SAU Community

10's Possible With This Power?

maxspd

I got my car dynoed and tuned running 2860-5's . Got 385kw at wheels in 2wd mode. (dynopack) .Standard internals ,standard cams. on my r32 gtr. Last time I raced ,managed a 11.6 with 250kw at wheels. do you guys think 10's possible with this setup. Standard weight, street tyres. running 1.64 0-60 ft times. Obviously there alot of factors that come into play, driver,track,etc... wanted to hear what people have acheived from experience with similar power output. the car is running a HKS F-con v pro with launch control and 4.3 gts4 ratio,also a front cusco lsd. really wanted to push a 10.8 if possible on standard internals..

thanks guys. could upload the dyno graph if i knew how.. = (.

I got my car dynoed and tuned running 2860-5's . Got 385kw at wheels in 2wd mode. (dynopack) .Standard internals ,standard cams. on my r32 gtr. Last time I raced ,managed a 11.6 with 250kw at wheels. do you guys think 10's possible with this setup. Standard weight, street tyres. running 1.64 0-60 ft times. Obviously there alot of factors that come into play, driver,track,etc... wanted to hear what people have acheived from experience with similar power output. the car is running a HKS F-con v pro with launch control and 4.3 gts4 ratio,also a front cusco lsd. really wanted to push a 10.8 if possible on standard internals..

thanks guys. could upload the dyno graph if i knew how.. = (.

easy 10's...i ran 10.34 with 398 AWKW weighing 1474kg plus a 105kg driver.

easy 10's...i ran 10.34 with 398 AWKW weighing 1474kg plus a 105kg driver.

impressive car you got there!. 398awkw.. what was your trap speed and 0-60ft times?.. what would 383rwkw or 454kw flywheel horsepwer be in awkw? 350?

we could of pushed more but standard internals and cams, plus No rod bolts..hopefully itll be enough . what rpm were you launching ? At the momment launch control is set at 7000rpm building about 11-12psi boost off the line. Revlimiter set at 8k. Any advice ,appreciated. Might race at the Import All-stars event next week , as soon as i do a 10sec pass ,ill be kicked out til I get a cage..so I want to make it count.= ) . Don't really want to put a cage in this car..

thanks

allen

if your really serious about drag racing you can hit a low 10 with that easy, dare i say it, pushing 9's

Sure in a rear wheel drive car,... I was only hoping for high tens.. = ).. enough for street car.

I have a r32 gtr drag car Ive been building for ages... running twin 3540 turbos.,1080 kgs . aiming for 8's so YES I am serious about drag racing.

as im from Adelaide and have no track to find out for myself,

my r33 gtst with a fully built auto running a 3k high stall.

current powers at 320rwkws. would that get me close to a 10?

thanks and sorry for the hijack

are'nt those turbos the same as r34 n1s?? sorry i just keep confusing the -5 and -7s

no 2860-5's are equivelent to 2530's and 2860-7's are suppose to be gtss's. It can get confusing ..then you got -10's ,2860'rs. :rofl:

impressive car you got there!. 398awkw.. what was your trap speed and 0-60ft times?.. what would 383rwkw or 454kw flywheel horsepwer be in awkw? 350?

we could of pushed more but standard internals and cams, plus No rod bolts..hopefully itll be enough . what rpm were you launching ? At the momment launch control is set at 7000rpm building about 11-12psi boost off the line. Revlimiter set at 8k. Any advice ,appreciated. Might race at the Import All-stars event next week , as soon as i do a 10sec pass ,ill be kicked out til I get a cage..so I want to make it count.= ) . Don't really want to put a cage in this car..

thanks

allen

133 MPH and 1.493 60' launching at 8000rpm with no two step. running a synchro gearbox on radials with no NOS. Engine was basically stock with forged pistons and ARP rod bolts, turbo's were HKS 2530's.

Are they running Allstars at Taupo or Meremere this year? I went to the Taupo event last year.

133 MPH and 1.493 60' launching at 8000rpm with no two step. running a synchro gearbox on radials with no NOS. Engine was basically stock with forged pistons and ARP rod bolts, turbo's were HKS 2530's.

Are they running Allstars at Taupo or Meremere this year? I went to the Taupo event last year.

At meremere this year...should be a huge event if teh weather agrees.. nz.. Heat Treatments not attending..on the boat to OZ. what are you aiming for now with the low mounts?

At meremere this year...should be a huge event if teh weather agrees.. nz.. Heat Treatments not attending..on the boat to OZ. what are you aiming for now with the low mounts?

running 9.9's now but only using 3 gears due to ANDRA regs. 9100rpm in 3rd gear gets me on the 140MPH limit for cars without a parachute. So i hold 3rd at 9100 over the line...hehe

I'd say you could hit a low 10 at Taupo, just be careful of stripping 3rd if the gearbox is standard, especially at that power :rofl:

But not at Meremere, the quality of the track up there is pretty crap, it's too slippery to be honest

Just trying to compare i ran 104 with a pretty bad 1.9 60ft due some old 032R's tyres that had gone off.. Haven't done a full pass yet not wanting to break into the 10's with a crappy 60 like that and not be able to bring it back out again till i cage it...

do any of you kiwi's know Joe Kyle...was giving him a hand at Taupo last year. Bit of advice helped him bring his 60' down. Nice fella.

Yes. I know Joe well...hes running my old power fc pro/z32afm. Hes got alot more power this year..560kw I think...but hasnt raced much this season. were you running 4.3 diff ratios? I took the car for a blast tonight , mate reckons it flys..but i can't feel that much..guess im getting use to the car. probably the max i should push on standard internals.

Yes. I know Joe well...hes running my old power fc pro/z32afm. Hes got alot more power this year..560kw I think...but hasnt raced much this season. were you running 4.3 diff ratios? I took the car for a blast tonight , mate reckons it flys..but i can't feel that much..guess im getting use to the car. probably the max i should push on standard internals.

STD diff ratio's