SAU Community

New Track In Sa Being Talked About On The News

mr_rbman

As the topic says i just saw an add on channel seven talking about the new race track for SA and getting hoons off the streets.

Finger's crossed the story is done positively and then surely it will only help in getting things moving!

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you tube add :woot: i didnt see it was watchimg malcom in the middle in 113 :thumbsup: had like 5 hours of it

haha same.

definately looks promising, i had a chat with the people that had organised the rally down at port adelaide, and they confirmed that there was a circuit to be made, that was to be used for both racing and drift. on a side note they mentioned the part about drift without any prompting by me so it definately seems to have the recognition when designing the course. it would awesome to see the drift community consulted about the track to make it the first track designed with drift in mind. especially with the numbers DA and even G1 have been seen to bring to mallala, it would definately get the numbers through the gates of the new track.

well they claim they want to use it as a training ground for ambo's marshals and i guess fire'ies

i dont see why you cant run it like a Seven11 i mean we have lights now a days and wouldnt it be good if @ 2am you cant sleep lets go cut some laps... just my thoughts

btw nice sig howie

Tell you what those tyre shops around there would be doing a roaring trade too :)

Did they have time frames on when it might get up, and did they talk about any potential council issues? has a DA been submitted and all that?

btw nice sig howie

Cheers buddy! Finally got the front lip on.

This has been in discussion for over 6 months now. 3 corporations are getting together to build the venue for circuit racing (another Mallala), with a drag strip, and other hardstand areas for training etc. Work is meant to begin in 6-9 months and will take 15 months to complete. Location is not yet definite, but will be located in the north, north-western suburbs of Adelaide. I am aware of this project, but thats all I can disclose right now.

As far as getting the hoons of the streets ... it won't be cheap. Circuit racing doesn't come cheap and night shifts at Maccas won't get them far. The hoons will still be on the streets, but its the sensible drivers who will take to the track.

It won't be more affordable. Do you really think a brand newly laid track closer to the city population will be any cheaper than a rundown shit hole like Mallala? Still, give me Mallala any day. I know all the lines and bumps and cambers and can do 1m17s all day.

Did/will someone youtube it for us? :)

Its just as easy to turn on your TV dude. :laughing-smiley-014:

Edited by RubyRS4

Not being home makes it a little difficult for some of us who work late. :)

I'm not entirely sure about work beginning in 6-9 months.. if a DA hasn't been submitted, and it probably will be a non-complying development, that means a lengthy public consultation process and possibly some rezoning and changes to the PAR will be required. And since a site hasn't been selected, I dare say that the DA hasn't been put through to council yet. ahhh Adelaide red tape.. don't you love it.

Hope you're able to shed a little light on this.

Its just as easy to turn on your TV dude. :laughing-smiley-014:

the tv's a couple of rooms away from my comp, i'll try and watch it on the box 2moro though

Not being home makes it a little difficult for some of us who work late. :(

Makes sense :)

I'm not entirely sure about work beginning in 6-9 months.. if a DA hasn't been submitted, and it probably will be a non-complying development, that means a lengthy public consultation process and possibly some rezoning and changes to the PAR will be required. And since a site hasn't been selected, I dare say that the DA hasn't been put through to council yet.

Hope you're able to shed a little light on this.

There have been a few sites pre-selected and DAF submissions have been lodged concurrent with each other.

It will only be a lengthy consultation period depending on the zoning and the number of representations.

Council will fast track this to its next DAP meeting, or hold a special meeting (no public consultation) if it fits within the zoning (or rezoning), especially when Council get 0.1% of the total development cost. If its development cost is in the millions, Council gets a nice healthy sum.

The development can be applied for in stages to, to help speed things up (demolition, excavation, construction, EPA approvals (noise) etc).

The Mitsubishi testing facility got its approvals and constructed in a very timely fashion.

But then again, I've seen developments of this size and nature fail to meet its timelines.

Once it gets approval, the development will need full or substantial completion in 12 months, or it must apply for an extension if its not finished in time.

PAR changes can be done in almost a week if the ERD Court sees it as straight forward.

Having this track completed or near completion in 2 years is do-able.

Edited by RubyRS4

maybe if they have one of those workmeets or wateva its called where a whole lot of ppl go to help bring it all together quicker e.g. drifters, draggers, car clubs etc.

There have been a few sites pre-selected and DAF submissions have been lodged concurrent with each other.

It will only be a lengthy consultation period depending on the zoning and the number of representations.

Council will fast track this to its next DAP meeting, or hold a special meeting (no public consultation) if it fits within the zoning (or rezoning), especially when Council get 0.1% of the total development cost. If its development cost is in the millions, Council gets a nice healthy sum.

The development can be applied for in stages to, to help speed things up (demolition, excavation, construction, EPA approvals (noise) etc).

The Mitsubishi testing facility got its approvals and constructed in a very timely fashion.

But then again, I've seen developments of this size and nature fail to meet its timelines.

Once it gets approval, the development will need full or substantial completion in 12 months, or it must apply for an extension if its not finished in time.

PAR changes can be done in almost a week if the ERD Court sees it as straight forward.

Having this track completed or near completion in 2 years is do-able.

Great stuff mate! Thanks for the inside goss. I'll keep a look out for the DA around the various councils, if it's on for the next DAP i'll see if i can get down to town hall.

Great stuff mate! Thanks for the inside goss. I'll keep a look out for the DA around the various councils, if it's on for the next DAP i'll see if i can get down to town hall.

I should clarify that DAF submission will be (if not already) submitted.

They're still 'getting a feel' for the legalities of each site.

BTW developments fall into 3 categories:

Cat 1 (complying approval, no public consultation, meets most if not all zone principles and objectives)

Cat 2 (non-complying approval, public consultation, meets most principles and objectives)

Cat 3 (non-complying approval, public consultation, if Council says no, thats it no second chances)

I believe one of the sites has a good chance of Cat 1 approval. So no ERD Court hearing. So long as the EPA is happy.

Edited by RubyRS4

Hey you seem pretty close to the action.. reckon you can post a link to the DA's when they go public? I'd really like to throw some support to these guys, and can organise a group submission on behalf of sensational-adelaide.com.

Hey you seem pretty close to the action.. reckon you can post a link to the DA's when they go public? I'd really like to throw some support to these guys, and can organise a group submission on behalf of sensational-adelaide.com.

Umm, I think I've said too much already :laughing-smiley-014: but if I hear of the submission going before Council, I'll post up a link here.

As far as I know (and I can say this being outside my work) Panel members have been contacted separately and an initial reaction is that it will get approval no worries. The Pre-1976 Car Club and SMASA have been keeping a close eye on this. They were going to do a run/cruise to generate support, but it is apparently not required because its meant to really be an easy "go ahead".

But as I said, I've seen developments this size 'stumble' over the finish line. So as far as I'm concerned, its getting built. Its just a matter of time and when the money runs out. There will be shortcuts and I think it will take a reinvestment before the track is up to scratch. I reckon its first track will suffer and need relaying. Happens commonly. I'm yet to see a layout for the track (and don't bother asking, I wouldn't/can't share that info).

:)