SAU Community

Superlap Timeattack Is Ago!

I suppose he was busy with work :P It was the first car i went looking for, was keen to see a few R32 GTSt with good power and how they handled the back part of OP. Adz seems to be struggling with his and it has even less power then a 30 would be making.

And Johhny P, surely there is a panel shop out there that will do you the service of spraying the old girl for some panel space on what has to be one of the coolest and more original cars getting around at the tracks of the east coast? A liclk of paint and some tidy up and it would be a new car! :(

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks to the local exhaust place, my car is now running again and able to be driven. Next stop is the panel shop for the rear bar and supports....

Some great photos getting around...

3 seconds before impact !!!!!

Rear shot of complete tosser... "jeez Brett, the front of your car doesn't look too good" says the old dude

I'm glad your car is OK. I saw the front of the MRT car and wondered what he had been up to.

The day started with a laugh for me - 1st session Middleton came in to check tyre temps. The front brakes caught fire - really on fire. We're yelling send it back out (only way to cool them) as they stand there looking at it. :laughing-smiley-014:

As for the event, I think a 2 day format might be the go. More time for socializing and more time to run single car superlap.

Oh, and that line he is taking in the photo is a joke. No wonder he hit you. NO WAY should he have been that close to anyone at any point. This is not racing!!!!! Back off to give yourself and others some space then get on it.

Yeh, shows the proximity to the car in front coming up to a blind crest just before a big stop where a car has already rolled :P He should have been using a lot more grey matter. :(

2641624251_3fd03184c3_o.jpg

LOL, his line also shows why he was quick, he was really hammering over the ripple strip, looks to be very little ground clearance in that shot! He was up the thing for sure! Shame, because he was quick and hammering out good times, just didnt seem to make any sense , unless he was trying out for the Blue Angels or the Roulettes. :/

well aaron took it fairly well. I can think of half a dozen folks that wouldn't have been so cool and would have hit back. and not on the track... in the pits. haha. you should see the red faces when two GT3 cup cars come together. kevlar porsche motor sport bumper costs about $8K so a little tap on the bum usually gets a little tap on the face in return... :P not that I condone that type of thing.

I have to go with mr lotus here. following an 'unknown' car and driver that close over the flip-flop is always asking for trouble. there is no room for error there and the braking distance is so different between drivers and cars. with only one real racing line it's a risky business.

yeah the line is ok. it's definately the fast way through. just straight line the whole thing and hold on. have to commit pretty hard and just hang on. it's nast as hell on the car though.

ZOMG finally caught up to the thread. I shouldn't have started from April...

Congrats to all the SAUers out giving it a go and then some. Must be a weird feeling for some on streeters if you're used to semi's. I don't remember the last time I did OP on streeters. Did we have this discussion already or does it seem like Federal 595RS shouldn't really be classed as semis? I've have a pair and I love them but would class them as grippy street tyres that wear very well on the track. They would make a good control tyre for the class if they have the sizes available.

Also, does anyone know how the evo managed to roll it? I'm never confidant I've got the right line over the flip flop.

seriously, someone please give fatz a drive. he doesn't charge much, just 1 meat pie and 3 tinnies for lunch and 2 meat pies and 12 tinnies for dinner. for that you get 1 days driving service. he is tops. heaps better than bozzo or lofty even. and if he's driving he can't get into any mischief and can't embarrass me any more than usual.

tell the people how good you are fatz. record holder for most dohnuts on the hill before being asked to leave by eastern creek management if I recall correctly... umm, most laps done whilst dragging exhaust. pioneer of the "full sick-o-meter".

seriously, someone please give fatz a drive. he doesn't charge much, just 1 meat pie and 3 tinnies for lunch and 2 meat pies and 12 tinnies for dinner. for that you get 1 days driving service. he is tops. heaps better than bozzo or lofty even. and if he's driving he can't get into any mischief and can't embarrass me any more than usual.

tell the people how good you are fatz. record holder for most dohnuts on the hill before being asked to leave by eastern creek management if I recall correctly... umm, most laps done whilst dragging exhaust. pioneer of the "full sick-o-meter".

lol

that bbq put a massive dent in the back of the boot ... good banggers though

and although the home made side pipe scraped the whole lap it was cool!

and yes i own the record for donuts on the grass hill at ec and getting a gtr bogged while doing it!!!! fat blokes in the back was the casue i recon!

and yes someone let me drive i garentee a fast lap .. or as i like to call it now ill BSM it through the sand trap!

Edited by fatz

Oh Fatz, i would give you the keys to my car. But i do really believe you are a man ahead of your time. I dont think people would be prepared to witness the outcome. They sure wouldnt be able to use words to describe what they would see :woot: