SAU Community

Finally Got My Dream Car!

After years of nagging my wife she finally said i could get my dream car. The next day i was at the car dealer putting in an order for a R34 GTR. Week later a VSPEC was found and was on its way over from Japan. Took 5 weeks to get here then another week to comply. Another week was spent adding minimum mods - titanium exhaust, ebc and filter kit. Also added a nismo kit and painted front lip (not diffuser). Lastly added 2 alarm system for peace of mind. All up 8 weeks to get into car (felt longer).

Have always wanted one since I saw a brand new R33 GTR in 96. Have always known it was the best car even though i had never been in one. My first time was when I drove off the lot with MY OWN GODZILLA. Had high expectations for this car and it has more than exceeded them. The pure driving pleasure it gives is the best.

My dream has come true and i hope yours does too..

post-47426-1207213521_thumb.jpg

post-47426-1207213543_thumb.jpg

post-47426-1207213550_thumb.jpg

post-47426-1207213558_thumb.jpg

Edited by kefe69

firstly welcome to sau... and firstly again CONGRATULATIONS! welcome to the club of opening your beer 5 meters away from your car and facing the front bonnet... holding up your beer to the car and saying cheers :P ..... u will be doing it for the next 2 months...... u will talk to her an develope a deep bond..... i know i did when i purchased my immaculate r32 gtr 6 months ago. there is something about a gtr that pulls you in and you will quickly develope more respect for this car than you ever thought possible and it will keep exceeding your expectations... especially through the twisties (hills)

ontop of that your beast is absolutely stunning.... a real eye brow raiser! good luck with her and welcome to the empty wallet club....... LET THE MODDING BEGIN! :cool:

all the best

jenkies

It's a great feeling ain't it!

Had mine for a year now.... Love ... Hate relationship with mine :P

Love her to bits.. hehe

Congrats, she's looking fine :cool:

Im not the only one drooling over her, ive noticed other people around her doing it too.

Yeah car loves to go fast and hates sticking to the speed limit..

I have to say that's a nice car. Be careful "light" mods often turn into big ones. I felt the same 2 days ago when I got my 33 gts-t before I crashed ( owned it for all of 5 hours :P )

Im not the only one drooling over her, ive noticed other people around her doing it too.

I know what you mean! I had a WRX before, but I've never seen people react the way they do to the R! So many people stop and look.

After years of nagging my wife she finally said i could get my dream car. The next day i was at the car dealer putting in an order for a R34 GTR. Week later a VSPEC was found and was on its way over from Japan. Took 5 weeks to get here then another week to comply. Another week was spent adding minimum mods - titanium exhaust, ebc and filter kit. Also added a nismo kit and painted front lip (not diffuser). Lastly added 2 alarm system for peace of mind. All up 8 weeks to get into car (felt longer).

snip...

how much is the FOB? what dealer did you use?

• 1 month later...

It is a feeling you can't describe owning the GTR. It is the only car you will drive that will always ask questions of you as driver. You can go faster through that corner you know, comeon faster. It is a question of nerve, are you game enough to push it, the car is always asking you and telling you could do that faster. Once you get that thing on the track or at a DECA day you will understand. :geek:

Well done mate, I've got the exact same colour and spec GTR some two years ago now...still remember picking her up and the drive home...can't beat that feeling....you know what I mean!

Anyway, some months ago after telling myself that the car is perfect as it is with stainless exhaust 4 inches all the way from dump pipes, boost controller, turbo time that all came with the car...I've gone the pretty much the whole haul and got after market turbos, dump pipes, ECU, injectors etc...bar opening the engine (will happen some time I'm sure) and never looked back....you will get that bug too when you know there's more power to be had.

Good luck and happy driving!