SAU Community

Shell Vpower Or Bp Ultimate

hi guys,

my gtr is tuned for bp ultimate but after reading this article which 'maybe' motec has an affiliation with shell but i dont really care about that...

www.motec.com.au/fueltest/results.htm

...i am now tempted to get a retune on shell vpower.

i did a search & found some good info here - out of interest what is the preference fuel used here on a modified turbo?

fyi im running 325awkw.

thanks,

Edited by Marko R1

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

thank your fkn lucky stars you can get vpower. its "out of order" everywhere i have seen in sydney for months now. so i have to make 10minute detours to find 98 octane caltex or mobil. its a fkn joke, god knows what the explanation is.

in regards to your actual query though, i really dont think there would be discernible difference between bp and shell. all i would say is go to a high traffic servo because they have fresher fuel.

fresh is best!

that said, i loved vpower, and never had any trouble with it WHEN IT WAS AVAILABLE!

fkrs!

Hold on a sec, the article talks about V power racing (100 octane with some ethanol) and your talking about Vpower (98 octane)?

They're different things, one costs more and is extremely difficult to find :)

My tuner recommends a 100 octane fuel for track days so thats what I used last time, but I use BP ultimate for day to day and its been fine.

bp ultimate is my trusted fuel for both my rb20det and 26dett... both have never missed a beat and run perfectly... when i was in landscaping i also used ultimate in my honda mower and whipper snipper both been 4 strokes and they had alot more punch...

ultimate ftw! :)

happy easter

i havent tried vpower, but bp ultimate has been great for me. my car wont use anything but that...i might fill it with the other and see how it goes on that next time,

In my GTS-T daily driver I have used both Shell V-Power and BP Ultimate and it runs better on the BP Ultimate and I even get better fuel enonomy as an added bonus.

In my GTR I run Shell V-Power Racing (100 Octane) because the GTR loves it and she is more responsive right through the rev range. This stuff is hard to get and it costs more but for a limited use car it is worth the extra hassle and extra cost.

Both are very hard to find in Canberra atm, but I currently running tests on all 98 and found Ultimate gives the best fuel consumption, next Shell and last by far is Caltex. Not many Mobil's in Canberra

my r33 gtst auto is tuned to 320rwkws on shell v power.

knock levels on the pfc never go above 15, at 24psi boost.

due to running low on fuel i pulled into a bp that is a very high use servo and filled up with

ultimate. first time i opened it up after that i seen the dash light flash, and backed off, resulting in a knock of 76.

shit.

i thought suerly that cant be fuel related, so a few das later i opned it up again to 19 psi and straight away i had knock up to the low 80's. the rest of the tank was used up with less then 5 psi boost.

a fresh load of v power, and all happy again straight to 24 pound with knock in the low teens.

enough said i think.

havent touched it since.

a fresh load of v power, and all happy again straight to 24 pound with knock in the low teens.

enough said i think.

yeah the 100 octane v power racing is a great detonation killer

We only have the 98 vpower here in Adelaide. :rofl:

Im keen to check out the difference between the two fuels once/when I eventually run some decent boost; especially considering loonyman4 runs on the same dyno as I. :D

oh ok - my bad

well in vic we have 100ron v power racing its great

i have it on tap at my local shell 5 seconds from my place

and the price of it changes about once a month if that, my local shell had it at $1.59 for about 1.5 months

ive been using it past 2 months now

in summer with massive intake temps, exposed pod, aggressive timing

full load run uphill on a freeway on ramp - knock of like 10 is the most i see

if i had 98 in it it knocks around 60+ ish