is a move away from steel hooks within CAMS to webbing straps instead because they are safer (ie less likely to puncture something in a crash). They also have the excellent benefit of not whacking your shin every time you walk around the front of the car.

Ours is just a trailer tie down strap (should be red) looped with about 10cm hanging out of the bumber and bolted to the reo bar where it meets the chassis. easy and effective but for the road car guys it would need a cut in the bumper about 10cm wide 2cm high to go through

I wouldn't be relying on it, can't see how a used slick would have the same grip levels as a new R compound tyre.

Smaller lighter cars dont get knocked around by less tyre grip as they dont use their tyres as much. I would expect an Elise, light and only moderate power, to be closer to its slick tyre time using a semi...then compared to the bigger, heavier and more powerful cars that would really need the tyre under them. But no doubt tyre grip is still tyre grip and all cars benefit from fresh grippy semis or full slicks

evil_ weevil I like putting my car in the face of GTR Jason every now and then in case he forgets.

I watched that Lotus in car vid and looks very stable and smooth.

My car cost me $6k about 7 years ago

P0004730_3.jpg

See here for more. Motorsports section ZX build

Edited by Boosted Zed

Here's some video that may/may not help those who have not drive Oran Park. (60mb)

http://idisk.mac.com/demackie-Public/OranPark.wmv

Nice vid, cars looks very smooth and fun to drive.

IT would be sweet to get something like this happening here in Tassie, why does there have to be so much water that separates us from the rest of Oz :)

So many good cars still not ready for superlap. It is going to be a battle to get everybody to Oran. Lofty still waiting on parts, BEL still building engine (is it finished yet Uncle Dave) Penlington tuning his car to 600RWKW, Mackie trying to get his car to 600kg lol and the S2000 i am driving is still waiting for engine bits!!!

we are ready to smash Sydneykid in his ultra set-up car with all its development and technical wizardry. We set our car up in a weekend...lol...hope it doesnt show in our results. Its our first foray into corner racing so it will be good to learn some new sh1t.

So many good cars still not ready for superlap. It is going to be a battle to get everybody to Oran. Lofty still waiting on parts, BEL still building engine (is it finished yet Uncle Dave) Penlington tuning his car to 600RWKW, Mackie trying to get his car to 600kg lol and the S2000 i am driving is still waiting for engine bits!!!

Thats racing

As if you didnt know that already though :D

Yeah time is seriously against most of us. Ive got 8 tyres and only 2 wheels. The rest is somewhere in dispatch at BBS Germany. Anyone got 18x10.5 with -35 offset?

Yeah the current rears are 18x12 -16 and fronts are 18x10.5 -10. Such a pain in the ass offset. As they are 3 peice its easy to change the width but things are moving slowely in Germany at BBS at the moment. Might end up running TE37's 18x10.5 +12 and a big boy spacers lol.