SAU Community

White Sii Stagea Stolen Good Friday

ShadowKnyght

shocking dude sounds like a real headf**k.... cant stand people that steal cars and then strip them..... we as the owners grow way to many gray hairs during these periods... i hope insurance sorts it out and they diddnt damage ur engine/driveline too much while giving it a boot full

good luck

yeah - hopefully not to much damage to the engine - they appear to have done 40 to 50km in it - up old belair road most likely - joy riding around the bends... either that or simply hunting for some place to park and strip the car.

Shannons advised me at the time of insuring that the car with central locking met their criteria and that I would not get any further discounts on the premiums for installing an alarm...

I had gathered all the required bits to install my own kill switch on the ignition anyway - but had not had the time to install them...

As to an alarm... yeah they would have got around that if I had bought a cheap one as the first thing after smashing my window that they did was remove the battery leads... - cheap ones do not tend to have battery back up.

Either way if I do not sell the car once fixed I will definitely be investing in a vew extra "devices"!

Corrected first post - stuffed up on wheel type due to J-spec originally listing them as the wrong type:

This is the right Rim:

18" Manaray Sport Vertec VR5 Gold + polished Chrome alloy wheels with Bridgestone Potenza GII tires.

As these are a Jap Rim - any idea how much these are worth?

Edited by ShadowKnyght

Sorry to hear buddy, I always thought the same, If tis stolen i dont ever want to see it again!!

As for not having ANY insurance at all, Steve and Pete are spot on, If you dont have 3rd party AT ALL, dont bother coming on SAU cruises, If you cant pay for my damages that you caused, YOUR not gonna be happy with what i do to you!! Simple!!

having an alarm doesn't really make a diference may car had an $1500 alarm system and it still got stolen, the problem is most alarm systems are fitted with a service switch in the pillar or the lining in the roof, so all they have to do is find it an turn it off...

sorry to hear that bro....i guess good friday wasnt really a good friday for you was it?......its never good to hear anyone's pride and joy stolen/broken into....what has adelaide become....

having an alarm doesn't really make a diference may car had an $1500 alarm system and it still got stolen, the problem is most alarm systems are fitted with a service switch in the pillar or the lining in the roof, so all they have to do is find it an turn it off...

Untrue - yes, almost all alarms have the valet switch, but you must have the ignition turned turned to 'on' before they work. Meantime the alarm has already gone off from the breach, and you are on your way to the car, baseball bat in hand. I have a pager alarm, so if they are good enough to disable the alarm, get past my club lock, deactivate 2 kill switches and steal the car within the 10 seconds, then they get away with it. If they were still in the car when I got to it, I would be going to jail for breaking some knees and faces.

The whole point of an alarm is deterrence - hopefully they see the flashing light and decide it is not worth their trouble. I am very willing to bet that 99 times out of 100 if a car has an alarm the would-be thief won't even try.

Where was your car, and where you were you when they stole it?

dont bother coming on SAU cruises, If you cant pay for my damages that you caused, YOUR not gonna be happy with what i do to you!! Simple!!

maybe everyone attending should at least show a copy of a current insurance policy. I'm not being sarcastic but you have legitimate reasons! :)

only bit of a ripoff? in 3 years, your insurance premiums would've bought you exactly the same car :rofl:

whoa? really? i never realised!

:)

im well aware of what the money im spending on premiums could buy me, but hey, thats life.

19 year old driver, one speeding offence, imported v8, be foolish expect much better then that.

Edited by scandyflick