SAU Community

Why Are Xenon Bulbs Dump By Compliance Shop?

It just doesn't meet ADR. You will get your car with a normal H1 globe. No escape.

You're not searching hard enough as there is already a thread about xenon headlights on the V-Series Skyline forum section.

You're not searching hard enough as there is already a thread about xenon headlights on the V-Series Skyline forum section.

which one?

I also searched the forums and got serveral threads.

but the reason why the bulbs were removed wasn't mentioned at all.

Unfortunately these are some of the pitfall that will happen to you when importing an Import yourself under SEVS...

Edit: In exception if you live in japan for 12 months or more and owning the car there, you may bring it in as personal import scheme and you may get away with not having to convert the HID lights - just the basic RWC - but I am not 100% of the rules - they change the rule all the time.

Haven't given it a total comparison but according to some people the headlights in 350GT didn't perform as well after being converted to H1, compared to original xenons. Regardless when this will deteoriate the headlights' performance, the law just don't care about it and the xenons need to be removed anyhow.

If your manage to get your original HID ballast, you will have to reinstall the xenons again with risking the car deemed as unroadworthy for registration. This is a pain in the bum job as most cases you need to remove the bumper to get access to the light, or put the car on jack and remove the rims & inner wheel guard to get access. Either way it's not gonna be easy peasy.

If not then the HID ballast would have been destroyed during compliance, and you'll be left with an option to either hunt the original ballast from local Nissan dealers (who may not be interested in sourcing the part for you at all), or buy an aftermarket HID kit from China/Hong Kong which sometimes creates more problems than glory. My bro in law's WRX has one of those chinese HID kit, and now he must turn his headlight on high beam all the times or the HID will flicker like a christmas tree light on steroids. So now he only have his high beams aimed low enough to become like a normal low beam and no 'higher' high beams. Pretty crap.

I'm sticking with my H1 globe at the moment, cbf bothered to swap it for now. And before anyone ask - no I will not sell my original ballast - I'm keeping them.