SAU Community

Superlap Timeattack Is Ago!

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow this is getting outta hand, ease up fellas!! Share the love!!!!

Maybe superlap should not allow any driver to drive more than one car in the event, that will seperate the men from the boys.

The real winner here is Bozzman, he got to flog 2 cars around the track without paying a cent. :PBJ:

Anyway, where was gtr jason?? car wasn't ready?? (seriously)

From my point of view, none of the driver's really shone in this event. The cars were all doing the times expected and no one really stood out. On average, it was average driving with maybe the exception of the Lead Lotus, that wasn't expected and probably the only car that looked like it had pace... :D

:(

Wow, I think a large number of people would disagree with you there, including me! :yes:

Our driver is not a paid professional (drives for his dads BMW team) but we thought in the spirit of the event and good sportsmanship it would be best to enter open class. Unfortunately not everyone is as sporting as we are.

Is that like saying Paul Morris is not a paid professional and just drives for his dads little V8 supercar team :D

And I did not have a chance to check out the talent. So can anyone 'please explain'

Edited by Bozman1

Our driver is not a paid professional (drives for his dads BMW team) but we thought in the spirit of the event and good sportsmanship it would be best to enter open class. Unfortunately not everyone is as sporting as we are.

Is that like saying Paul Morris is not a paid professional and just drives for his dads little V8 supercar team :(

hey...its over on the last page...why carry it on...you asked for someone else to be picked on...ok your not illiterate...but maybe a little stupid :D

and Paul Morris doesnt drive the car for his dad...he crashes it for him.

Edited by DiRTgarage

so Whats this Dirt Garage. Your first track day? And you're already trying to tell them how to run the show.

How about STFU. learn the lie of the land, And then, If you still dont like it, Put you're own nuts on the line and start your own show with your own rules.

Until the rules change or you do the above then it is what it is. Stop farkin whinging and let others enjoy what was obviously a memorable track day.

I meant the line Middleton was taking in that photo was crazy given the position of the car in front of him. They must have been nose to tail entering the dogleg and you just do not dive over the strips in that case. As for our car, we use as much of the strips ass pos bearing in mind our ride height and the weight of the car as Boz points out.

I am hearing you Dave Mac

I still can't believe that Brett tagged a car at a sprint.

There was one situation that I was in, were a GTR would not let me pass. To be honest he probably did not know I was even there, so why stick it up the inside. I thought I still have another 2 sessions.

I think the word is patience :blush:

no wonder my car is so slow . driving around on two wheels . just think how much fast i am if i used four . great shot peddler

Edited by STRETCH

of course, and that is always the trick at supersprints - finding a quiet piece of track with no traffic so you can set your best time. Presumably the issue for Brett was that he was right at the end of that quick lap, he caught another car, and wanted to minimise the time lost. Remembering that he would quickly loose a whole second or 2 on that lap which means he has to throw the whole thing away.

Not saying it wasn't a very amatuer mistake thought......

so Whats this Dirt Garage. Your first track day? And you're already trying to tell them how to run the show.

How about STFU. learn the lie of the land, And then, If you still dont like it, Put you're own nuts on the line and start your own show with your own rules.

Until the rules change or you do the above then it is what it is. Stop farkin whinging and let others enjoy what was obviously a memorable track day.

No need to be rude buddy, am i not entitled to a point of view or opinion. We were a paid entrant at this event...were you?Unfortunately that a lot of other people on here have said the same thing, they just dont have the balls to do it publicly. Like i said earlier...its over on the other page...no need to continue. BTW definately not my 1st track day.

FFS even the promoter said he wont let it happen again...

lets move on shall we.

Edited by DiRTgarage

I would prefer rules similar to the QLD Timeattack series:

A: Street Class:

The Vehicle must be constructed by a major manufacture.

Must have a rear exiting exhaust system with a muffler.

Must be road registered.

Must have OEM glass.

Must have OEM doors.

Must have both front seats (can have a race seat and a standard seat) and basic interior in the front half of the cabin. (Removal of carpet, stereo etc and liner allowed but not the dash)

Must not have in cabin adjustable brake bias / pedal box.

Must have DOT approved street legal tyres. Tyres must not have “For race use only” or “Not for highway use” marked on them. The tyres cannot be grooved slicks etc (See tyre register thread for further details)

I think that looks like a good set of rules for the proposed intermediate class. :blush:

of course, and that is always the trick at supersprints - finding a quiet piece of track with no traffic so you can set your best time. Presumably the issue for Brett was that he was right at the end of that quick lap, he caught another car, and wanted to minimise the time lost. Remembering that he would quickly loose a whole second or 2 on that lap which means he has to throw the whole thing away.

Not saying it wasn't a very amatuer mistake thought......

He was up the GTRs clacker from just after the bridge. I simply think he was having too much fun giving the big GTR on street tyres a hurry up. :blush:

Hi, I'm new here but let me stir up some shit by saying, I don't know what the fuss is all about with "pro drivers" and what not class etc etc

From my point of view, none of the driver's really shone in this event. The cars were all doing the times expected and no one really stood out. On average, it was average driving with maybe the exception of the Lead Lotus, that wasn't expected and probably the only car that looked like it had pace... :laugh:

So really, I don't think any of these are worth arguing about, the event has come and gone. ;)

Well said while standing on the pit wall and not having a go. Top effort to join the forum yesterday and then procede to inform us of your valued opinion on the driver talent invovled in the event. You should turn up and show everyone how it is done at the next event :blush:

He was up the GTRs clacker from just after the bridge. I simply think he was having too much fun giving the big GTR on street tyres a hurry up. :blush:

It was my first shot at a good lap in the third session. I was letting the other cars in front of me get some space before hitting it which allowed him to get close on the lap before. I saw him hovering all over the back of me from the bridge but this was my first real flyer and his lap was already finished. He wasn't going to pass me on the straight without me backing off and if he tried that it would have killed both our laps. The knob should have rolled off like I did on the prior lap. I reckon he cost me a top 5 finish. I got pushed out of the top 5 in the third session by a 10th...

Next time I will research tyres better. I had Falken RT615s. Jack (JAGR33) aka the Stig had RE-01Rs. I just did some googling and came up with this.

RT615 = UTQG 200

RE070 = UTQG 140

RE-01R = UTQG 180AA

RE55 = UTQG 40 (this is what we are set up for)

Toyo R1R = 140AA.

We should of bought the Toyos instead..... No wonder we were slipping around..... It was fun, but certainly wasn't quick....

A huge congrats to Elias .

I still remember Elias coming in for the first time about 5 years and asking me what i thought about turboing his S2 . We took the job on and built what turned out to be one very reliable fast car . Johns correct in saying that engine has done over 50 thousand race and dyno klms. I have never seen a car that has been thrashed so much .

John , Elias has always spoken highly of you and your talents . Well done mate .

The car has also run a 10.7 sec 1/4 mile time ( slicks ) , an every day street driven S2000 world record .

It has been an awesome test bed for researching intercooling , cooling systems , inlet and exhaust manifolds , turbos and engine components for Plazmaman .

Thanks to all involved ( Tom - 20/20 smash , crew chief Rob - the towie , John Boston , Scott - Insight , Con - diff technics ) with the vehicle , with out your help , this would not be a reality for Elias .

Alex and Oyay

Plazmaman Racing