SAU Community

Superlap Timeattack Is Ago!

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ours looks a lot like this one. It's powder coated red. I will have some in the toolbox at Oran Park if you need one.

towrears_02.jpg

Thanks Dave where did you mount that? It looks like it is on the body work?

The problem with the Nissan front end is that the chassis rail is too far behind the front bumper, i have one of those sparco ones here and the only place where it actually will hang out the front of the car is off the reo and that will not be strong enough if i am stuck in the sand. :blush: .

Beer Baron are you sure that i can use my factory tow point even if you have to look through the front bar to see it? I have plenty of those tow stickers to label the area. I would much rather use the factory one as it is very strong.

you don't even really need that scroth thing if you still have factory tow hooks.

all you need is a loop about 8 inches long. you feed it through your tow hook, then through itself. so it's now gripped onto the tow hook, with a nice loop to poke out through your bumper. shoudl cost about $10-$20.

like this kind of material.

200x150_20030_2.jpg

I wouldn't suggest using that webbing type or any other type of load bearing sling in that manner i.e. looping it through itself.

While it might seem like its works, in a situation when a decent load is applied it wont work as designed and could break easily.

best way is to get connectors added to it so that it is made to suit. not bodged to suit.

That is why I suggested bullivants or blackwoods.

hey Chris, yeah sorry I missed you at Wakefield. Hopefully it will be a bit drier this weekend! Then again, a bit of rain would help slow the more powerful cars down a bit...

Im trying to find sme info such as entry price, what time does it start, etc etc...sorry if its in an obvious place

Spectator entry is $15, kids under 14(?) free. I'd expect first cars on the track by 9.30.

Word of advice: take a seat or blanket unless you intend to sit up in the grandstand.

Rather than racing?!?!?!

Japan is huge on motorsport. I race there every year.

I have a nice little warm up for superlap. I am away with MOTOR magazine for the week testing 20 new cars for 'Bang For Your Buck'

We have one Nissan in the field of cars, the 350Z. I will be thrashing the EVO X, Sti, WRX, XR6t sedan and ute, 1 FPV something, SS sedan and ute, 1 HSV something, R26 F1 Renault, JCW Cooper S, 135 BMW and a few more that I just cannot remember :laugh:

Bang has an $80,000 price cap, so no mega exotics.

All pro drives race around the world dont they bozo :)

Ryan, I've never seen a skyline with a standard front bar that has useable tow hooks (ie without ripping the bar off).

We used to use a hook like LotusDave mounted to where the reo goes to the chasis, through a small flat hole in the bar. but it is always there (or you have a hole in your bar) and you hit your shins every time you walk around the car

As I said above we went to webbing strap (old trailer tie down strap) which has worked fine (yes I test these things pretty much every race meet :P ) Its the blue strap under the unifilter sticker.

tow_strap.jpg

The rear of a 32 is easy you can put shackels through the small tow loops. But the front is a pain.

Hope all the last minute stuff is coming together for everyone, its great to finally see a decent number of imports on the track competing instead of living in garages or on the internet

Ryan, I've never seen a skyline with a standard front bar that has useable tow hooks (ie without ripping the bar off).

We used to use a hook like LotusDave mounted to where the reo goes to the chasis, through a small flat hole in the bar. but it is always there (or you have a hole in your bar) and you hit your shins every time you walk around the car

As I said above we went to webbing strap (old trailer tie down strap) which has worked fine (yes I test these things pretty much every race meet :ermm: ) Its the blue strap under the unifilter sticker.

tow_strap.jpg

The rear of a 32 is easy you can put shackels through the small tow loops. But the front is a pain.

Hope all the last minute stuff is coming together for everyone, its great to finally see a decent number of imports on the track competing instead of living in garages or on the internet

Cool Pic Duncan! :wave:

Cant wait for Saturday going to be interesting to say the least..

Lets hope the rain stays away! :P

Saturday

Fine.

City: Min: 9 Max: 17

West: Min: 5 Max: 17

Good on you Harry. Glad you are coming down to have some fun.

Do you still have the Datto?

Thanks Boz. I've still got the Datto mate. Looking forward to having a run at Lakeside in it now that the place is finally open again. Its an unreal track and only 10minutes from home :P Just have to quieten the Datto down a bit first...

just thought id get the thread back on topic after that horriffic last post...

http://www.ptcc.net.au/laprecords.php

edit..sh1t no Oran Park Records..bummer...actually i dont think you guys want to know how quick Luke is there.

Is this sticker racing or Shoulda gunna race meeting, I should have done this and going to do that.

Hey Dirtgarage Robin Racing, I will nominate you for fastest time at Oran. They obviously don't know.

Is this sticker racing or Shoulda gunna race meeting, I should have done this and going to do that.

Hey Dirtgarage Robin Racing, I will nominate you for fastest time at Oran. They obviously don't know.

I was beginning to think the event was on today...its been awfully quiet in here.

Thanks Uncle John...i knew i could count on you to get things moving again.

Hey ive been chatting to your fellow mariner up at Amec...top fella

Edited by DiRTgarage