SAU Community

R30 Struts and Cut Springs?

hey every1 i have an r30 skyline (hr30 with the l20et) and i need to know how the front stuts are removed? i have undone all bolts, is the strut connected to that lower ball joint? also why do cars with cut springs bounce is it becuase of the higer spring rate?

cheers

i cant find any info on my HR30 skyline (l20et) does anyone have any info..........apart from history and does any1 know how to get front struts out of the R30 it seems to be connected by ball joint to the lower arm?...

cheers

Once you have the two bolts out connecting the control arm to the strut you have to two lever down on the control arm to lift the strut over the locating ring on the plane(?) arm that is bolted onto the ball joint

Its great fun i did the same job only days ago.

Anyone know the best spring rates for an R30? i seem to recall jenesis used to have it on their website. not there anymore.

when i bought my car the springs in the rear have been cut heaps and it sits real low and looks cool with heaps of camber, but it chews tyres real bad, i have heard you can slot the X member to counter act this? also datsport mods them to be adjustable but its like $500

the reason your car bounces when the springs are chopped is because thesprings are no longer as heavy and they are shorter, therefore making them softer and tghey hit the bump stops and bounce off them (it also wrecks your bump stops)

I've just gone through all the hassels with changing the struts, i looked at the set up for the front and rear then ended up getting the place where i got the shocks and springs from to do the work for free. now has anyone looked into strut braces for the R30 at all, i've spoken to whiteline and they are developing then at the moment but no time frame for when they are ready. if anyone has other options let us know

cheers.