SAU Community

Anyone Going To Saturday Arvo Sprints @ Qr?

blitza

Hey All,

I'm a bit of a newbie with a relatively stocko 34 GTT, but I decided to enter in this weekends 'saturday afternoon sprints'. It should be loads of fun.

Is anyone else on here going?

If so, come n say g'day.

Hey All,

I'm a bit of a newbie with a relatively stocko 34 GTT, but I decided to enter in this weekends 'saturday afternoon sprints'. It should be loads of fun.

Is anyone else on here going?

If so, come n say g'day.

What time does it start? Are there any prostitutes? How much for entry ( the racetrack! )?

entry to go and watch the sprints is - wait for it - FREE!!

depending upon how my saturday goes and we dont have to call in the police, I will be heading out for a looksie.

QR Sprints, been there, won that :rant:

entry to go and watch the sprints is - wait for it - FREE!!

depending upon how my saturday goes and we dont have to call in the police, I will be heading out for a looksie.

QR Sprints, been there, won that ;)

Maybe time to take on the time attack sprints then ;) Be nice to have your machine out there amongst the fast machines like giant.

The saturday crowd don't impress me much.

And yes, proper racing is free to watch. Unlike the tools in drift who think you should pay to watch practice.

Maybe time to take on the time attack sprints then :/ Be nice to have your machine out there amongst the fast machines like giant.

The saturday crowd don't impress me much.

And yes, proper racing is free to watch. Unlike the tools in drift who think you should pay to watch practice.

Actually you are right I should pull my finger out and do a time attack day, sooner rather than later.

Actually you are right I should pull my finger out and do a time attack day, sooner rather than later.

Paul may have a spot available this Sat out at lakeside. send mountainrunner a pm if you are up for it.

Paul may have a spot available this Sat out at lakeside. send mountainrunner a pm if you are up for it.

Lakeside I cant do, no way will my car pass the db limit! :D

I think my car was like 108 db at 25m where the lakeside limit is 92 db at 8m.

damn I cant come out this saturday now, my sister is visiting from out of town.

I will find out when the next time attack event is on and get myself organised for entry :(

I didnt even know you competed in qr sprints. Are all the lap times recorded and compared?

yep.

last years lap times are probably gone from the QR web site.

Fastest sprint circuit time for me so far is a 57.36.

yep.

last years lap times are probably gone from the QR web site.

Fastest sprint circuit time for me so far is a 57.36.

Not to shabby. One of my mates is currently doing low 58s and has a real suspension drama. Once I get hin to sort that it should have about a second in it. Even wasted the GT40 on slicks last outing.

Not to shabby. One of my mates is currently doing low 58s and has a real suspension drama. Once I get hin to sort that it should have about a second in it. Even wasted the GT40 on slicks last outing.

you mean Paul Gillis's GT40? thats impressive :thumbsup: He's always got the goods on my car.

Be interesting to see how all the lap times compare since the surface tratment on the track. Has anyone done a before and after compare without modifying their car ? I have started new hall of fame for the Time Attack guys so that all records are on the same surface as such.

Paul, Simon says they have dropped a second with the green surface, but expect to gain again after a few months when it sets and then cools off a bit.

Simon is running a Purple Sileighty with a nicely worked RB25 and massive rear wang :) Rear anti roll seems a little soft, he added an extra hole on my suggestion to firm it up more and feels it is a massive improvement to the understeer and left rear squat that was happening out of the final turn onto the straight at QR. So with more confidence in the car now he should start to get quicker.