Moi

Duncan (SAU NSW)

Neil (SAU NSW with his Radical)

Shell? if she can wake up :)

?

?

c'mon

Didn't know people were going :)

Its more of a 'slap together' at the last minute, the best kind for organisers LOL I was going by myself until I realised others were coming too... and the list grew... so threw the doors open.

There's still time, its a speed off the streets day, anyone can go.

So how did the day go?

It was fuuuuuuuuuunnnnnn :)

I was exhausted after it all though, those longer outings really made a difference, barely had enough energy to get myself out of the car when I came back in. Elbows are bruised and neck is a bit sore.

Mark had his first drive of the FH yesterday and made himself carsick because it was too quick and jerky LOL

Got my time down to 65.15 yesterday :whistling::rant::rofl:

Yes, lots of fun! I was doing 1:19s in the old Beema. It was awsome out-handling and out-brakeing a V8 VE Commodore, an Integra and a Boxter through the twisties. Ofcourse it was a different story on the straights. :whistling:

Yeah great day out (Nice meeting you Michele and co). I have been around Wakefield on my bike but first time in the Skyline.

Had lots of fun re-learning the braking points (or more - when not to brake). Understeer in the final turn (11?) before the straight was a bit of a problem but I kind-of worked out a line that minimised this as much as possible.

My Skyline has pretty standard suspension apart from some Whiteline swaybars so I am thinking of doing a bit of tweaking with some springs and shocks before going out next. My brakes held up well with a set of ferodo pads and DBA Gold grooved discs on the front.

By the way, I got pulled over for a defect inspection (masquerading as a breath test) on the way to the track in the morning. Fortunately I have kept my mods as street-legal as possible (enclosed pod, factory blow-off valve) so the officer was pretty friendly and let me off with a warning about the adjustable boost controller.... nice guy and even gave me directions to Wakefield.

Hope to see you guys again at the next Wakefield date (is that coming up soon?).

Dani.

Yeah great day out (Nice meeting you Michele and co). I have been around Wakefield on my bike but first time in the Skyline.

By the way, I got pulled over for a defect inspection

Hope to see you guys again at the next Wakefield date (is that coming up soon?).

Dani.

It was good to meet you and to see the Skyline out there Dani - I'm going to be trying to spend a few speed off the street days out there in future to get used to my car. I'll let everyone know the next one.

Weekdays are cheaper, ($110 vs $140) but means a day off work. I've got my name down for the next AutoSports track day on 24th May and they are taking names down now, you will almost always get someone to fill your spot if you have to pull out before the day, register on http://www.autosports.com.au/ ($160 with timing).

Glad to hear you got past the defect inspection... I too had one on the way home from the track in Canberra on the Monaro, there was about 15 of them there, pulled me over in the truck and asked for my licence/rego etc and then asked if I could park up for a bit while they all looked at the Formula Holden and were asking questions about it LOL so for those driving past it looked like a sting on meeeee :P

Shell and SteadyEddie could've warned me :P they were in front, Titan prolly went through it too :(

I don't think Titan went that way coz he lives north side.......I didn't see them either but I turned off at Fyshwick. I'm supprised they didn't give you flack about not having any tread left on your Formula Holden tyres :ninja:

They can't actually defect you if the car is on a trailer though can they?

No, of course not. I was just having a go at their sometimes questionable inteligence/attitude. (the Formula Holden has slicks on it)

I don't think Titan went that way coz he lives north side.......I didn't see them either but I turned off at Fyshwick. I'm supprised they didn't give you flack about not having any tread left on your Formula Holden tyres :D

Yeah they were about 50m after where you turn off, speed camera just before the bridge and the mob were immediately after the bridge

Shell and SteadyEddie could've warned me :D they were in front, Titan prolly went through it too :D

oops thats probably mostly my fault... Chris wanted to ring you but couldnt on his phone, then he asked your daughter but couldnt use that either (cant remember why on either accounts)

Then I said "dont worry about it, sif they'd be speeding on this part of road in that truck, they'll be right"... lol.. sorry! :dry:

oops thats probably mostly my fault... Chris wanted to ring you but couldnt on his phone, then he asked your daughter but couldnt use that either (cant remember why on either accounts)

Then I said "dont worry about it, sif they'd be speeding on this part of road in that truck, they'll be right"... lol.. sorry! :cheers:

LOL tis ok Shell, I waz being a good girl *nod nod*

They can't actually defect you if the car is on a trailer though can they?

No, but I have heard stories on this board that they have demanded the vehicle be removed then defected it. If they ask never take the vehicle off the trailer due to the obvious legalities of having a non roadworthy car on a road.