SAU Community

Rb 26 Into A R32 Gts-t Worth It?

Hello

I was wondering if its worth putting a RB 26DETT into a R32 GTS-T? What are the good points and bad points?

I found a engine so wanted to know before I started mod my RB20

Thanks

Help

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello

I was wondering if its worth putting a RB 26DETT into a R32 GTS-T? What are the good points and bad points?

Thanks

Help

you ever seen the GTST 2GU UP?? Thats got an RB26/30 in it..that shows its worth it..its just whether you wanna spend the money

Hey man,

From what i read on here, looking at Shaun's gorgeous white R32 with a 26 in it and others, RB25 will make the power you need. When you need more power then one can make, your getting to the point where you cant put it down properally.

Try and grab Shaun's ear for a chat bout it :D

Hello

Thanks

Help

Nope, not worth it IMO

It depends how deep your pockets are!

I was in a situation where i had imported a late model R32 gtst that was in awesome condition, and i had reached the upper limits of power for the RB20. A 25 wasnt a huge step up, so i decided on the 26. Also, the 26 is more appealing to the eye than a 20/25 in my opinion.

If i had my time over again, i would probably just by an R32 gtr and develop that; but when i started, r32 gtr's were still above $32000, and i couldnt afford that.

If its gonna be a daily driver, i dont believe the massive outlay in money is worth it. Id probably capitalise on someone elses loss and buy a modified gtr, and then add your finishing touches.

Thanks for the kind words GeeTR!

PS i passed my engineering inspection today, so now i can register my car (another headache with an RB26 into a gtst!)

Shaun.

Depends what your budget is, how much you can do yourself? If any? What do you want to use the car for and what are your power goals?

I’m a firm believer it’s a worthy conversion if you don’t have to pay someone. The initial outlay for an rb26 may out weigh the cost of throwing in a mild rb25 for example.

Have you thought about trying to find a Gtst with an rb26 already in it? My mate picked up R32 with a built/forged rb26, motec ecu ect makes 420rwhp on 11psi for $18k!

I sold my R32 gtst with an rb25 stroker motor and trust gearbox for $22k, recently made 730hp at the flywheel on an engine dyno.

Bargains are out there if you look.. Cash in on someone else’s money pit

No.......not worth it at all...

Unless you have a micky mouse 32...and I mean $5K paint, custom interior, gauges etc etc.

If I were you.....get a GTR32....at least your less likely to wrap yourself around a pole.

^^^^^ What does that mean??

As a paramedic, ive seen plenty of gtr's wrapped around poles; such as the blue R34 gtr in which three were killed a few years ago on the central coast. Obviously, its how you drive it.

I agree that you've got to figure out what you want to achieve with the car, and if your going to keep it, because you'll never get your money back.

But at the price of r32 gtr's atm, you'd be hard pressed not to buy one and modify it. Your gtst with 26 will never be a gtr. Hence, when R34 gtr's hit $30k im gettin one!

Shaun.

As with all of the above it totally depends on what you want to do with the car. But if you're looking to put that power down in a straight line forget it - unless you've got some serious tread on the back. I drove my GTR for a week with the 4wd fuse pulled and under full power is a masive handful, the torque is out of control! And that's a in car they weighs quite a bit more than a GTS-T.

Now I know there's sh!tloads of cars out there with umpteen power and only 2WD but IMO having the traction just makes it more useable - unless of course you just want to drift the thing.

Also, the 26 is more appealing to the eye than a 20/25 in my opinion.

I may have been incorrectly informed but cant you swap the RB26 Tappet cover/cam pulley covers onto an RB25? If you have a front facing plenum that is? havnt seen it, but have been told so correct me if need be.

This way you have a more visually appealing RB25 than your average RB25 :thumbsup:

^^^^^ What does that mean??

Shaun.

I stated less likely... :D

If you want to go around a corner at 100ks' an hour. :rofl: .

I know which car I would prefer to be in for safety.

By all means I am not in couraging dangerous driving.

Why would you need 400RWKW's in a R32 anyway........blow your tyres up with maybe :D

Hello

Thanks

Help

Mod your RB20......but don't spend to much money on it.

Buy second hand parts and just enjoy the drive.

If your looking for a faster car...get a faster car.

That is all.

you ever seen the GTST 2GU UP?? Thats got an RB26/30 in it..that shows its worth it..its just whether you wanna spend the money

the only reason that ones worth it is because its a 3L....not because its got a 26 in it

Mod your RB20......but don't spend to much money on it.

Buy second hand parts and just enjoy the drive.

If your looking for a faster car...get a faster car.

That is all.

Why do people put down the 32? I think the body style is much better than the 33. If I could afford a R34 gtt, I would buy that. I like the handling of the 32. I know with the mods I am going to do I will get 300 hp but I wanted to check with the RB26 because if it is possible, I would put that in. I think the body and set up of the 32 is fine especially compared to other cars. I would rather have a 32 than a Subaru or Mitsubishi. I drove a R33 gts-t and that is too big and ugly for me. I feel these(32s) are already fast cars, maybe not the fastest but I think still in stock form not bad. I have thought of putting the RB25 in there but with the amount it would cost to properly put one in my car, I can mod my 20 for less.

Is it really worth it to put a RB25 in there? I heard somewhere that they are faster and have more torque in stock form but the RB20 is tougher and last longer. What does everyone think?

Edited by 335

If you have 15-20k you could get it built but like alot of people have already mentioned if you know what to avoid and you do relevant checks you may be able to buy a converted 32 already done by someone else and save a sh*tload.

big power 26 engines with killer top end at higher revs suit 4wd drivetrain IMO, im pretty biased on this but other setups rb25 or 30 with lower power but more torque are more usable on the street and cost less to buy. When you think about it the only time you'll get to put you foot down for more than 5 secs is going to be at a track in a controlled enviroment anyway.

26 in a 32gtst not worth it.