SAU Community

150 Rwkw On A R32 Gtr! (update 6 Apr)

Hey mate!

Those Stats mate are they at the Rear Wheels??

Hey man!

Yah they are, though from my experience, theres not too much difference between RWD and 4WD.

Def doesn't account for what you seem to be missing.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey man!

Yah they are, though from my experience, theres not too much difference between RWD and 4WD.

Def doesn't account for what you seem to be missing.

He's Gunna check the Cat tomorrow to see if thats the problem?? Could be some Blockage or something restricting flow?? If that aint work then i'm stuck with a GTR running like a GTS-T!!!

could be the dyno calibration, the ramp rates, air temp sensor not used

what kind of dyno is it?

i know my old 120,000km '93 GT-R made 262rwkW on two separate occasions on a DynoDynamics in shootout mode with only the following mods- Microtech LTX12 (map sensed), boost set at ~ 16psi, front pipes, 3.5" zorst, and an Exedy twinplate clutch.

check ur a/f meter and make sure ur air flow ratio is not rich by heaps.

u shoulda just bought a GTS-t lol, mine made 168 with exhaust and fmic, which u got both lol

oh well good luck finding out ur problems

How does the car feel?

Dyno's can read low.

On the other hand

1/4 mile figures don't...especially for a GTR.

Take it out to a local drag strip.....if your in the mid 13's....your on the money.

The truth is...your engine could be great...but your engine management is set to run

all RB26DETT motors.

If you want your car stock...get a good exhaust..this will free up some more power.

If you want 12's in your car or even 11's..a lot more needs to be addressed beside just slapping in a computer

and tuning it.

The Car has been very slugish for over 3 years Now!! Doesnt get dynoed that much cause i dont drive it hard!! So now that i have moved to Townsville from Darwin i had the chance to put it on the dyno to see what it was running and now this problem!!

If you want 12's in your car or even 11's..a lot more needs to be addressed beside just slapping in a computer

and tuning it.

R32 GT-R's can run easy, repeatable solid 12 sec quarters with only ECU, boost, exhaust and clutch changes (the standard one would likely be well stuffed by now). that's common knowledge.

Change the rest of your xhaust. Your cat is probably all torn apart and jamming everything up. Find a 2nd hand cat back, do something with the stock cat or fit a highflow. My brother has a stock Gtr with a built motor & steel wheeled 34 gtr turbos. Stock it was slow. Changed the Y pipe and new HF cat and cat back 3" and goes a lot better now. Easy 20kw+

If you dont want to spend a lot buy a gauge and a ball/spring type bleed valve to go with the pipe. Wind it up to 13-14. will really wake it up.

Have you got boost?

Does your blow off valves work?

Could be a vacuum leek....maybe...could even be your fuel pump.

AFM's could be faulty...when you say sluggish...do you mean non responsive?

There are alot of things that can cause this....even dirty injectors.

Maybe..it is just a stuffed cat.....

Have you got boost?

Does your blow off valves work?

Could be a vacuum leek....maybe...could even be your fuel pump.

AFM's could be faulty...when you say sluggish...do you mean non responsive?

There are alot of things that can cause this....even dirty injectors.

Maybe..it is just a stuffed cat.....

Now Ya got me thinking with all the above Faults now!! lol!

At the moment its only Running 1 BOV with both lines Y junction into Base of Blow Off Valves! (other One is Blocked!)

Mechanice Said the AFM's are Running all good!

And when i say it's slugish, acceleration is Very poor! Still remeber the days when i was put back in the seat! These Days i swear a Hyundai Could beat me at the Lights and that aint Good!!!

R32 GT-R's can run easy, repeatable solid 12 sec quarters with only ECU, boost, exhaust and clutch changes (the standard one would likely be well stuffed by now). that's common knowledge.

Yes you have just listed.....

ECU $800..Tune $800,

Exhaust..$800 Fitting $200

Clutch $1315 "Approx Jim Berry Type" Fitting $500

Let me see.........$4500 odd of mods.... :laughing-smiley-014:

Do it to many times on a GTR32...and your Turbo's will die..your fuel pump will stop..your timing belt will

snap..all causing major mechanical problems. Unless off course you have upgraded all these.

Let me see...another... :P $5000

Mine made 184rwkw on racepace dyno when I first got it - stock everything minus boost controller @ 13psi (turned this back down!) and apexi pods.

Was informed it was a pretty good result considering mods.

Thats still pretty Good!

Alot better then my GTS-T is running, oh wait its a GTR!!!! (runnin like a GTS-T at the moment!)

Do it to many times on a GTR32...and your Turbo's will die..your fuel pump will stop..your timing belt will

snap..all causing major mechanical problems. Unless off course you have upgraded all these.

Let me see...another... :P $5000

:P

Now Ya got me thinking with all the above Faults now!! lol!

At the moment its only Running 1 BOV with both lines Y junction into Base of Blow Off Valves! (other One is Blocked!)

Mechanice Said the AFM's are Running all good!

And when i say it's slugish, acceleration is Very poor! Still remeber the days when i was put back in the seat! These Days i swear a Hyundai Could beat me at the Lights and that aint Good!!!

A faulty blow off valve and the way you have described your fix firstly has to be corrected.

Then get a new cat..if it is faulty.

You will then need to reset your computer...I think you are in limp mode