SAU Community

R32 Gtr Wont Start Without Jump

Hey.

Got a problem with an R32 GTR. Picked it up from compliance and the idiot decided to jump start it the wrong way. (- to +, + to -). After a bit of smoke he realized, and then jump started it the right way.

The car now will not start on it's own with a battery. We put a working battery out of another car in and no luck. The car will crank once but not have enough power to actually rotate the engine. If we jump start it off another running car, it will start, but only after a good 10-15 seconds of cranking.

The car drives bad. Misfires under any load, and whenever there is a misfire, all the instruments die. The gauges drop to zero, the lights turn off, etc. After driving it around for a while to charge the battery, it will not turn on again after being turned off.

We also tried removing the battery while the car was running to check the alternator, and the car kept running. (Albeit badly, like above)

Anyone have any ideas what may have been screwed up? The car drove fine before the compliance people had their way with it.

Thanks,

Peter

lol omfg get the guy to pay for the damages...but i doubt its the ecu

btw why did the guy try jump starting it anyway? if it started fine before?

Edited by 10MinuteCar

lol omfg get the guy to pay for the damages...but i doubt its the ecu

btw why did the guy try jump starting it anyway? if it started fine before?

It took him 2 months to comply it. By that stage, I guess the battery had gone flat.

The misfires under load may be because the battery is pretty much dead(it happened to me). Please put a brand new spanking battery in and give us a report, i think you will be alright. :(

if he used a jumper pack they require load in order to work, starting this backwards still provides load, imo he prob fried the ecu hence ur intruments die, ur misfire underload is ecu related because the ecu isnt able to correspond to input given by ur sensors eg. crank, temp etc etc therefore not supplying enuf fuel under load. ide prob get it swapped with a working one to test it, this is ur easiest option.