SAU Community

Superlap Timeattack Is Ago!

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dave(blitzxtr) Was great to finally meet you and see that GTR in action,for 16psi it sure did hammer.

Dave and i had a ball considering our car only did 4 laps...two of them on pace. Engine wanted to share oil with engine bay due to a poorly designed catch tank system for circuit racing. Rather than sending it out risking putting oil on the track we decided to park it and live to fight another day.

1.18.5 is pretty good first time out and we have an idea where the set-up needs to go to better balance the car. Factory brembo's need to go and some SAU Vic. style anchors need installing.

kerchow, first excuse posted already! John P do you have any copies of the GTR driver's excuse book you can post up some excerpts from?

Well done to LotusDave's offsider for taking out the day, Mark for keeping the GTRs near the top of the table, and very honourable mention to Dave/BSM in 3rd by only 1/10th. And John for piloting John's boat home in 5th. Those top cars are absolutely flying around there.

And good on all the SAU NSW entrants for giving it a go!

Can we not let QSR turn up next time? fubared sessions 2 and 3 for me....thats my escuse, Them! my fastest time was the first session...I think 3rd lap!

Perhaps we should start a superlap wrap up thread?

kerchow, first excuse posted already!

Well done to LotusDave's offsider for taking out the day, Mark for keeping the GTRs near the top of the table, and very honourable mention to Dave/BSM in 3rd by only 1/10th. And John for piloting John's boat home in 5th. Those top cars are absolutely flying around there.

And good on all the SAU NSW entrants for giving it a go!

excuse for what?? putting in an outstanding effort in first event? or considering other competitors when people were pressuring us to send a car out that i knew was dropping oil?

i dont need to make excuses for that sort of effort...im proud of it.

you dont need an excuse for your busted RB26's Duncan...its expected by now. :(

Although...thanks for the last comment...at least we are giving it a go mate. Its a lot more exciting than drag racing and Dave and i are keen for the next event.

Edited by DiRTgarage

kerchow, first excuse posted already! John P do you have any copies of the GTR driver's excuse book you can post up some excerpts from?

I have a copy handy here and if you flick to page 17 you will see excuse no. 53....

"John Penlington fu(ked with it"

that was fun. Well done to all. Great cars driven fast. Might have to build a proper SL car for next year. :(

it was great watching your car dave.

seeing the different corner entries and exits. some cars very settled and others on the raggedy edge.

it reminds me of the old touring car days. different solutions to the same problem....trying to go faster.

thanks to all the guys that entered.

a top event!!!! congrats superlap/hioctane a top job!!!

my excuse:

on hot lap broke gearstick off picking third gear onto front straight had to roll up to start\finish lap then pull off track.

motec data says( WOULD OF BEEN) 1:12.5 doh

congrats to all drivers

dave

BSM :(

^Shouldn't be aplogising for those, some good stuff in there.

Great day, ran pretty smoothly apart from a few minor incidents (an upside down Evo being one). Good to see alot of great cars being pushed to their limits (and beyond).

Lofty, what happened in the shootout? Car or brain failure?:( Congrats to the lotus boys and HiOctane racing, that GTR is a beast, and very aggressively driven (made for some great photos).

Evil, how did QSR stuff up your other sessions? was there oil on the track after he drove the ailing rx7 around for 3/4 of a lap? I don't think he'd done that sort of event before by the looks of things - first lap out he used the drift/motorcycle part of the track in the karting complex...

Anyway, I had a good day spectating, will post up some photos later.

Hey everyone no excuses for me I am stoked. Had a great day considering the amount of track time our group got 17 laps ( thanks QSR :D ) Thanks to all the SAU peoples that showed up it really helped the confidence coming down pit lane. And congrats to Chris I felt your frustration in the second and third sessions but I suppose that is racing???? We will have to get better so next time we can be in group 2 or maybe 1 :(

Congratulations to the winners and the drivers of the landcruzer for not falling over through turn 1, that car flys in a straight line OMG.

PS: Neil my car does sound shit now :)

Cheers,

Ryan

Chris 06r

Well, he would pull over to let Ryan and I overtake...but when we got next to him he'd gas it up and try and get back in front of us. Ryan made a good move under brakes, but I wasnt too confident with his driving style, that I waited for straights....even then he'd move over again and then try and race me, then cut back in and would miss me by a meter or 2, pretty close!! Its a sprint, not door to door! lol I dont know what he was thinking?

I have no sympathy for his motor now!!!

Ryan - Very well done on your time mate, you did great!!

I still enjoyed the day, great range of cars, and the new people that I met were good blokes too!

edit - wow Jase, awesome shots mate! nice one!

I still enjoyed the day, great range of cars, and the new people that I met were good blokes too!

good to meet you today...always good to put a face to the name. Well done on your times today.

Johnny hope you have Mika Hakkinen booked for EC at next event.

You will need him :(

Edited by blitzxtr

blitzxtr - cheers, same with you mate! and cheers for the lend of the trolly jack!

oh yeah, that landcruiser, awesome!!!!!

does anyone know the specs or the modifications etc etc??

it haulled arse big time!

All I seen was that it was turbo charged - and assuming it was the stock motor (being in clubsprint class) it was a inline 6.

Plenum was almost as big as the head! and turbo was a big fark off one.

LSD, suspension and brakes.........

etc.