SAU Community

100,000KM Service

Mr R32 M-Spec

I am coming up to mine in the next 2 weeks.

I am considering getting it done at Kingswood nissan, they know about the bearings that are supposed to be checked aswell.

what doesn't everyone else think? should it be there or does everyone have a shop they suggest?

R32 GTST skyline. 1993 model Type M

Kingswood quoted $395.00 without the bearings. more towards $700 something with them, if needed.

cheers guys

The bearings refered to are the tensioner bearings that keep the timing belt tight, cause they break off, say good bye to your engine for a while :P

what did you mean "turbo end float" ?

Thanks, are these bushes or ball bearngs. As for end float I should of had "shaft" in there, a quick explaination just in case.

As the bearings (thrust washers in particular) in the turbo cartridge wear, this will increase the turbo shaft end float, (in & out movement of the shaft) to much end float & the impellars can start to machine the inside of the housings.

you'll need a turbo rebuild to fix that!!

i attached a photo (from the forums) and circled the bearings refered to!!! from memory i think there are 2 to keep the belt tight.... really hard to get to. have to take the radiator, fan etc off to get to them!!!