SAU Community

Sau Nsw Texikhana 2008

So you think doing the back track in rwd would be better?

No, the grip is essential on the back track, its just in keiths case, when boost is on at 5500, you would bog down in second gear in the slalom's. Idealy, he should go back to 1st gear, but thats alot of hassle and if your gearbox is a little tender, 1st gear synchro wont like you.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just looking into this. My cars worthy (ie moves under it's own volition lol) now. I have the license you get when you do a track day at Wakefield ("Clubcomp License". Is that good enough for this? I don't have a helmet though :|

Just watched the vids with the cones. I GARANTEE I will get lost on that course hahaha

If my license is OK, and I can get a helmet from somewhere + pay in time, I'm up for this. Someone lemme know asap!

OH by the way, do they let more than one car at a time onto that track up the top of the driving facility? Cos that's where I did the safety training thing, and they let about 10 inexperienced drivers on there at once... with all the blind corners n stuff its asking for trouble IMO. A soarer nearly got rear ended by a Daihatsu locking it up coming into the last downhill bend before the straight..... EEP. Only one car at a time on there, yeah?

Edited by sl33py

Just looking into this. My cars worthy (ie moves under it's own volition lol) now. I have the license you get when you do a track day at Wakefield ("Clubcomp License". Is that good enough for this? I don't have a helmet though :|

Just watched the vids with the cones. I GARANTEE I will get lost on that course hahaha

If my license is OK, and I can get a helmet from somewhere + pay in time, I'm up for this. Someone lemme know asap!

I think the more recent Wakefield licences are AASA and might just pass - Does it have AASA on it anywhere?

Q about licenses was answered in another thread for me :) $90/yr for the AASA one.

BTW, this would be another great place to try out my new car cam, assuming internal suction cups ones are OK.

Edited by sl33py

OH by the way, do they let more than one car at a time onto that track up the top of the driving facility? Cos that's where I did the safety training thing, and they let about 10 inexperienced drivers on there at once... with all the blind corners n stuff its asking for trouble IMO. A soarer nearly got rear ended by a Daihatsu locking it up coming into the last downhill bend before the straight..... EEP. Only one car at a time on there, yeah?

yep only one car at a time, and we will have cones set up to slow everyone down in certain parts. It is not designed to be a high speed event. We'll be having even more cones this year & set up better (you learn these things after running the event before...)

I dont believe we have any restrictions on the helmet?? As long as its Aust Safety Standards approved?? I would assume wakie would be the same?

lol did u edit your post about helmet certification or am i going crazy :cheers:

try motorbike shops for helmets too... if you're shopping around... might find some cheaper ones :)

Cool@ bike helmets. Cheers!

Yeah must have haha, I just meant to edit the part about the camera, cos I realised a camera inside the car for obstacle event maybe silly - outside footage is probably more fun/useful? I dunno. If ppl think it'd be useful, I'll have it handy anyway. Just don't want someone runnin off with it haha

You may be crazy anyway tho :cheers:

Edited by sl33py

Q about licenses was answered in another thread for me :cheers: $90/yr for the AASA one.

BTW, this would be another great place to try out my new car cam, assuming internal suction cups ones are OK.

Seriously? AASA is up to $90 now? if so, my advice (and I like what AASA stand for) is to go CAMS L2S for no other reason than so you can run other CAMS events... such as... the hillclimb, Oran Park, EC etc

I thought AASA was around $50?

Well that's what someone on another forum posted as the price for 1 year. I don't think I have time for sending away stuff etc etc if they can take 2-3 weeks to process a CAMS application like ppl have said. I'm most likely to use the license to go to Wakefield and this event over the next year... maaaybe hillclimb or something if I have a look and like it...

Sounds like CAMS is more official and that you can't just rock up and buy one on the day, like you can with AASA?

Well that's what someone on another forum posted as the price for 1 year. I don't think I have time for sending away stuff etc etc if they can take 2-3 weeks to process a CAMS application like ppl have said. I'm most likely to use the license to go to Wakefield and this event over the next year... maaaybe hillclimb or something if I have a look and like it...

Sounds like CAMS is more official and that you can't just rock up and buy one on the day, like you can with AASA?

Yes, you can usually fill out the CAMS form on the day with CAMS affiliated clubs and keep the 30 day tear off (SAU is with CAMS)

Shell should be able to confirm if SAU have someone coming from NSW who has the delegation to sign off the CAMS form.

If you would prefer to organise in advance, phone CAMS and they can fast-track the process and fax an interim 30 day licence. You should be able to fax your form and receive something back fairly quickly until your real one comes through.

Or (just to confuse matter more LOL) you could come along to the SDMA hillclimb and join CAMS this Sunday, on the spot. Best to do before 9am though (while they are still in the office).

Hey Guys,

Any more ACT peeps what to enter...we have some spots left!! spead the word and get you mates to enter, any type of car is aloud and its a great event, loads of fun :)

Come and kick some NSW butt!! :cheers:

Cejay: Na it will be sweet, I need 4wd once i hit boost other wise i loss alot of traction...

I dont think i will be the slowest GTR out there... Plus its no to bad, Just alot of clutch kicking as reece said.

Edited by BNR32t