SAU Community

Superlap Timeattack Is Ago!

I know its a bit early to be asking, but where will the 2nd superlap be held??

i have to get my car ready... seems like time attack events is going to be the new thing, rather then racing (like in japan)!

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rather than racing?!?!?!

Japan is huge on motorsport. I race there every year.

I have a nice little warm up for superlap. I am away with MOTOR magazine for the week testing 20 new cars for 'Bang For Your Buck'

We have one Nissan in the field of cars, the 350Z. I will be thrashing the EVO X, Sti, WRX, XR6t sedan and ute, 1 FPV something, SS sedan and ute, 1 HSV something, R26 F1 Renault, JCW Cooper S, 135 BMW and a few more that I just cannot remember :(

Bang has an $80,000 price cap, so no mega exotics.

i rather set-up my car for time attacks, less cost involved in damages me thinks (supersprints ect) so much cheaper then racing....

Edited by Dave R

hi all

tick tick tick , its getting close.

need to get engine parts soon!!!!

aaaaahhhhhhh!!

dave

ps dave (mackie) top up your credit card its gunna be your shout buddy.

Edited by lofty

hi all

aaaaahhhhhhh!!

dave

if we let him know our preferred brew now it may save him a few $$ by placing a bulk order...hehe

well I just faxed my entry form in :D just running the Supra in Clubsprint class. Its nothing special, just want to have some fun at Oran Park before it closes and see some of these bad arse open cars in action. See you guys there!

hi all

aaaaahhhhhhh!!

dave

umm, last time I saw him grabbing beers he said david loftus would pick up the check?

anyway, I reckon the winner shouts... that should see the times blow out a bit. :D

Hey I am having some issues with the tow hooks. My front one is concealed behind my front bumper how visible is everyone else’s? If I remove the front bumper which takes 2 minutes you can see it great. Will I have to mt an aftermarket one? There is not really any spots on the front of an R33 to mt a tow hook?

Duncan you were mentioning about some wire rope extended to your front bumper, do you have any photos of this? Does the wire rope have to be load rated?

Hey I am having some issues with the tow hooks. My front one is concealed behind my front bumper how visible is everyone else’s? If I remove the front bumper which takes 2 minutes you can see it great. Will I have to mt an aftermarket one? There is not really any spots on the front of an R33 to mt a tow hook?

Duncan you were mentioning about some wire rope extended to your front bumper, do you have any photos of this? Does the wire rope have to be load rated?

even if it's visually concealed by the bumper, but it can still be used without removing the bumper then you can just place one of the 'TOW' stickers that have the arrow to point where it is. the sticker pack that race and rally speedzone sell has those on it. costs $5 and has tow, blue triangle etc. all you need. and a quarter the price of the revolution racegear ones.

Thanks mate, but I'm after a strap for the front of the car, this one to be precise: http://www.racerindustries.com/store/index...products_id=347

Just don't want to pay their asking price considering it's so much cheaper here: http://www.gprdirect.com/OnlineShop/Produc...c=250&g=822

I don't like being screwed on price :(

you don't even really need that scroth thing if you still have factory tow hooks.

all you need is a loop about 8 inches long. you feed it through your tow hook, then through itself. so it's now gripped onto the tow hook, with a nice loop to poke out through your bumper. shoudl cost about $10-$20.

like this kind of material.

200x150_20030_2.jpg