SAU Community

Cheap Turbo Timer Advice

sida102

Hey all,

couldnt find any discussion on these things elsewhere.

On Ebay atm there is a guy in vic selling MARS brand turbo timers for $50 ($60 buy it now). Just wondering if anyone had used them before or if there was a better/cheaper alternative. If there crap ill pay for a better one but trying to save cash for better stuff (like a new front bar).

LINKY

thanks in advance

my advice is don't buy one at all. they are a waste of time and space in your car. I have had one in most of my cars, and they all shit me. I've only bought one once when I was about 19 because I thought it would be cool, and it show'd speed, lap times etc too. since then they have all just been in cars that I bought, and if I wasn't so lazy I probably would have ripped them out. :banana:

it's far better practice to just take it easy for the last few mins of driving, let the car idle for 30 seconds or so then shut it off. :D

my advice is don't buy one at all. they are a waste of time and space in your car. I have had one in most of my cars, and they all shit me. I've only bought one once when I was about 19 because I thought it would be cool, and it show'd speed, lap times etc too. since then they have all just been in cars that I bought, and if I wasn't so lazy I probably would have ripped them out. :banana:

it's far better practice to just take it easy for the last few mins of driving, let the car idle for 30 seconds or so then shut it off. :D

one of the first things i got a mate to do while helping me install a head unit was get him to turn the thing off.. cut earth wire and its all good! and no longer works!

and i absolutely hate turbo timers.

+1 on that or if you want one spend the extra $$ and get an apexi pen tiny gives you a/f and volts as well

thanks for the input (and speedy reply) :banana:

space doesnt really metter because its one of those pen size ones. Also i tend to flog my car on the way to work cos im late (Uni + work on the same day not a good idea) so i dont really have time to let it idle with me still in the car.

anyone else have a view on this?

EDIT: man you guys reply fast lol

Edited by sida102

thanks for the input (and speedy reply) :banana:

space doesnt really metter because its one of those pen size ones. Also i tend to flog my car on the way to work cos im late (Uni + work on the same day not a good idea) so i dont really have time to let it idle with me still in the car.

anyone else have a view on this?

EDIT: man you guys reply fast lol

be on time.. and let the car run for that 30 seconds while you shift thru crap in your car and gather wat you need for the day at work.. or put your shoes on with the car running.. its quite easy to do that 30 seconds or more of stuff before goin into work/uni