SAU Community

Long Shot But Worth A Try

NIZ32

HEY ALL. ITS A BIT OF A LONG SHOT BUT I THOUGHT I WOULD SEE IF ANYONE COULD HELP ME.

I BROUGHT A SET OF PERSONALISED PLATES LATE LAST YR. AFTER BUYING THE CAR I WENT TO PUT THE PLATES ON BUT QUEENSLAND TRANSPORT TOLD ME THAT THE PLATES WERE NOT SIGNED OVER INTO MY NAME. AND THAT THE GUY THAT I HAD BROUGHT THEM OFF HAD NOT GOT THEM SIGNED INTO HIS NAME EITHER. WAS JUST WONDERING IF ANYONE IS FRIENDS OR KNOWS OF THE GUY/GAL THAT USE TO OWN A SKYLINE WITH NIZ32 PLATES. OR IF ANYONE KNOWS OF ANYWAY TO TRACK THIS PERSON DOWN. I AM TRYING TO TRACK HIM/HER DOWN SO I CAN GET THE PLATES SIGNED INTO MY NAME AS I DON'T PARTICULARLY WANT TO BUY A PAIR OF PLATES I CAN'T USE. KEEP IN MIND COULD HAVE BEEN A FEW YRS AGO.

THANZ AGAIN PPL

Sounds like the guy you bought them off probably ran into exactly the same issues, then onsold them so they'd be your problem.

Anyway I'm not sure of the particulars but apparently for $15 you can get a name and address from a number plate. I think you might need to provide some kind of info on why you want them (damage to your car etc) but it might be worth following up.

Yeah, there is some way to get details from rego plates.

I remember someone doing that a while ago.

Didn't take him/her very long aswell.. said he'd do it and he did it within a day and i doubt he payed to get it done as it was a pointless matter.

But yeah, the guy who sold it to you may have just sold you the plates and was a scammer. i doubt it though.

Search on NIZ32 and it gave me this:

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/se...ghlite=%2BNIZ32

Don't think it helps much.

Edited by Owgasm

QLD transport can contact the owner of the plate for you...

A mate owns the plates "ROYS" and Qld transport contacted him saying that someone wanted to buy the plates etc etc was he interested in selling them and if yes they would pass on the details of the buyer...

But yeah you can ask qld transport to contact the current owner of the plates...

On the other hand one side of me says, return the plates to where you bought them from and kick the seller in the back side for not informing you of this issue...

QLD transport can contact the owner of the plate for you...

A mate owns the plates "ROYS" and Qld transport contacted him saying that someone wanted to buy the plates etc etc was he interested in selling them and if yes they would pass on the details of the buyer...

But yeah you can ask qld transport to contact the current owner of the plates...

On the other hand one side of me says, return the plates to where you bought them from and kick the seller in the back side for not informing you of this issue...

yes u are right there, return them to previous owner bcoz if u pay him for them and contact the actual person who has the papers for them he might turn round and say no thanx i dont want you to have them, then take them off u, and the middle man gets your cash, u get screwed over. so go back to that guy and ask him where he got them from and track it back that way.

the guy i brought them off didn't change them into his name cause he already had his own plates to put on the car. the plates i beleive came off of a grey 4 door R32 skyline. the fella that owns it now i'm pretty sure has 45AKN plates on the car now

the guy i brought them off didn't change them into his name cause he already had his own plates to put on the car. the plates i beleive came off of a grey 4 door R32 skyline. the fella that owns it now i'm pretty sure has 45AKN plates on the car now

So you dont have any details on him what so ever ????

When I bought my line I had to complete a transfer of rego plates form with his details on them. I was of the opinion that it was similar to when you transfer car rego. If you physically have them I would attend Qld Transport and due to the fact you bought them over a year ago the chances of you having his details are pretty slim anyway. They usually have a form similar to a stat dec behind the counter that you fill out.

That way if an owner comes forward and wants to report the plates stolen they have you over a barrell. Similar to Cash converters have the declaration that the property you are selling/pledging is yours to sell etc. that way when you pawn stolen property it doesnt come back to them.

So basically attend Qld Transport with the plates and you should undergo the same process. Atleast attend the front counter and ask them but as mentioned above you should not have any problems and will only have to do the stat dec thing.

Cheers

Imtorqing

HEY ALL. ITS A BIT OF A LONG SHOT BUT I THOUGHT I WOULD SEE IF ANYONE COULD HELP ME.

I BROUGHT A SET OF PERSONALISED PLATES LATE LAST YR. AFTER BUYING THE CAR I WENT TO PUT THE PLATES ON BUT QUEENSLAND TRANSPORT TOLD ME THAT THE PLATES WERE NOT SIGNED OVER INTO MY NAME. AND THAT THE GUY THAT I HAD BROUGHT THEM OFF HAD NOT GOT THEM SIGNED INTO HIS NAME EITHER.

Did the guy you bought them off ever have them on a car? One would hope they were his to sell because the owner can just say theyre his and get them back once he knows where they are surely.